Author Topic: Cornick family, born, married, & adopted, a gathering  (Read 184009 times)

Ellyll

• Pack Member
Re: Mercy and Anna
« Reply #450 on: June 19, 2009, 11:50:56 am »
I think that's a very good assessment of the basic differences between the two.  I like it.  :)
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #451 on: June 19, 2009, 08:36:01 pm »
I like comparing Anna to a gardener...

So very true. Mercy, on the other hand, is a construction worker/ demolition expert.

The Deposed King

« Reply #452 on: June 20, 2009, 10:59:11 am »
Glad you like.  ;)

The Deposed King

Kaniya20

Re: Bran and Leah
« Reply #453 on: July 28, 2009, 12:15:39 am »
I dont know if anybody has mentioned it I didnt read all of them but in the last AandO I think she pretty well told us that brans berserker was from loosing himself. His mother stole is will and his mind from him when she changed him when he broke free, there was nothing but rage in him, a literal madness that only someone he really loved would be safe from. When he lost BJW again he lost himself and his wolf's grief nearly sent his human mind into another berserker rage. It might be about who has dominance within him, if he shuts his mind off from whatever trauma happens as a preservation reflex, the natural killing instinct of the wolf literally rule and only self preservation of blood and life keep certain people safe. But what he realized with BJW was that the mating bond gave his wolf peace, and grounded it, stability between the two of them. But how much he loved her and loosing her is what nearly broke him. So he sought a mating bond, and he choose the most self centered, egotistical bitch of a woman he could find so he wouldn't be able to love her and probably showed her to his wolf.  The wolves mated, and Leah fell in love with him, but bran can't love her. So you can feel for her, but until she's gets over herself, you cant really like her. SO brans darkness is the product of a shattered mind, heart and predatory blood lust. Only a mating bond and keep it in check.

The Deposed King

« Reply #454 on: July 28, 2009, 03:30:55 pm »
I dont know if anybody has mentioned it I didnt read all of them but in the last AandO I think she pretty well told us that brans berserker was from loosing himself. His mother stole is will and his mind from him when she changed him when he broke free, there was nothing but rage in him, a literal madness that only someone he really loved would be safe from. When he lost BJW again he lost himself and his wolf's grief nearly sent his human mind into another berserker rage. It might be about who has dominance within him, if he shuts his mind off from whatever trauma happens as a preservation reflex, the natural killing instinct of the wolf literally rule and only self preservation of blood and life keep certain people safe. But what he realized with BJW was that the mating bond gave his wolf peace, and grounded it, stability between the two of them. But how much he loved her and loosing her is what nearly broke him. So he sought a mating bond, and he choose the most self centered, egotistical bitch of a woman he could find so he wouldn't be able to love her and probably showed her to his wolf.  The wolves mated, and Leah fell in love with him, but bran can't love her. So you can feel for her, but until she's gets over herself, you cant really like her. SO brans darkness is the product of a shattered mind, heart and predatory blood lust. Only a mating bond and keep it in check.

Well at the end of A&O it looked like the mate bond wasn't enough to contain him, and it took an Omega plus a Son to ground out the rage.  Now whether that was in spite of or in addition too his current mate bond is anyone's guess.

The Deposed King

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #455 on: August 02, 2009, 06:44:06 pm »

Well at the end of A&O it looked like the mate bond wasn't enough to contain him, and it took an Omega plus a Son to ground out the rage.  Now whether that was in spite of or in addition too his current mate bond is anyone's guess.

The Deposed King

Yes your right at the end it did take Anna and Charles but that was because of the witch and the then and there moment. It also mentioned when Bran returned home after leaving Charles' the beserker started to stir again so in order to settle it back down it took his phyical relationship with Leah to put it back somewhat under control. So leah does contribute a lot when it come to helping him keep the beast at bay

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
Re: Sam Cornick: Tri-Cities' Own Folksinging Physician
« Reply #456 on: September 02, 2009, 09:07:51 pm »
I had a thought and it doesn't belong in HG spoilers, so I put it here.

