Author Topic: [A&O #0.5] On The Prowl | Alpha & Omega Discussion  (Read 109193 times)

weyrfolk

• Grease Monkey
  • I'd rather be a dragonback
Re: Alpha and Omega Novella Discussion
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2007, 03:46:49 pm »
I finally picked mine up at the barnes and Noble here!!  Yea!!  I loved it!!  It was in a cardboard display here too and now on the shelves where Patty's other books were, or in the new releases.  I found that strange...
I'd rather be a dragonback - Anne McCaffery

errant_angel

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2007, 09:31:58 am »
Got it Friday at B&N.  Woo-HOO!  Fantastic.  The only problem is that we have to wait until August for the first book!   :D

I soooo agree... I just don't know if I can wait that long for more!!

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2007, 11:25:39 am »
Going to get mine today! ;D *Spryte does happy dance*
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

weyrfolk

• Grease Monkey
  • I'd rather be a dragonback
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2007, 04:07:39 pm »
Posts are slow today......more people have found Alpha and Omega and are reading!!!!   I can't wait till January!!!! :D
I'd rather be a dragonback - Anne McCaffery

SweetSensation

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2007, 04:35:46 am »
  I am sooooo efffiinnn mad  >:(  .  The only Waldens in my town does not have Alpha and Omega. They said and I quote " the computer says it SHOULD come in sometime this month." I had my whole game plan worked out . I had a coupon and  was going to get A&O and Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. Buying both books would be the only way I could use the stupid store coupon.  But ohhh nooo the book Gods werent smiling on me yeterday. I went to Wal-mart and looked and looked, no luck.  :'(  So amazon it is, because I just cant wait anymore, not when I know the book is out.
Mom always told me I could be whatever I wanted to be when I grew up, \\\'within reason.\\\' When I asked her what she meant by \\\'within reason,\\\' she said, \\\'You ask a lot of questions for a garbage man.\\\' <br />` Jack Handey `

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2007, 05:19:45 am »
Well looks like they lost your business.  I've been less than happy really with Waldenbooks/Borders since they changed their discount program. 
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Samhain Girl

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2007, 08:12:10 am »
Yahoo, I read the Alpha & Omega story it about 30 minutes flat.  I missed my sons karate practice (on accident) reading the story forgot I had to go.  It was soo good and way to short.  Patricia you are such a tease  ;) :D :) That appetizer had me screaming for more.  I can't believe 2008, I am going to wither away and die waiting for the next book.  I bought the book at Borders (my usual haunt) and I could not find the book were it should have been.  I ask the manager and they had not put the book(s) out yet, they were on some trolley or something.  I got there after work about 4pm pst.  I told the manager I was going to tell the author they did not have her book out yet, its Patricia's book, listed under her name  :)  The manager jokingly pleaded for me not tell, and quickly put the books out on the end display table were all the mixed genre romance releases are placed (at least in that store).  So all, if you haven't already picked up the book, hurry up and go get it!!!!!  The other authors, Sunny & Karen are also good.  I am exicited to try Eileen.  Adios!!

SweetSensation

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2007, 08:22:53 am »
Well looks like they lost your business.  I've been less than happy really with Waldenbooks/Borders since they changed their discount program. 

Yep, they made me soo mad that I didnt even buy Eclipse from them. I bought it at Wal-mart.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:42:00 pm by SweetSensation »
Mom always told me I could be whatever I wanted to be when I grew up, \\\'within reason.\\\' When I asked her what she meant by \\\'within reason,\\\' she said, \\\'You ask a lot of questions for a garbage man.\\\' <br />` Jack Handey `

bingomzan

• Grease Monkey
  • Wolf link is the ultimate werewolf!
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2007, 09:32:31 am »
I bought mine at the richland hastings. I was there for the pokemon TCG league, but looked around and found it. I read it later that night. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!
***BONE CROSSED IS AMAZING!***   ***MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS THE FAE WALKING STICK!!!***

Important Event Log
***Patty's books are ANTIQUES***

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2007, 03:53:52 pm »
I got it. I read it. I LOVED it. And, I think I may have discovered some new favorite authors... I also found some books about a demi-god.... but anywho.... I can't wait until August! I really really really like Charles and Anna.  ;D
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2007, 07:21:42 pm »
I picked mine up yesterday. Absolutely loved it! Really looking forward to more of Charles and Anna.  :)
Hurog Means Dragon.

