Author Topic: [Mercy #2] Blood Bound Discussion  (Read 35705 times)

Nifty

• Mechanic
[Mercy #2] Blood Bound Discussion
« on: July 20, 2007, 10:21:43 am »
I have a question about something that happened in Blood Bound.  Maybe Patty addressed this in one of the chats.

Are we going to see more of Kara, the young girl who was turned into a werewolf.  She was supposed to come to Adam, but because of the demon, she didn't.  I seem to recall that she went to Bran instead.  Are we goign to hear more about her? 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:28:26 pm by Elle »
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Mandy

Re: Blood Bound
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 09:02:43 pm »
I found this in the first chat:
jwestberg-Will we ever hear more about John Beckworth's daughter Kara? Is Bran looking out for her?
Patty-Yes. There will be more about Kara -- and Bran is looking out for her.

I knew I read it somewhere!!!

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 02:30:45 am »
Oh, thanks, Mandy...  That's super!

I think she's intriguing, especially in light of the fact that the transition from human to were can be so hard...and that not everyone makes it.  Yet this 13-year-old kid made it, so she must be something special.

I could see her appearing in Patty's Charles and Anna series, especially, for some reason.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

deelite23

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 05:44:58 am »
If Kara ever did join Adam's pack, she'd be an instant best friend to Adam's daughter too.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 02:06:34 pm »
Absolutely! I'm glad someone found that out. I just finished rereading Blood Bound and I kept wondering about her the entire time.
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 09:27:04 am »
For some reason, this just got me wondering what life is going to be like for the rest of her family now.  Anna hasn't any, but Kara's got involved parents who have already had several devestating months & now have to send their beloved child away. 
It could just as easily have been boarding school or juvie prison, of course, but it isn't.
This is an even more profound change than if she'd become a parapalegic, gotten AIDS, or was declared the reincarnation of a holy man/woman. 
And this family KNOWS that not all werewolves are benign, not just because of the rogue who attacked their daughter, but because of the fact that they have to send Kara so far away to find an alpha who won't mistreat her.
And he's a reporter.

Oh, there are possibilities here.  (Slow evil grin.)
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 02:18:29 pm »
Patti, you left off the evil laugh.
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 07:35:44 pm »
Patti, you left off the evil laugh.
I'm hoarding it for now.  Will a sinister snicker do?  ;D
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

rolange

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 07:55:08 am »
I find the character has possibilities. I'm also glad that Bran is looking out for her. I just get all goose-pimply at the thought. Sigh.  :-[

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 01:27:45 pm »
Trivia for forum readers.  Blood Bound's second printing is being released, with a very slightly different cover.  The original cover featured a close-up of Mercy's breasts on the spine.  Titillating, but a bit risque, so Patty asked her editor if it could be toned down a little.  The new cover features a slightly different cropping, which shows more of her neck and the bat tattoo.  Her editor's comment was "Blood Bound -- now with less cleavage!".   So, if you can see two bra-cups you have the original smutty version, but if you only see one bra-cup, you have the "new and improved" cover.  ;D
Where's my super-suit?

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 07:14:01 pm »
"Blood Bound -- now with less cleavage!". 

This made me laugh. Heh. I probably never even would have noticed the difference...but now, the next time in the book store I'll compare. :D
Hurog Means Dragon.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 07:11:24 pm »
ha!  :D :D

Well, in twenty years or so when these books are worth a fortune, mine will be worth more because I have the original Busty Blood Bound.  ;)

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 09:37:15 am »
i love this book sooo much and i can't wait for ik

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

justcourt

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 07:37:50 pm »
I reread BB today and noticed I have the 'smutty' version and was rather excited. ^^

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 07:38:59 pm »
smutty?

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.