Author Topic: [A&O #0.5] On The Prowl | Alpha & Omega Discussion  (Read 111389 times)

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
Re: Alpha and Omega Novella Discussion
« Reply #195 on: June 10, 2008, 08:14:03 am »
I can imagine Charles and Anna being more comfortable hunting together than going to a movie together. They don't even know what type of movies or music the other would like.

I am not sure I can imagine Charles in a cinema where there would be a) lots of people, b)the constant smell of popcorn and various other things, but most importantly I can't imagine Charles in a place where he wouldn't be able to defend himself and Anna.... Though with Anna.... eh, the Omega effect has a lot yet to do.... he might even make it....

Though if I remember well when Charles was a wolf, after he was shot she was reacting more like his mate than she wanted to admit... it might have been the wolf instinct... it might not.... In the end though I thought she was afraid they would leave her in Chicago. (That Bran would leave her behind....)

Tanis143

• Grease Monkey
    • My webspace
« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2008, 06:26:03 pm »
From the excerpt I can see that Anna has a lot of wounds to heal, or at least come to terms with. Notice that with Charles gone she's back to her meek self. I think thats because her wolf side did not like the fact that she was accepting what was being done to her. Only when her wolf side met her mate did the wolf side come out. Now that Charles is away recuperating her wolf side is giving back over to her human side. This is also evident when they first met and Justin showed up at the apartment. Notice how she started to fight back? How often has that happened?

One thing I can see her working on is trusting her wolf side more even when she is not next to Charles. I could easily see her becoming a strong willed being, both human and wolf side.

GAW! I want July to get here so I can get the book!
Um, I guess this is my sig.......

Driver

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2008, 12:06:06 pm »
Regarding early coment about Charles going nuts Anna is a  Omega which stops other wolves from going mad and as they are now together ;) this will never happen.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2008, 12:18:27 pm »
Never say never:  what if the same thing happens to Charles that happened to Asil?  Or what happened to Mercy in Iron Kissed?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Driver

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2008, 12:36:06 pm »
Point but unlikely. that is unless somthing happens to Anna what would happen then? and if she was still alive would she be abale to bring him back to sanitey.

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2008, 10:21:11 pm »
Never say never:  what if the same thing happens to Charles that happened to Asil?  Or what happened to Mercy in Iron Kissed?

sure, never say never... but. Asil got like that after Sarai died by torture. Anna has already been through a lot. Having her going through anything like that again would probably be too excessive....

And, I don't see Charles leaving her so unprotected. it would be off character for him. the worst case scenario I can think of is something happening to Charles and Anna not being able to cope... but I try to be optimistic... they still have quite a few issues to work on it wouldn't do to have them tortured even more....

Katie

• Tool Wrangler
  • All for one and one for all - in life and family
« Reply #201 on: September 30, 2008, 03:10:49 am »
Okay you'll have to forgive me if I have just flood this topic, but it's my first post and I am the first to admit I'm way over eager I promise my next one will be much less.

Charles aging
I think maybe that most werewolves go a bit fruity when they get old cos they are weak in the head to start with, I can not remember which book it was in but someone once wrote that only the incredibly strong of mind and character can survive the affect of the supernatural in them due to the inherent weaknesses in humans, desire for power that corrupts etc, ability / strength required to walk the line between and in both the worlds. Also in the Anne Rice novels the uniqueness of the brad pitt vamp (sorry it has been ages since I read them) was that he was able to change and adapt with the world around him. He was able to embrace each new age that he was confronted with as he aged and thus survive and flourish. So maybe it is related to an inner strength of character not seen or detectable, an adaptability and aptitude for change. Charles while he has a dislike for the commercial world / city life / crush of the modern world has embraced modern convinenance in other areas of life which I think are traits that tend to showing he will age well.

Charles own pack
I was originally going to say that I do not think Charles would ever be interested in starting his own pack, he may take it all over when Bran decides to pass it on, but I just do not think he wants to have to manage all the inner pack politics that an Alpha would have to deal with, at the moment. But thinking about it Anna is going to be doing a lot of healing possibly and very well may start to collect strays so Charles may not get a choice in the matter of dealing more with the everyday pack politics that comes out of who Anna is. Never say never rules.
But there is no better mate for an Omega then Charles as shown in his ability to love Anna out of and through her scars.

Just a side note, dominance alone can not solve all issues, and a dominance run pack is not a happy pack. Alphas have to be more than just dominant to protect the wolves in his pack and hold them together as a interlocking unit.

Okay did I just take the stakes as the worst forum poster in the world - sorry I have so been sucked into this world and I love it! Love it!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #202 on: September 30, 2008, 08:36:28 am »
We've seen, and can probably point you to worse, Katie.  Don't worry about it.

You have some good points.

I'd say, though that any strays that Anna attracts for the foreseeable future will be coming to the Marrock pack, and will be Bran's responsibility.  Anna, and thus Charles, may have to deal with them more than most of the Marrock wolves, because of their need for her help, but it time they should either drift farther from her or simply become friends, closer than most of their packmates.

Well, that's my best guess.

mmartinv

« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2008, 10:52:43 pm »
I am new to the Mercy Thompson universe. In fact I just read the first of the series on Friday of last week and then promptly devoured the entire The Mercy Thompson Series, Cry Wolf, and Alpha and Omega from On the Prowl (I binge read).  I am very anxious to read Bone Crossed and Hunting Ground when they are available.

I can’t wait to see how Anna and Charles evolve as a married couple.

Grandpappy Wycked

• Pack Member
« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2008, 09:05:05 am »
Notice how she started to fight back? How often has that happened?

Quote from: Alpha and Omega
"Knife wounds heal really fast, broken bones last longer and hurt more"
Sanity has Left The Building.
Please Contact Patti L. for further instructions.

jenglows

« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2008, 10:30:35 pm »

sure, never say never... but. Asil got like that after Sarai died by torture. Anna has already been through a lot. Having her going through anything like that again would probably be too excessive....

I think Asil's issue wasn't just the death and torture of his mate but was compounded by the empathy ability link he had with his mate and that the witch used it to torture her and then try and control his behavior through her memory.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2008, 11:58:42 am »
Oh, that's true, all right, GlowInTheDark!  And we don't know what the effects of the mate bond are going to be on these two, other than the already seen - and so far erratic (unless there was only the 1 or 2 chances to use it) ability of Anna t draw on Charles' inherent ability to see magic.  So it probably won't be empathic.

Sofy

• Tinker
  • I'm a lurker.
Re: On The Prowl | Alpha & Omega Discussion
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2011, 11:44:32 am »
not sure it has been posted somewhere on the site, but the French publisher of the weres series will release the novella in a single book.

here's the cover :

First Worshipper of the Goddess Caffeine !!!!

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2011, 12:07:27 pm »
That's an awesome Cover, Sofy. Thank you!

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Sofy

• Tinker
  • I'm a lurker.
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2011, 01:47:37 am »
you're welcome :)

btw, someone mentioned on KA board that it was also the cover for the Subterranean edition :)
First Worshipper of the Goddess Caffeine !!!!