Author Topic: Sylvia & ___?  (Read 4034 times)

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
Sylvia & ___?
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:54:03 am »
This can be a complicated subject! It's been getting chatted about in several other threads which has dragged things there off topic, so I thought I'd start a separate thread here.  I did it in the Relationship side, because there are so many relationships to choose from, and not much has to do with JUST Sylvia!  Elle mentioned that not much if anything is likely to be truly resolved in River Marked, and I agree, though things could get nudged there a little bit at least since Patty often mentions a little here and there about the supporting actors in her various plots... who knows?  But it's sure fun to discuss!

First, we have Sylvia & Gabriel, and since he's currently staying in Adam's basement... probably working for Mercy again, and probably still sending money to his mom to help out... he's a good boy that way, well on his way to being a very good and responsible man as well.  What's Sylvia going to have to say about that?  She needs the money for Gabriel's little sisters, she may hate it.  Will she throw it back in his face?  How far will she go to keep her mad on?  Will she have him back home even if he stays working for Mercy?

Then, we have Sylvia & Mercy.  ... more complicated!  Longer to resolve I think, not till another book or two at least.  What do you think?

What of Sylvia & Samuel/Sam?  ...Will Samuel care?  Will he try to mend fences?  Show up in person at her door?  Run into her at the Hospital?  Show up at her door wagging his tail?   :-\

How about, Sylvia & Adam?  and the existence of the Were's at all actually... she's got no reason to have anything to do with them quite possibly, but then again....

And then of course... and possibly darn interesting...

Sylvia & Tony.  What's in store for them?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:10:48 am by DandelionWine »
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
Re: Sylvia & ___?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 12:05:59 pm »
Sylvia & Gabriel, and since he's currently staying in Adam's basement... probably working for Mercy again, and probably still sending money to his mom to help out... he's a good boy that way, well on his way to being a very good and responsible man as well.  What's Sylvia going to have to say about that?  She needs the money for Gabriel's little sisters, she may hate it.  Will she throw it back in his face?  How far will she go to keep her mad on?  Will she have him back home even if he stays working for Mercy?

She’s stubborn and proud and when put together there not exactly the best traits. And at this point (or until she’s cooled down) I can’t really see her accepting Gabriel’s money either. Not when she knows where it’s coming from. But would she cut off her nose to spite her face? Considering how much she needs it?

I think the accepting Gabriel back home is a none issue. She did say that while he’s at her house he has to follow her rules, so in that sense he’s free. Though it depends on how long Mercy and Adam want to keep him, which would be indefinitely until he goes to college/university.

Sylvia & Mercy.  ... more complicated!  Longer to resolve I think, not till another book or two at least.  What do you think?

It will definitely take time to resolve, it’s not something that can be brushed under the rug. Mercy potentially puts them in danger. And would Mercy be happy with a relationship between herself and Sylvia and her daughters? Considering those risks?

But on the flip side being connected to the werewolves would give Sylvia and her family a degree of protection. That and I think she’d appreciate more information before getting involved again in Mercy’s life. Forewarned is forearmed.

Sylvia & Samuel/Sam?  ...Will Samuel care?  Will he try to mend fences?  Show up in person at her door?  Run into her at the Hospital?  Show up at her door wagging his tail?   :-\

She’s not aware of what Samuel is (unless she’s guessed). And I can’t see it happening, though it depends on whether she patches up her relationship with Mercy.

Sylvia & Adam?  and the existence of the Were's at all actually... she's got no reason to have anything to do with them quite possibly, but then again....

Again it depends on her relationship with Mercy. She doesn’t have to get involved with Adam unless it’s from a security point of view. And you don’t really have to communicate with anyone to have werewolf surveillance checking on her house, which might already possibly be the case since Marsilia’s insinuations in BC.

Sylvia & Tony.  What's in store for them?

I have no idea. We like happy endings, but it might take a while to resolve. And I’d like more information on Sylvia and her husband, like how did he die? When? Perhaps it’s too soon for her to consider another romantic relationship.

mellinatre

• Tinker
Re: Sylvia & ___?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 03:33:25 am »
Sylvia is a very good mother....stubborn sure but her relationship with Gabriel will be ok again in the long run

About her relationship with the pack (Mercy included) I have always been of the opinion that it will come the time when she will be forced to ask for their help...a full of irony situation don't you think? like she doesn't like the idea that one of her children will be put into a dangerous situation with preternatural creatures and so she make her daughters stay away from Mercy and the wolves but the real problem would come from another unexpected place...and to save her family she will need to ask for Mercy & company help

but maybe after book number 7 they are already all right...not sure

and Tony need to men's up and ask her on a date again, like right now