Some Dominants want responsibility for everything and everyone (Alpha). Some don't. (Asil, CHarles, Warren, etc)

Samuel seems to fit the Alpha idea, yet he has no pack separate from his father's. Perhaps that is part of his problem, why he is falling apart?

opramum

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #457 on: September 02, 2009, 09:11:24 pm »
Wonder if Sam will be singing at Tumbleweed Festival THIS weekend in Richland? :-whistle
Esteemed member of the SOOGA

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #458 on: September 03, 2009, 12:49:21 am »
Samuel seems to fit the Alpha idea, yet he has no pack separate from his father's. Perhaps that is part of his problem, why he is falling apart?

Perhaps it is a reason. Samuel doesn't want to be part of a pack because he doesn't want to be responsible for anyone, and maybe he doesn't want anyone to be responsible for him. (Packs share the burdens, but he kind of wants to bare his own problems without dragging others down with him.)

But I think he needs a pack. In IK he was better in himself when he looking after Mercy. It took his mind of himself, like a respite from his own problems, and he wasn't fallng apart then, was he? But I don't think he necessarily needs to be Alpha though, he's spent too much time looking out for everyone else, Bran for example. Though it's probably better if he stays away from Bran's pack.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #459 on: September 03, 2009, 06:43:02 am »
I think Sam feels responsibility as a dominant, plus the extra sense of responsibility that makes him a doctor.  But he's very, very, very old, and he's been being responsible for everyone around him for a very long time.  And he's broken now.  Maybe because he's old, and maybe because what he did to Mercy was a self-betrayal as much as a betrayal of her.  Or maybe all of the above, plus stuff we haven't seen yet.  I think he doesn't have a pack because he can't handle it right now.  He can't be both things at the same time: the guy who's responsible for everyone else; and the guy who's broken and needs care (or at least space). 

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #460 on: September 03, 2009, 01:30:26 pm »
For the record, Silver Borne is going to feature lots of changes for Samuel.  First, of course, he has to pretty much go off the deep end (poor Samuel).  However, Patty promises she has some good things in store for him.  Don't think he's getting a Pack . . . but suspect he's getting a sweetie who will live as long as he does. 

Lone wolves don't do well, but sometimes two people are pack enough.  :D
Where's my super-suit?

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #461 on: September 03, 2009, 01:37:49 pm »
First, of course, he has to pretty much go off the deep end (poor Samuel).

I thought he might.  Poor Samuel.  He's kind of my favorite (although Charles is moving right up there, book by book).  I can't wait to read it.  And it's very comforting to know he'll be happy in the end.  After lots more trauma, of course.  >D

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #462 on: September 03, 2009, 04:38:26 pm »
For the record, Silver Borne is going to feature lots of changes for Samuel.  First, of course, he has to pretty much go off the deep end (poor Samuel).  However, Patty promises she has some good things in store for him.  Don't think he's getting a Pack . . . but suspect he's getting a sweetie who will live as long as he does. 

Lone wolves don't do well, but sometimes two people are pack enough.  :D

female wolves aren't allowed to be lone wolves.  and this nixes the Samuel-Kara Beckworth or Samuel-Sage speculation.  I'm guessing either Nemane or an unknown fae. Fae can have children and some are immortal.

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #463 on: September 03, 2009, 04:41:50 pm »
or maybe instead of a fae, a vampire?  although he doesn't like them and is even afraid of them.  no sam-marsilia pairing in the future.  that would be too weird.

Charles did say in Hunting Ground that werewolves are european monsters, but that the Asians had their own kind who didn't like werewolves.  So maybe someone not fae, not werewolf or vampire, but some unknown supernatural?  (I rather like Nemane, and a Samuel-Nemane pairing would be interesting.) 

turtlezipp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #464 on: September 07, 2009, 08:32:58 am »
i just finished iron kissed.  Just wanted to say I loved it...and im not usually one to tell authors what to write due to the fact they don;t have to listen.  there has to be a woman for samuel  we cant leave him alone ack...its breaking my heart

Edited for Subject change. Elle.

lol i said the same thing about getting stefan the hook up too. :P