Author Topic: [A&O #0.5] On The Prowl | Alpha & Omega Discussion  (Read 111391 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Alpha and Omega Novella Discussion
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2008, 08:27:19 am »
I believe that the 'enforcer' job is almost always delegated to pack second, for anything but leadership issues, so if Charles is Bran's second, yes, it would have to be him.
Hello, Rox_squirrel.  Have you met the Sergeant of Squirrels, & Pyro, the albino squirrel?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2008, 12:23:55 pm »
My impression from A&O was that Charles always tried to keep people at arms length.  I don't think his position is necessarily fair to him, but as we've seen, life in the pack is not always going to be.  I think if he ever developed a real problem with it, Bran would let him off the hook.  But I got the feeling that even beyond the enforcer issue, Charles tried to keep himself from getting hurt by people.  He reacts so strongly when he has to tell the story of his mother, it's as if her death (for many children it feels like abandonment) made him exceptionally vulnerable to relationships ending badly, so he tries to avoid them as much as possible.

malika

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2008, 03:08:49 pm »
I empathize with Charles, I am naturally reticent and a bit resistant to getting emotionally involved with too many people as well. I think maybe he was that way first, and then that made him the perfect one for the job of Bran's enforcer, rather than Samuel who gets attached too much...

Dobbythehouseelf

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #168 on: March 02, 2008, 08:00:43 pm »
I loved this story so much.  I can't wait to see Anna and Charles in a full length novel.  I have a feeling it will still be too short :) 

Jasmin

« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2008, 06:23:23 pm »
I just needed to say that I really enjoyed the "Alpha and Omega" novella. It certainly tied up the loose ends left from "Moon Called" and it seemed to expand the werewolf world. I like the idea of two strangers, whose wolves are instantly compatible but the people are on uneven ground. This odd couple has sent my mind wandering.
I can imagine Charles and Anna being more comfortable hunting together than going to a movie together. They don't even know what type of movies or music the other would like. I'm also imagining Anna being thrown into a world she's been afraid of but its the only world Charles has ever known.
I can't wait til the next Charles and Anna book, but I know that good stories take time. So I'll just re-read the Raven series in the meantime.

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2008, 08:30:01 am »
I just LOVED the story and can't wait for the book which no doubt I will finish shortly after its arrival. I just re-read (for the 2nd or 3rd time) the Mercy series and cannot wait for the next.

I am not sure if this has been said before, but:

In Moon Called though Bran talks about a team he sent to Chicago and says nothing about Isabella being crazy. I do understand that Moon Called could not be re-written to put the story of Charles in and that Alpha and Omega would not have worked the way it had (which i adoreeed) if there was a team with Charles.

Plus my favorite scene is the time that Charles comes out of the bathroom in wolf form while Anna says he would sleep on the bed.... Hilarious....

I love these books.... maybe at some point my stories (that are not as efficient) will come out of their hiding places..... :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 11:19:52 pm by white_unicorn »

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #171 on: May 26, 2008, 11:32:39 am »
Hello, White Unicorn!  You made me wonder if maybe by the time Bran mentioned what was happening in Chicago he'd already in some fashion determined that Charles & Anna were becoming a team?  And remember, no-one outside Chicago & Leo's pack knew that Isabella was crazy until the confrontation.   By the time anyone was really ready to tell him what was going on, he was in Chicago himself.

If you want help with your writing, drop in to the Discussion area down at the bottom of the Home page of the forum. 

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
    • Wattpad - Stories
Charles Driving?
« Reply #172 on: May 26, 2008, 11:18:34 pm »
Ok, this might be already asked but from a quick search I didn't find anything.

Ok, so the question I was really wondering on is whe3ther Charles is actually driving (Which probably he is) but in MC Mercy is 'surprised' when he has to gel Alan's body to whrever he takes it... and he says the other guy (sorry can't recall his name) will drive. Yet later she says Charles drove her to the station when she left Montana and in A&O he was 'angry' on having to find Anna in the first place so that he couldn't go to the car rental. Does that make any sense?  :D

I guess he doesn't enjoy driving but if he has to he drives.... (How much sense do i make?)