Coyote

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2007, 10:20:50 pm »
[Does Adam's pack have an omega? Or Bran's?  I don't recall a reference to one, and there may not be.  Certainly Charles' reaction to Anna seemed like true omegas were few and far between.

This is probably actually a Patty question, she gets to make up answers as she goes.  To the best of my knowledge neither Adam nor Bran have an Omega in their packs.  Omegas are very rare -- generally only assertive, even agressive people have enough constitution to survive the transformation to werewolf.

A lady friend of mine has a tattoo that says "All who submit are not weak."

I think that sums up something about Omegas.

It's incredibly tough to be an omega. It's not something anyone could do, any more than it is easy to be a clown, or to have the Heyoka power in Lakota culture. The omega's role in a pack can be very demanding - especially since not all packs are as nice as others. Not all wolfpacks are the same, remember.

As for the human side...
I'm not a submissive person by nature, and so it was very surprising for me to learn that "sub" type human beings are not necessarily weak either. Some of them are among the strongest people I know, and of the highest character.

One does not have to be weak to be submissive.

Assertiveness, dominance, cowardice, aggression, willpower, bravery and shyness are among many traits that a wolf (or human) might have, and those traits don't necessarily imply the presence or absence of other traits, or of character.

Some fragile people are very demanding and controlling, and some tough people prefer supportive roles or to let others hold the dominant position in a relationship, or among a circle of friends.

Just a thought.

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2007, 06:35:50 am »
As for the human side...
I'm not a submissive person by nature, and so it was very surprising for me to learn that "sub" type human beings are not necessarily weak either. Some of them are among the strongest people I know, and of the highest character.
One does not have to be weak to be submissive.

I agree completely.  As an example, there's a man in our church whom I greatly admire who is extremely meek and soft spoken.   He's gentle and incredibly kind to others, even when they don't treat him kindly. In short, he's a sterling example of humanity at it's finest.  Beneath the surface, there's nothing weak about the man at all -- the strength of his convictions and his determination to do the right thing are awesome.  Most people would see him as submissive, even weak.  Nothing could be further from the truth, and personally I'd like to be more like him.

However, in defense of the werewolf thing, MOST folks that I know with this kind of inner strength tend to be fairly spiritual (and I'm not just talking Christian), and most would happily die for their convictions.  They're not afraid of death, and depending on their brand of spiritual training they're either looking for something better or have made their peace with the great nothing.  If they were severely wounded, and faced with coming back as something other than human, I think many of them would just slip over to the other side.  Becoming a werewolf doesn't just require the ability to endure terrible wounds, it requires a huge will to live, to remain HERE, regardless of the consequences.  You don't "recover", you turn into something different, darker, and more violent than you once were.  Remember that even new wolves who survive the transformation are occasionaly unable to cope with the psychological aspects of the change.  Some refuse to accept the wolf aspect, and ultimately end up being killed.  People who've spent their lives seeking spiritual perfection, and particularly those who choose a gentle path, are not likely to accept becoming a werewolf.  It's not about weakness, it about making a choice to remain true to their chosen path.  Does that make any sense?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 06:44:19 am by Mike Briggs »
Where's my super-suit?

Kravbeast

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2007, 07:07:35 am »
Good Morning,

Hello, newby here. I just bought and read On the Prowl - and by far my favorite story is Patricia Briggs. I usually don't join boards, but I had to come in and say that I loved it and now I can't wait for the next book of this new series because I've fallen in love with these two characters. Anna might be an omega, but she's strong when she needs to be, and very protective and loyal to the ones she loves. I hate having to wait for the next story in this series because I did NOT want this story to end. I was also left very curious about the Marrock (not sure if that's spelled right).

I guess I just wanted to come in and say "Thank you, Patty" for such an enjoyable read. I've read it twice already and I just got it.

Fairyfreak

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2007, 09:20:34 am »
Hi Kravbeast!  Have you read Moon Called and Blood Bound yet?  It's set in the same world, so you can see a bit more of the Marrok there if you haven't already.  :D  I have to admit, I'm also looking forward to seeing more of him!!