Author Topic: [A&O #0.5] On The Prowl | Alpha & Omega Discussion  (Read 107768 times)

Nifty

• Mechanic
Re: Alpha and Omega Novella Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 06:02:49 am »
It's getting so close to the release date that I whenever I pop into the bookstore I do a quick check just in case it's out early. I might strike it lucky.

Ha!  I was checking on that myself this past weekend when I was at work at the bookstore.  We've got 19 copies on order.  I want one!   I work again this weekend, so maybe it'll be there.  We'll see.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Shoshana

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 11:19:05 pm »
I found On The Prowl this past Wednesday, so it's out there. (I got it at Wal-Mart, king of the release it early)

I really enjoyed Alpha and Omega except for one thing....

I don't want to wait till next year to read more!!!!

I have the Mercy Thompson books and I'm looking forward to Iron Kissed very much.

'shana

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 06:29:53 am »
Oooh, I was at Borders last night looking for it, so thanks for the heads-up about Wal-Mart.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Fairyfreak

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 07:45:36 am »
Oh poo!  My Wal-mart didn't have it last night when I looked.  *sigh*  Oh well, I'll just wait for amazon to ship it to me.    :'(

SF

• Tool Wrangler
  • Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 12:11:50 pm »
I found On The Prowl this past Wednesday, so it's out there. (I got it at Wal-Mart, king of the release it early)

Did they have several books or was it just one?

I wander what section they will put this book in because i can never really find the same book in the same place lately  ???
"Don't laugh at live dragons" - Bilbo Baggins

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 09:46:26 pm »
Oh...I'll check it out tomorrow.  8) Thanks for the heads-up.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Cole

• Grease Monkey
  • Der Teufel ist ein Eichhörnchen
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2007, 12:04:58 pm »
hmm ill see if it at my walmart

There is no place like /~

Kyra_Athena

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2007, 05:22:20 pm »
I also pre-ordered from Amazon.  I am checking out my local Wal-Mart though.  In the last few months, I have found orders I was waiting to be released there a week or so early.  Just yesterday, I found a book there that wasn't supposed to be released until July 31st.  Needless to say, I bought it and cancelled the pre-order.   

CandyAss

• Mechanic
    • MySpace.com/librasdarkness
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2007, 07:39:00 pm »
Not only have I heard that On the Prowl was out and some people had it, but also Stepine Meyers Eclipse, and Sherrilyn Kenyons Devil May Cry   who knows what else
"You're my density... I mean, my Destiny" - George McFly

Kyra_Athena

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2007, 08:18:07 pm »
I think I saw On the Prowl at Wal-Mart, but I'm not sure.  I definitely saw a book there with a very similar cover. 

CandyAss

• Mechanic
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 02:52:31 am »
I'm going tomorrow to see if my local wal-marts have it

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 10:58:14 am »
OK I am off to wallyworld this afternoon! Thanks for the heads up! I was at B&N yesterday and asked about it but they won't put it on the shelves until the seventh or eighth. *alas*
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 05:19:31 am »
OK I am off to wallyworld this afternoon! Thanks for the heads up! I was at B&N yesterday and asked about it but they won't put it on the shelves until the seventh or eighth. *alas*

This should not be the case.  (Although if you asked and that's what they said, then obviously it is the case at your particular B&N.)  I work at a B&N and checked on On the Prowl last night.  Our copies haven't come in yet.  But since the book doesn't have a Strict-on-Sale date, we're not obligated to hold it until the 7th.  It can go out on the floor as soon as it comes in.

Tuesdays are typically our big release dates, though, so I'm curious if it'll come in today.  I'll have to check tonight and see.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 01:19:52 pm »
Hmmmm.... Well, I'll go back and see. The guy who told me this was new there ( I know everyone, I'm there alot  ;D) so he may have been wrong, or just didn't know that yet. But I did go to Wal-Mart and mine didn't have it. Son i'll stop by B&N again later this week and see what's going on... If it's out at your B&N post so I can run out and check mine. Please!
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

CandyAss

• Mechanic
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2007, 06:43:57 pm »
I went to Books-a-Million and got it!!  As soon as I came home I read A&O  don't worry I'm not putting up any spoilers, but I can't wait to talk about it...  ;D