Author Topic: [Mercy #2] Blood Bound Discussion  (Read 36477 times)

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
Re: Blood Bound
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 09:19:51 am »
i have the smutty one - its actually my friend's book and i am getting it myself soon so i'll look for the less cleavage one and put up pics
i would put the internet lingo up in the language section or chat

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
Daniel's Ghost
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 06:30:35 am »
Hi! I'm not sure if this question has been asked or not so I thought I would ask it here first. I've been looking around but could not find anything. If vampires are actually dead, why does Daniel have a ghost after Ben eats him?
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

MadMcAl

• Grease Monkey
Re: Daniel's Ghost
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 07:05:35 am »
And who says that vampires are actually dead?
And even if, who says that they lose their soul, what makes a ghost up?

I think that vampires neither alive nor dead, but in between, forever frozen in the act of dying.
And when they are killed at least they will complete that act, finally freeing the soul, for it to move on, or stay behind as a ghost.
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2008, 07:25:35 am »
A possibility, MadMacAl, but Stephan specifically says, when he asks to stay at Mercy's that "I'll be dead, I don't need pillow or blankets."
So Artangel's question is a good one.  Unless the soul remains trapped in the body that's technically dead, since it's still animated in some fashion.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 07:54:27 am »
Hmmm. If the soul's trapped in the body then shouldn't the ghost still show the soul's last memory? That would Andre feeding on Daniel as a human. And I always assumed a vampire's body was animated by magic. Unless of course the soul is "watching" what this foreign magic is doing with it's former body, and can still be affected by what the vampire does or suffers.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 11:37:46 am »
I think in Blood Bound- Mercy says that the ghosts that she sees are just a remnant of their true selves like Mrs Hanna who will soon fade away after awhile. And then there is ghosts that are not aware of their surroundings but just rehash moments before their deaths, they are more like a recording. But I dont know whether these ghosts have anything similar with Daniel's ghost.

-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

raion

• Grease Monkey
  • Everybody laughs in the same language ; )
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 10:03:33 am »
Well I think that the vampires keep at least part of their soul. Stephan said that he would be dead when he´s asleep. So I think it has more to do with the way they pass. It is unquestionable that Daniel died in a very painful way, so I think that the shock hindered Daniel´s soul form completely passing.

BadWolf

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Blood Bound Discussion
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 02:59:05 am »
Ok, on about chapter 6 atm and just read about what happened in Texas. Now I've always been in the Adam camp (he has less angst) but I do feel bad for Sam. He wants to be a father but just can't get a break.

I in no way agree with what he did to Mercy, but I do think he needs to just have something good happen to him.

And in the UK we are devoid of the smutty or even non smutty cover. But they have a US cover BB in Borders near where I live so now I find it to be my solemn duty to investigate the smut level of it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 03:08:02 am by BadWolf »
Heroes are made when you make a choice.

wolverine

• Mechanic
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2008, 11:17:41 am »
i just finished bb.  jeez, Im such a hoochie cause I cant pick at this poiint.  One minute Im leaning towards Sam...then Adam...then uh, Stefan  the whole calling merce to his cage....biting her finger while murmuring words of love in her ear......just put a freaking stake in me cause im just done.....i cant stand the tension withh all of them.  ack 

and i aplogize for my typing  i put on other threads thhat my keyboard is ******  up damn laptops    im trying to fix it but im technically challenged.

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
  • To live is to dance, to dance is to live.
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2008, 11:20:52 am »
You could end your anguish by reading Iron Kissed, of course...  ;) I'm sure you'll be satisfied with how it ends, romance-wise...
Check out my aspiring-writer's blog: http://mylinesmylife.blogspot.com/

wolverine

• Mechanic
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2008, 04:57:23 pm »
just started iron kissed.......heehee

wolverine

• Mechanic
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 07:24:30 pm »
snoopy.  i finished.  im in love.  i wont tell you with whom.  lol

SisterWolf8807

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 07:47:10 pm »
I really liked this book. lol I really like Stefan though!  :-LOVE

dixiehellcat

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2010, 04:19:49 pm »
Newbie question--just finished Blood Bound & loved it, but am I the only one who thought maybe, since Littleton's ability to alter memories was brought up at the start, we might find out ere the end that he only made Ben THINK he ate Daniel? Or was there some tell I missed regarding that?
Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2010, 04:22:15 pm »
Mercy seeing Daniel's ghost was the tell for me.