Author Topic: Cornick family, born, married, & adopted, a gathering  (Read 184025 times)

The Deposed King

Re: The difference between Charles and Samuel
« Reply #390 on: May 26, 2009, 10:41:32 am »
I think Sam will find someone when he's finally hit bottom..but that's just me.

Wrong thread alan, this one is about teh differences between Sam and Charles, not Sam's love life. :)

Ah but isn't that one the main differences between the two?  Their love lives or lack there of?

The Deposed King

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #391 on: May 26, 2009, 01:19:25 pm »
were Sam's wife and kids dead before he was turned? If so, then being turned would have ended his 'human' life. if not, he would have to try and mix them.
How long was he his grandmother's pet?

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #392 on: May 26, 2009, 01:57:41 pm »
Deposed King - not really.  Sam may not have a love life right this minute, but he's had wives and lovers, at least one fairly recently. 

Avarel - we don't know.  It's an interesting question, isn't it?  Would he have been able to try and mix them, if he were a slave/pet?  And, as you say, how long was he a pet?  I find all this Bran and Samuel back story really fascinating.
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #393 on: May 26, 2009, 02:39:29 pm »
the back story is part of why we keep reading... then theres the cool world... and the characters... and- well there are lot's of resons.

anyway, one of the major differences between Sam and Charles is Sam had a human life before he became a wolf. Charles never did. Sam had a crazy grandmother. Charles had a NA chief as a grandfather.

Did Sam have siblings, or is he Bran's only child as a Human? Is Charles his only brother, or did he have younger or even older brothers?

Sisters?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #394 on: May 26, 2009, 03:34:46 pm »
My theory is that Bran's mother turn Bran and then got him to turn or kill his entire family. Perhaps she needed blood sacrifice to feed whatever spell she needed so she could link up and enslaving Bran. Mariposa needed to do the same for Asil and his mate for it to work as well - the close bond with family/affection is the main tie and link.

-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

The Deposed King

Speculation on the Cornick Werewolves and their Changes
« Reply #395 on: May 26, 2009, 08:29:57 pm »
My theory is that Bran's mother turn Bran and then got him to turn or kill his entire family. Perhaps she needed blood sacrifice to feed whatever spell she needed so she could link up and enslaving Bran. Mariposa needed to do the same for Asil and his mate for it to work as well - the close bond with family/affection is the main tie and link.

Bran's mom didn't even need to be a were herself.  If she was a witch, controlling a rogue were-wolf and then having it turn her son... perhaps eating the wife at the same time?

Anyway at that point she would have a were she could more fully control due to the blood they shared.

The Deposed King

ETA: Discussion moved from the Charles Vs Samuel thread to expand on the discussion. Edited for Subject change. Elle.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 09:28:51 pm by Elle »

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #396 on: May 26, 2009, 08:38:41 pm »
According to the story Charles commented about in Cry wolf. Bran's mother pet turned him and Samuel into were-wolves. Bran himself would had turned out to be a witch if she hadn't done that to him. That is why there is a law among the witches about making a Were-Wolf a familiar. He also knew what type of spell the witch had used to turn Asil's dead mate into a guardian. Bran's killed and ate his mother. It took Samuel several years to heal Bran back to normal.

Where Anna is an Omega, it took her less time to turn him back.   

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #397 on: May 27, 2009, 04:39:48 am »
Bran himself would had turned out to be a witch if she hadn't done that to him. That is why there is a law among the witches about making a Were-Wolf a familiar.

The law wasn't because Bran himself would have been a witch if his mother hadn't had him Changed.  The law was because of what Bran did as a result of the captivity.  It was realized that it was way too dangerous to make a werewolf into a witch's pet. 
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

alan

Re: Samuels Mom, Bran's First Wife (?) Possible Cry Wolf *SPOILER*
« Reply #398 on: May 27, 2009, 12:10:13 pm »
Or is she really died...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #399 on: May 27, 2009, 12:16:22 pm »
I think shes dead it was implied Bran's family was killed with the exception of Sam.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

alan

« Reply #400 on: May 27, 2009, 12:19:33 pm »
By his mother right with witch power?  But could a twist be that she survived and Bran and everyone else thought she was dead because of the mother's witch powers?  Or im i stretching again?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #401 on: May 27, 2009, 12:25:16 pm »
Sam said in Cry Wolf that Bran ate his mother. Remember the Berserker in him didnt leave many survivors if any :P

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #402 on: May 27, 2009, 07:53:26 pm »
By his mother right with witch power?  But could a twist be that she survived and Bran and everyone else thought she was dead because of the mother's witch powers?  Or im i stretching again?
Well, unless she was also turned to were, she'd be long dead now anyway.  Or unless she's some sort of fae, and there's no sign of that.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #403 on: May 28, 2009, 09:23:18 am »
I was wondering if Bran inherited more than just telepathy from his mother. I mean she was a witch and he was her son, or did she take away his powers. I thought I read something like that. But I'm not sure, and can the reason Charles have magical abilities be that he inherited from both sides of his family?

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
Re: Bran and Leah
« Reply #404 on: May 28, 2009, 09:40:31 am »

No one in their right mind would be able to hurt an Omega. Their more likely to hurt a Submissive than an Omega. With the Omega's calming effect It would calm them down. From my understanding only a mad wolf one who can not control himself will attack and Omega, human or not. And the other way is from orders of the Alpha being not able to resist and Alpha's orders. That's how everything went down in Leo's pack. So no I don't think Leah would hurt Anna unless she's crazy, which she is not. We all know Anna's Omega abilities effect Leah too.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:43:31 am by Omega 303 »