Author Topic: Jesse Hauptman & Samuel  (Read 35100 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Re: Jesse Hauptman (SPOILER)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 06:23:00 pm »
Patti are you being naughty again ;D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 06:27:39 pm »
"I'm always naughty," she replied promptly, and then paused.  "er, what do you mean this time?"
I have no special knowledge; I was floored by the suggestion that it could be Kara- if it's coming up in the next book, I have to doubt that, frankly - but pointing out that the North American continent is NOT the only one with folk histories of changers of one sort or another.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 06:29:54 pm »
Or maybe Sam's mate could be a creature from one of those other continents. A kitsune would be interesting... They're just as much a trickster and Coyote.

ElefiNecol

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
  • Oh tea!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 06:33:06 pm »
If nothing else I can't see Sam going after another kid, and Patty is keeping the time lines together and trying to let CW catch up.  My impression was that Mike was saying we haven't met them at all, and we have met Kara if not in person as it were.  I like the idea of "her" coming from another area.  To me Patty seems to be expanding their world and moving outside of their immediate circle.  Didn't she say at one of the signings that the next book would focus on Sam a lot?  If it were to stay local I'm pretty sure Adam would be more involved then Sam.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 06:39:06 pm by ElefiNecol »

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 06:34:39 pm »
I know :D - I dont agree its Kara although I can see her when the time is right and when shes much older she will definitely be with someone interesting. And perhaps a non werewolf- I would love to see a female werewolf able to break out of that. But I cant see Sam with anyone like that especially after his experience with Mercy.

I dont know- I think a nice fae or even different types of supernaturals we havent met before. And what about Africa and Australia as well- there is interesting mythologies and supernaturals there :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

ElefiNecol

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
  • Oh tea!
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 06:36:08 pm »
There are so many cultures she could choose from!  ppsst! Has, you're supposed to be going to bed!   ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 06:39:53 pm by ElefiNecol »

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 06:38:14 pm »
Can I beg you again to check your spelling, gang?  Our Hostess is PATTY -Y- for cryin' out loud!  I am Patti -I- L. in an attempt to avoid confusing anyone.

I sincerely doubt Kara Beckworth as a love interest; she's got too much going on with werewolf, away from parents, and teen; she's not ready for mate.  Nope, not.

But a nice Kitsune lady, now I could see that.  Some of the "Mercy" behavior, plenty of manners, and longevity, along with potential fertility.  Yes.

And would you lot get your quantities right!  Not "is", "ARE"  THERE ARE SO MANY!!! Grrrr!

ElefiNecol

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
  • Oh tea!
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 06:40:52 pm »
Sorry Patti!  I'm blaming my typos on the paper ;D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 06:51:57 pm »
And the exhaustion of exerting immense self control!

ElefiNecol

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
  • Oh tea!
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 07:17:57 pm »
Yes!!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2009, 07:19:06 pm »
Whe- meet me at the Place; I've got an off topic question for you.

littlebittysami

• Tool Wrangler
  • It's all right to be...
    • Blue Horizon
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 09:09:35 pm »
What many are missing here is the very important "age of consent" laws here in the United States. In Montana, it is 16. While it is fairly creepy to think about, considering the huge age gap between Mercy and Samuel, she was of age. As would Jesse be...if she had her 16th birthday recently. This isn't the extremely creepy toddler imprinting like in Twilight. (so not a fan...)

However, I think the point is moot. 
1. I really don't think Samuel would put the moves on Adam's daughter. I'm not sure Adam or Mercy would like it too much.
2. Jesse has a boyfriend, though she and Gabriel had no scenes in Bone Crossed. But there wasn't a mention of a breakup, either.
3. As mentioned before, Sam has a natural affinity towards kids. He wants to be a dad again. He probably thinks of Jesse as his own.
4. Jesse's fully human, which means she's mortal and will age and eventually die. Sam needs an immortal, someone who won't die on him. He simply won't be able to handle a mate dying on him. He'd die. 
5. Mike's hinted at an unintroduced (as of yet) female character that will become Samuel's mate.

Now as for the Kara Beckwith thing Unless I missed something, she's still 13 or 14 guys. It's just as creepy for her to become Samuel's mate as Mercy or Jesse at 16. Also because she's a werewolf, there could be no babies.

Honestly, I hope it's someone else, and they are an adult.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy all her friends?

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 02:37:29 pm »
Having now Googled "kitsune," that sounds VERY intriguing...and honestly spot-on on so many levels.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

alan

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 03:06:56 pm »
He makes her laugh a lot though this scene (BC194), with growls and mock-grumpiness.  He actually speaks more to Jesse directly then to Mercy.  He takes them to dinner, though not where she wanted to go.  It seemed like a compromise.  Samuel is still to dominant to a low her to choose.  It wouldn't be the first time he became aware of a teenager as a potential mate.  He's to honorable to obviously do anything right now, he would wait -- as he did with Mercy.  If he did not, Adam would have some of Samuel various body parts severed. LOL

Wouldn't that whole scene be kind of awkward for Mercy?  Having the guy that wanted her going after her mates kid?  It all seems kind of creepy to me.  I think Adam wouldn't even let Sam near Jesse if he though Sam was after her.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 04:33:38 pm »
I think when it comes to a Sam/Jesse match I have to agree with the general consensus. It won't happen. But someone who is gutsy like Jesse, but an adult and immortal? That I could see.

Having now Googled "kitsune," that sounds VERY intriguing...and honestly spot-on on so many levels.
I know something about them, which is interesting. But I definitely need to look them up too!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden