Author Topic: [A&O #0.5] On The Prowl | Alpha & Omega Discussion  (Read 108342 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: On The Prowl | Alpha & Omega Discussion
« Reply #210 on: September 25, 2011, 06:49:22 pm »
I just grabbed my copy of "On the Prowl" to check my memory of the quote used in the Hangman game, and came across this:
Pg. 8, A&O/OtP
Bran~ "--I would normally have contacted the nearest pack.  However, if Leo is murdering people, I don't see how the other Chicago Alpha wouldn't be aware of it.  Since Jamie hasn't contacted me, I have to assume that both Alphas are involved to one degree or another."

So... what kind of follow up do you suppose there has been to that?  Was it determined that Jamie had been driven away by Leo in his efforts to protect his mate?  Why didn't he contact Bran?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2011, 03:05:23 pm »
I'm thinking that Jamie just separated himself from any contact with Leo's pack after Isabelle tried to seduce him. No involvement just disgusted and didn't want any of his pack put through that.

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2011, 07:35:19 am »
Just did a reread of this the other day. This is definitely one of my favorite novellas. Not having gone into this cold I don't have that perspective of a reader who hadn't read any of the Mercy Thompson books prior to accessing it. I've always been curious of the thoughts of the new reader about this story.

I love it...but maybe I love it because I knew who Charles and Bran were and I was familiar with Patty's werewolf world.

I enjoy the part where Charles and his wolf are giving Justin a taste of what it's like to be prey. Great scene.
Hurog Means Dragon.

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2011, 12:31:40 pm »
This was my first Patty book and I was pulled right into the world she created.  I think I read it, the other to A&O books and then charged through the Mercy books within a couple month period.  I think my favorite scene in this one (although there are quite a few) was when Charles was shot and changed to his wolf and Anna is on the phone with Bran explaining why Charles isn't out of control due to his usual reaction to silver.

"Um.  Charles thinks that his wolf has chosen me as a mate."

"In less than one full day?"  It did sound dumb when he said it that way.

"Charles also said I was an Omega wolf," she told his father.  "That might have something to do with it as well."

Silence lengthened and she began to think that the cell phone might have dropped the connection.  Then the Marrok laughed softly.  "Oh, his brother is going to tease him unmercifully about this."

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2011, 05:11:49 pm »
That's really interesting!

I wondered if felt like you were jumping in the middle of s story. I love that it had such great flow. That scene with Anna and Bran on the phone is fantastic.  :-LOVE
Hurog Means Dragon.

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2011, 04:59:18 am »
It did take me a while to warm up to Adam just because Samuel made such a big impression on me in Cry Wolf (even though it was a short appearance) - actually I it wasn't until Iron Kissed (especially the scene where Ben is talking to him after the rape) that I really got to like him a lot. 

But as to feeling like I was jumping in at the middle, not really.  To me, Patty does a wonderful job of making A&O stand alone but lets the new readers learn the critical stuff about the were world she creates.  That made the events of Moon Called sort of prequel-ish more than anything else.

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
Re: [A&O #0.5] On The Prowl | Alpha & Omega Discussion
« Reply #216 on: January 20, 2013, 04:02:27 am »
Alpha and Omega is coming out as an audible book in early Feb.  I just pre-ordered it from Audible.com.