Author Topic: Cornick family, born, married, & adopted, a gathering  (Read 184031 times)

alan

Re: Samuels Mom, Bran's First Wife (?) Possible Cry Wolf *SPOILER*
« Reply #405 on: May 28, 2009, 10:38:11 am »
And I thought my family was confusing.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #406 on: May 28, 2009, 10:52:58 am »
I was wondering if Bran inherited more than just telepathy from his mother. I mean she was a witch and he was her son, or did she take away his powers. I thought I read something like that. But I'm not sure, and can the reason Charles have magical abilities be that he inherited from both sides of his family?

I think with Charles there is the possibility of him developing those abilities but its more about the direction of the magic. Charles never really trained as a witch and his abilities are more innate and natural.
I think with Bran becoming a berserker must have blocked some of his abilities and I doubt he would want to try to develop or regain them because he hates witches and I dont blame him especially his experiences with them. But perhaps one day he might be able to receive as well as send thoughts.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

alan

« Reply #407 on: May 28, 2009, 10:58:00 am »
But perhaps one day he might be able to receive as well as send thoughts.

I thought Charles said that he thought his dad could but just never said or showed that he could to keep people unaware of his real amount of power?

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #408 on: May 28, 2009, 11:06:51 am »
But perhaps one day he might be able to receive as well as send thoughts.

I thought Charles said that he thought his dad could but just never said or showed that he could to keep people unaware of his real amount of power?

Charles states that he believes this to be true but he does not know it for a fact.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

alan

« Reply #409 on: May 28, 2009, 11:13:33 am »
Ahhh, thank you.  I thought i was losing it for a second there...again... ::)

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #410 on: May 28, 2009, 11:50:23 am »
I was wondering if Bran inherited more than just telepathy from his mother. I mean she was a witch and he was her son, or did she take away his powers. I thought I read something like that. But I'm not sure, and can the reason Charles have magical abilities be that he inherited from both sides of his family?

I think with Charles there is the possibility of him developing those abilities but its more about the direction of the magic. Charles never really trained as a witch and his abilities are more innate and natural.
I think with Bran becoming a berserker must have blocked some of his abilities and I doubt he would want to try to develop or regain them because he hates witches and I dont blame him especially his experiences with them. But perhaps one day he might be able to receive as well as send thoughts.

Yes but doesn't some witches magic comes naturally to them I mean it all depends on if your a white white or a Black witch and what about Wiccas I hope I'm saying it right! But I know Wiccas are spiritual and deal with the spirits,nature, and gods. So could have Charles mother been a Wicca. Sorry but I'm just ranting trying to grasp the concept of it all. Oh and I think Bran gave Charles to choice to study to become a witch or not. And I don't think Bran has a problem with all witches just Black witches because they deal with the death and destrution of other beings in order to cast their spells.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:57:51 am by Omega 303 »

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #411 on: May 28, 2009, 11:58:18 am »
Doesn't this mean that Samuel is almost as  old as Bran?

Yes. 

Omega, I don't see how Charles's mother could have been Wicca.  That's more of a European tradition, not a Native American one. 

In Cry Wolf, it was said that Charles could probably have been a witch if he wanted to learn it. 
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #412 on: May 28, 2009, 12:02:43 pm »
Yep Charles's mother was a native Indian but she did have magic but from what I understood that native magic is more natural and innate. 
With Witch magic its control of the body and over things but white witches arent as powerful because they dont sacrifice or go dark to gain power or strengthen their spells. I think Elizaveta is borderline if not dark because she had to leave town when the demon arrived.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #413 on: May 28, 2009, 12:04:53 pm »
Aaaand, we're off track. This thread is a discussion about Samuel's mother not Charles, his magic, his mother or witches. Any or all of those would make interesting threads of their own however. :)

charmed, books mod
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #414 on: May 28, 2009, 12:07:38 pm »
Ok thanks I really didn't know the orgin of Wiccas.

Wind

• Tool Wrangler
  • The Wolf is my brother and son
Re: The difference between Charles and Samuel
« Reply #415 on: May 29, 2009, 04:35:51 pm »
I think one of the differences is in their ages. Something I'd had to deal with. Sam is, if I remember CW right, something like 800 years older than Charles. While Charles had his Salish family to help raise him and to help deal with Brother Wolf, Sam and Bran didn't. That in itself with cause very, very different personalities, even if Sam was grown when he was turned.

I think Sam's personality wouldn't allow for him to be used as a enforcer, while Charles' more, at least appearing to be, closed off personality suits that type of usage more. Both charecters are two parts of the same whole, well as I see them.

Both brothers love each other feircely and would do anything for each other, or Bran.

Just my two cents.  ;)

Wind
The wolf's song sings through me.

The Deposed King

Re: Bran and Leah
« Reply #416 on: May 31, 2009, 09:47:00 am »

No one in their right mind would be able to hurt an Omega. Their more likely to hurt a Submissive than an Omega. With the Omega's calming effect It would calm them down. From my understanding only a mad wolf one who can not control himself will attack and Omega, human or not. And the other way is from orders of the Alpha being not able to resist and Alpha's orders. That's how everything went down in Leo's pack. So no I don't think Leah would hurt Anna unless she's crazy, which she is not. We all know Anna's Omega abilities effect Leah too.

I'm not sure.  I remember that an Omega suppresses or more accurately calms the wolf.  So that the human side comes forth even when the were side would naturally start creeping in.  And even as a straight human Omega's (before they are turned) are a calming influence.  And while this would preclude normal people from abusing and torturing such an individual, and when I say normal people I include normal were's when speaking about an Omega.

However her calming Omega abilities don't supernatually cause were's in her presence to leap to her defense when being abused.  So I have to think that while normal people and thus normal were's wouldn't torture or allow someone to be tortured, a normal person with a busybody, even a very likable busybody and even I'd say supernaturally likable busybody, is still a potential hazard to the busybody if the interfering person messes or seems to make worse a tottering romantic relationship.

I guess what I mean to say is that a normal person might hit another normal person who's been interfering with their husband.  Even if they knew better.  And Leah's been shown to be blind or deliberately myoptic in certain areas.  I'd say torture is right out.  But a physical confrontation with Leah deliberately psyching herself about the situation and future anna's potentially prying ways, is possible.

The Deposed King

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #417 on: June 01, 2009, 02:17:24 am »
I don't know I would have to think on that one, as I recall though Asil and Leah both were in human form when she effected them. I mean she help Asil in the church and she compelled Leah to talk when Leah Tried to intimidate her. And look at Kara her friend she was drawn to Anna and become very protective of her. So I think it goes both way, but I do understand the way you are putting things.

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #418 on: June 01, 2009, 04:03:02 am »
The major thing everyone is forgetting, is Leah would have to take Charles out first. He is the most dangerous wolf there is in the pack next to his father. Brother Wold would never allow any harm to come to his mate and the Spirits would warn Charles ahead of time. As long as Anna doesn't enrage Leah, she is safe. The Marrok would never allow Anna to be harm and neither would Charles. 

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #419 on: June 01, 2009, 04:41:04 am »
We're wandering off topic people. The topic is BRAN and Leah, not Anna and Leah.