PS: since English is my 2nd language I hope you do understand my english..... ;D

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2008, 11:30:44 pm »
Hello, White Unicorn!  You made me wonder if maybe by the time Bran mentioned what was happening in Chicago he'd already in some fashion determined that Charles & Anna were becoming a team?  And remember, no-one outside Chicago & Leo's pack knew that Isabella was crazy until the confrontation.   By the time anyone was really ready to tell him what was going on, he was in Chicago himself.

If you want help with your writing, drop in to the Discussion area down at the bottom of the Home page of the forum. 

That could be it.... After all he is a bit psychic.... ;) The more I think about it the more sense it makes. He had Anna tell him what happened from the very beginning so he could say that he 'sent' the team.

I can't wait to hear what Samuel will have to say when he does find out.... "He'd finally learned that his face wouldn't crack if he smiled." And his wolf taking her as mate in less than a day.... Bran must have had the laugh of the day, (if not more) about that.....

As for my stories the ones I did write in english are still in handwriting.... the others that are mostly in PC format are in Greek....

:D

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
  • To live is to dance, to dance is to live.
Re: Charles Driving?
« Reply #174 on: May 26, 2008, 11:57:30 pm »
Hi white_unicorn, welcome to the forum!! Your English is fine, honestly!!

I seem to I remember reading posts about Charles and his driving in some thread or the other, but I couldn't find it now, either.

I guess he doesn't enjoy driving but if he has to he drives.... (How much sense do i make?)
That's exactly how I would have put it!! He prefers horses because that way he gets the 'feel' of the land, if I remember correctly, where as a car cuts him off from the outside and goes too fast.

Maybe he'd enjoy a convertible?!  :D
Check out my aspiring-writer's blog: http://mylinesmylife.blogspot.com/

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
  • To live is to dance, to dance is to live.
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2008, 12:08:57 am »
After all he is a bit psychic.... ;) 
You don't watch Frasier, by any chance??  :D

I can't wait to hear what Samuel will have to say when he does find out.... "He'd finally learned that his face wouldn't crack if he smiled."
Yes, me too, me too!! That part made me LOL!! ;)

If you ever want help/suggestions concerning your writing - in English ;) - I can very much recommend posting snippets of your stories in the Writer's Block!! I posted my first one not too long ago, and the response was overwhelming and very helpful. There are no bad critiques allowed here, so no worries!!  :D
Check out my aspiring-writer's blog: http://mylinesmylife.blogspot.com/

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2008, 01:18:27 am »
I know I would love a convertible....... haha thanks!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2008, 08:03:08 am »
You two have about got it there.  Charles doesn't like the speed, keeping him from seeing, smelling, hearing the world beyond the car, & cars are stupid, they only do what they're told.  You can't point a car toward it's home pasture or stall & have it head there itself, & all the other objections to them made as they began to replace horses & buggys.

Tanis143

• Grease Monkey
    • My webspace
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2008, 05:54:44 pm »
I just read the "Alpha and Omega" novella and I know I'm going to be just as hooked on those as I am on the Mercy series. The only thing that struck me odd was that Charles is not an Alpha, though he has the dominance need for one. Maybe this will prompt him to start his own pack? The only thing I somewhat disliked about the novella was that it was too condensed, too many unanswered questions. Maybe these will be filled in the upcoming book. I hope so, otherwise my imagination will go nuts with all the possibilities.

And the best part, August is my birth month! What a great present that will be, a new book that I will probably devour in about 3 hours then spend many many months waiting for it (or until the next Mercy novel).
Um, I guess this is my sig.......

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2008, 06:07:32 pm »
Just because you are dominate enough to start a pack doesn't mean you want the responsabilities that come with it.