Author Topic: [A&O #0.5] On The Prowl | Alpha & Omega Discussion  (Read 107907 times)

SF

• Tool Wrangler
  • Lurking in the shadows
Re: Alpha and Omega Novella Discussion
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2007, 09:45:34 am »
It's not about weakness, it about making a choice to remain true to their chosen path.  Does that make any sense?

yea it does make sense. We've seen that a little with doctor in Moon Called
"Don't laugh at live dragons" - Bilbo Baggins

Taphien

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2007, 11:51:24 am »
I just got notice from amazon.de that my order was send off. I hope it will arrive tomorrow, as I'm leaving early on Monday for the whole week :(

Coywolf

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2007, 04:28:43 pm »
Thought I'd throw in my two pennies about Anna and Charles. . .loved the story, and I wished it was longer. I can hardly wait for the next installment of the series. And I just had a weird thought . . . if Mercy can "feel" the power of the domiants in her life, and generally ignore it if she choses to (ie Bran and Adam) I wonder if she can feel the Omega's power too, and if so what it's effect would be on her personality. I can't wait for them to meet each other, should be very interesting.

thehuntress

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2007, 12:13:54 am »
Nearly finished On the Prowl.  Alpha and Omega was brilliant.  Loved Inhuman too.  Reckon I'll probably have to get hold of a little more of Eileen Wilks' stuff.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2007, 05:00:42 am »
Here be...werewolves.

Our first taste of the the Charles and Anna series. Fabulous. Starting this thread so we can discuss it without accidentally spoiling anyone. :D

« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 05:04:57 am by Elle »
Hurog Means Dragon.

Taphien

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2007, 05:54:43 am »
Got it today - read it imidiately - very good - now I want more! :)

Kravbeast

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2007, 06:58:10 am »
Hi Kravbeast!  Have you read Moon Called and Blood Bound yet?  It's set in the same world, so you can see a bit more of the Marrok there if you haven't already.  :D  I have to admit, I'm also looking forward to seeing more of him!! 

Yep, I've read all of Patty's. I'm definitely a fan, in fact, I am not a fan of anthologies, but when I saw that it had Patty's and Karen Chance's I decided to buy it because I knew it was a start of a new series. I'm very glad that I did. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I'm dying to see how this story develops.

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2007, 10:58:07 am »
Loved the story but it was way too short. 

Is it wrong that I wanted all of the wolves in Leo's pack killed for raping Anna?  Though honestly, if it had been me I think I would have used the silver knife and bullet on Justin rather than myself.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2007, 11:09:32 am »
yeah... but if she killed justin (dirty rotten nasty slugslimey boil on the backside of werewolf society) she would have been worse of after that with the rest of the pack (if you could even call it that)
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2007, 11:21:14 am »
I don't think I can make it 'till next August. I really really really liked this story, and I am dying to see, er, read what happens next!
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

deva

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2007, 12:10:26 pm »
I stumbled onto On The Prowl in a local Wal-Mart.  I had been waiting for it to come out, but was elated to find it nearly 2 weeks before it was scheduled to hit shelves.  I wasn't even looking for it, just browsing the books as usual.  Then the cover caught my eye and all I wanted to do was get into the car and read it, good thing my husband was driving. ;)
So, I started it in the car and wanted to stop the shopping trip planned for the day short so I could curl up at home and read it without distractions, but I held out.  I got home and devoured it, maybe a little too quickly.  And, when I got to the last page telling me when next to expect a Charles and Ana story I wanted to cry.  *sigh*  I really should learn to read books slower.  So, instead of savoring it the first time around and before I continued on to the other three stories, I read Alpha and Omega twice more and loved it.  Maybe I will be able to make it to January after all without withering away with wanting for Iron Kissed.

I loved Charles and Ana.  Ana was so strong, overcoming much more than she should have had to.  Though scared she does the right thing and that is admirable.  And Charles was great, strong and sensitive.  Even though the story happened over the span of a day, I felt like so much more time had passed.  Though a short story, I learned so much about them.  I think Patricia Briggs really knows how to draw a character and make you care for them and root for triumph and happiness. 

deva

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2007, 12:18:04 pm »
I think that, because she was passed around to so many of the pack members, it would have been difficult to kill everyone on her own.  I don't think that just killing Justin wouldn't have solved the issues.  If just some slight disobedience sentenced her to punishment at the other wolves will, imagine the punishment for killing the Alpha's second.  Ahh, but I agree with you jenniwee, if I had it my way they would have eliminated everyone who had raped her.
I loved the story, by the way.  It did a bit for me in the way of soothing the want for Iron Kissed.  I read it way to quickly the first time then read it a couple of times more to make sure I didn't miss anything.  Good read.

jenglows

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2007, 03:04:49 pm »
Jeepers I'm having a rotten luck at finding this book.  Should of just ordered it!

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2007, 07:08:20 pm »
What I really liked about this story is that it gave me a better understanding of what it is to have your wolf mate to someone before you fall in love with them. It made me look at the Sam/Mercy pairing in a different way and appreciate it on a different level that I had been doing previously. I'm still Team Adam ;) but I'm more lenient to Sam than I was before.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Serenity

« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2007, 10:55:30 pm »
. It made me look at the Sam/Mercy pairing in a different way and appreciate it on a different level that I had been doing previously. I'm still Team Adam ;) but I'm more lenient to Sam than I was before.

You know, I have to agree with you, All of in fact.  I'm team Adam,  but there is something about that dang Sam.....
I really cant wait to hear more of Charles and Anna, I was so happy to hear SOME of their story.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 10:58:23 pm by Serenity »