Author Topic: Patricia Briggs Audio Books  (Read 31260 times)

kimluvs2read

• Tinker
Re: Patricia Briggs Audio Books
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 09:01:18 am »
I have the Mercy series on Audio, just listend to all of them last week! I liked them, the only complaint I have is that Lorilei King sounds much older than she is and not at all how I imagined Mercy to sound. But she still does a great job with doing different voices for each character and she doesn't sound wooden, always great pluses!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 09:57:41 am »
Oh cool about the Hurog narrator - although I had my heart set on Ben Browder but Mmmm :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

alaskanchick

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 09:38:32 am »
I have a job that lets me listen to my ipod while I work and I've been listening like crazy to audiobooks. That's how I was introduced to the Mercy series and I have become a huge fan. I just got through the Aralorn books, but I'm dying to get all her others on audiobook, too! I don't have a lot of time to read outside of work (yeah, I know that sounds funny) and I can only listen to audiobooks there. I'm about to start Dragon Bones, but can already sense I'm going to enjoy it and will be longing to finish the series!

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 03:20:53 pm »
Does anyone know if/when River Marked will released on audio?  I'm a huge Audio fan and really want it as soon as possible.
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 04:15:55 pm »
Hi Dandelionwine!

The audiobook should be released on the same date as the print/ebook releases - which is the 1st of March! Lorelie King is narrating again! Hope that helps!
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 06:21:40 pm »
TYVM Has, I did look around and did some searches before I asked, but I was either being dense or unlucky so thanks again!

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 10:20:52 am »
Well, Audible had River Marked as being available on March 1st, but now it's gone from the 'coming soon' section and NOT on the 'new releases' or listed under the author section either.  I'm of course hoping it's because they're loading it on the site... or something.   *sigh* I'll check later but it's frustrating of course.

highcountryrider

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 10:25:37 am »
My next credit date is 3/3, so I have to wait.  :(

I'm patient, I can do it.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 10:40:56 am »
Well, it's not there yet so you can relax a little Bill!

Vic

• Tinker
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2011, 02:00:26 pm »
I've been stalking audible all day.  Am now feeling a bit audio depression.  Thought Seanan McGuire's latest Toby Daye would be out today only to find out that she was only contracted for the first 3 in audio.  So, no biggie, got ebook shot off email to Brilliance expressing love for series and hope they pick up more.  Then find out that Anne Bishop's Twilight Dawn I was expecting in audio (per a LKH forum post from her late last year about the release) only to find that recorded books has an exclusive on it for library edition!  So I'll probably rent it from them if my library won't get it.  Now it's looking like I won't get this one for commute home either.  I think I need a hug and maybe a nice big glass of wine when I get home!

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 07:24:15 pm »
Hurog Means Dragon.

Vic

• Tinker
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 09:28:10 pm »
Thanks so much for info Elle!  I posted this issue on twitter and you or one of the other mods pointed me to books on board.  Still holding off because I couldn't get audio on my device for commute home anyway and ended up getting ebook until audio comes out in audible.  I saved credit dang it!  :)

Much <3 to this forum, its moderators and its authors.  :)

Don't mind a gal ranting in frustration but thanks for trying to guide me to water! ;) 

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2011, 05:58:54 am »
Check it out!  Audible has a list of the "Best" series out on Audio format, guess who's on it!  I totally agree, but I don't understand why Dresden Files aren't on it too, (ONLY if it didn't displace Patty's spot though!!!).

http://www.audible.com/mc/Perennial%20Listener%20Favorites

Vic

• Tinker
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 03:35:36 pm »
Nice!  I plug all of PB's books on audio to anyone who'll listen.   :-LOVE

Mouse

• Tinker
  • I failed the Turing Test
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 03:37:21 pm »
Dragon Blood is out too!
Yay!
"Just because a promise becomes desperately inconvenient doesn't mean you don't have to keep it." Mercy Thompson in Iron Kissed