Author Topic: Cornick family, born, married, & adopted, a gathering  (Read 184037 times)

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
Re: Mercy and Anna
« Reply #375 on: April 20, 2009, 08:59:19 am »
The reason Mr.Black went to Mercy was because his daughter was getting stonger and it was hard for him to keep her chained up. She had already broken free one time and he was afraid that she would get free. So he got in touch with the wolf that had saved Kara and the wolf told him that the local alpha was a poor choice. And when the wolf found out Mr.Black was in Portland, he gave him Adam's and Mercy's name. So he went to Mercy to really find out what kind of alpha Adam was and how he treated the members of is pack especially the umated females. And I think the fact that Adam had a daughter himself give him some ideal of how is daughter would be treated since she was so young.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Mercy and Anna
« Reply #376 on: April 20, 2009, 06:10:50 pm »
Drifting off topic, gang.

Mercy may never meet Kara the too young; Anna may.  MAY.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

BigMama

• Grease Monkey
Re: Samuels Mom, Bran's First Wife (?) Possible Cry Wolf *SPOILER*
« Reply #377 on: May 25, 2009, 07:40:39 pm »
Do we also assume that Bran's mother must have killed his first wife? Do we know how she died?
Words in the heart cannot be taken. Dorfl

BigMama

• Grease Monkey
Re: The difference between Charles and Samuel
« Reply #378 on: May 25, 2009, 08:00:24 pm »
Both were apparently raised by Bran as a single parent, however. I think that Charles unusual birth separated him from the rest of the pack and placed him in a position in which he always felt outside, even as the son of the Marok. His power and magic made him feared in a way that Samuel never dealt with.  Samuel seems to have been in many ways the "golden haired child" of the pack. Held in esteem for his profession, but not really understood all that well by those he lived with--even his father.  Bran obviously loves both his sons, but it seems to me he admires Charles strength and uses him in ways he would never use Samuel. By doing so, he has made Charles even more outside the pack and alone. Samuel seems more self absorbed to me--less determined than Charles to do what must be done without thought to his own desires.  IMO, Charles has truly earned Anna by his lonely and selfless service to the pack and the Marok. I like Samuel, but he seems to me to be worried to much about his own needs and agenda.

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #379 on: May 25, 2009, 08:08:40 pm »
Do we know that Samuel was raised by Bran as a single parent? Wasn't he married before he was changed?

BigMama

• Grease Monkey
Re: Bran and Leah
« Reply #380 on: May 25, 2009, 08:08:55 pm »
If Leah does try to harm Anna, won't it also harm Charles through the mate bond? I can't see Bran allowing Leah to seriously do harm to either Anna or Charles.  She can try to undermine Anna with the pack, but I doubt Leah can do any real harm without serious repercussions with the Marok. I wonder if Bran can remove Leah's ability to access his power. If she did not have the power of the Marok, she could not hold her position in the pack.

BigMama

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #381 on: May 25, 2009, 08:11:42 pm »
Do we know how old Samuel was when he and Bran were changed by Bran's mother? I had assumed that Samuel was still rather young and at home because of the fact that he was with his father when the mother had them both changed, but I don't know. Surely, his wife had already died by then--we have no mention of her being changed or under the control of the mother.

BigMama

• Grease Monkey
Re: Leah vs. Mercy
« Reply #382 on: May 25, 2009, 08:22:16 pm »
I could, however, see Bran requesting that Adam bring Mercy. That would certainly put the cat among the pigeons, as they say!  ;)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #383 on: May 25, 2009, 08:45:14 pm »
I hate to say this, but in the time period Samuel was growing up in death rates were very high. There is a good chance his mother did die.

opramum

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #384 on: May 25, 2009, 09:11:37 pm »
Sam is under stress that few other wolves let themselves face.  He is a healer, and as such, is always at war between his healer doctor and the wolf.  Charles has always been a wolf.  He does what he has to, knows his job.  And, until Anna, let little get in the way.  According to Patty, the next Mercy book is much about Sam.  Don't know what will happen though, except that he has to come to deal with this paradox.
Esteemed member of the SOOGA

ladylynx

• Mechanic
Re: Leah vs. Mercy
« Reply #385 on: May 25, 2009, 09:12:53 pm »
There's something that the rest of the pack doesn't know about Mercy. That only a few chosen members know about her. Mercy is consider by Bran as his adopted daughter. The rest of the pack doesn't know this fact. This was pointed out in Bone Cross when Samuel and Bran was sitting in Mercy's room. Bran considers Mercy part of his family. Not just pack wise, but father and daughter wise.

As for Leah, I do feel sorry for her, but in time I think love will sneak into their relationship. It sorted of showed in Cry wolf when Bran came back and saw her curled up on his side of the bed in his room.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #386 on: May 26, 2009, 06:14:35 am »
There's nothing we've been told so far about Samuel's childhood.  We don't know that he was raised by Bran alone.  We do know that he married and had children before he was Changed, so he wouldn't have been "young and at home" in the sense of being a dependent child when he and his father were Changed.  However, as we're talking more than a thousand years ago, people didn't usually leave the nest in the same way people do nowadays.  Samuel might have been living in the same house or farm or whatever even though he was married and a father himself. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think we even have been told for certain that Samuel and his father were Changed at the same time.  Only that they were both kept as Bran's mother's pets.
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #387 on: May 26, 2009, 06:56:33 am »
I wonder if one of the two was turned first, and it looked like he wouldn't survive, and the witch had the other turned as her back up.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #388 on: May 26, 2009, 09:13:34 am »
I like that thought.
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

The Deposed King

Re: Bran and Leah
« Reply #389 on: May 26, 2009, 10:18:43 am »
If Leah does try to harm Anna, won't it also harm Charles through the mate bond? I can't see Bran allowing Leah to seriously do harm to either Anna or Charles.  She can try to undermine Anna with the pack, but I doubt Leah can do any real harm without serious repercussions with the Marok. I wonder if Bran can remove Leah's ability to access his power. If she did not have the power of the Marok, she could not hold her position in the pack.

If Leah attempts to harm the Omega.  The singular werewolf in whose presence your excuse of raging out of control instincts does not fly.  I very much fear Leah would be sinking her own boat.  Not only with the Marock but with the rest of her pack as well.

No its more likely if Leah does harm Anna it will be because Anna's been sticking her big old Omega nose into Leah's damaged relationship. In which case Anna might not be willing to admit who hit her.  Because she still trying to help Leah.

The Deposed King