Author Topic: Patricia Briggs Audio Books  (Read 31263 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Patricia Briggs Audio Books
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:33:39 am »

Welcome to the Patricia Briggs Audio Books thread.

This is specific to Patty's audio books only but not limited to genre. As of now there are audio books available for:

Bone Crossed
Cry Wolf
Hunting Ground
Dragon Bones and Blood (pending)

This is the thread to discuss all aspects of them. Narrators, publishers, release dates, expense, etc. :)

We do also here at Hurog have a more general audio book thread that pertains to other authors and you can find it here:

AudioBooks(Tapes, CD, Digital Download)

Elle - Books Mod
(Returning you to Has' wonderful post. :) )

I came across this at another board!

Bone Crossed is also up an audio book and its read by Lorelei King who does the Stephanie Plum books which is great because she is fantastic on that!

http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/products/ProductDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&productID=BK_PENG_001187&redirectFlag=
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 07:11:19 pm by Elle »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
Re: Patricia Briggs Audio Books
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 11:09:33 am »
I came across this at another board!

Bone Crossed is also up an audio book and its read by Lorelei King who does the Stephanie Plum books which is great because she is fantastic on that!

http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/products/ProductDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&productID=BK_PENG_001187&redirectFlag=

I can't tell...  Is that CDs or is it only downloadable to, like, an iPod or MP3 player?

I listened to the sample.  It's good!!  And it gives you several minutes' worth.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 11:15:52 am by Nifty »
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 11:10:59 am »
I think its MP3/download- Cant see any CD orders at all.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 11:16:26 am »
I think its MP3/download- Cant see any CD orders at all.

Well, shootamonkey!!  We're not all technologically advanced.  Hmph!!
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 11:19:19 am »
I prefer CD's for audio books- great for back ups :S

But downloads are instant- hopefully they will release the CD's soon.

BlackCat13

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 03:36:01 pm »
Has, thanks for letting us know about this. I usually perfer to have a audiobook on actual CD, but after looking it over I have purchased the $7.49 plan and received my free audiobook in return ('Bone Crossed'!). That plan also gives you 30% off all other audiobooks and a $10 off coupon for use within 14 days (and I can use both of these together to get 'Cry Wolf' for only $9.58 plus tax). This plan is only good for three months before the price escalates, so you might want to cancel within the first month.

As for the audiobook, after you download the websites software and link it to iTunes, you can burn it to a CD (through iTunes), listen on your computer, or download on to almost any MP3 player. The only complaint I have is that the burned CD's just end with no warning when you listen to them. There are no stops like most tape/CD audiobooks. When you burn it using iTunes, there are only two files to start with (each a little over four hours) which will split into eight discs. Thus the no stops or bookmarked places. :(

On to the actual audiobook, first off let me say that I am extremely happy that 'Bone Crossed' is available on audio and I absolutely cannot wait for all the other books to be available as well. These are absolutely perfect for my driving, as I never get tired of reading anything of Patricia Briggs and I can finally listen to them as I drive. ;D

Also, while I am very happy that these books got such an accomplished reader as Lorelei King to narrate them, after having listened to Lorelei King's work in the Stephanie Plum series, she seems to have inadvertently carried over quite a bit from her reading of Stephanie Plum. A few quirks I noticed is that Mercy sounds nearly whiney at times (like her reading of Stephanie Plum); also her voice for Stefan sounds just like Zee at the oddest times (so it can get confusing), and a rather funny quirk is that Adam tends to sound almost exactly like Joe Morelli. ;)

However, I would still definitely recommend purchasing this book on audio; and I am still very happy with my purchase! :)

BlueMtn

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 07:55:04 pm »
I just saw on Audible.com that HUNTING GROUND will be released on audio on 8/25 also!!  bOuNcY  Wooooooot!!!    It didn't say who the narrator is, I'm hoping it is still that smexy voiced Holter Graham! :D

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 11:31:24 pm »
 bOuNcY Audible.com just listed Hunting Ground in their upcoming releases, with a release date of August 25, same as the paperback bOuNcY

I'm so glad, I knew the audiobook would come eventually but I was afraid I'd have to wait a few months.  I love audiobooks, and I think I'll be up at midnight to download this one.   :D :D :D :D :D :D

Vinity

• Mechanic
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 06:56:07 pm »
I call your  bOuNcY and add 2 more  bOuNcY Surely it will be Holter again. Dang, this really makes me insanely happy LOL

BlueMtn

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 07:07:53 pm »
Yes, I had to restructure my buying with this great news -  I thought I'd have to WAIT to hear it, so I had kindled it.    Now I have canceled Kindle and I'm going to listen!!   Then I ordered the paper book for my keeper collection!     bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY

I'm such a GONER! :-\

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 06:20:21 pm »
I just got the audiobook.  I love audiobooks, and I had read the book before.  Still, I listened to it while I was cleaning and stuff over the last few days and it was awesome.  I love the reader.  Highly recommend!!!   

avalonia69

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 08:11:50 am »
Blood Bound is now up on audible too...am happy Lorelei King is still the narrator.

demauro

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 12:34:41 pm »
I would love to see your books out on audio!!  I enjoyed reading them and know my daughter would as well.  But as she is blind, audio is the only way she can enjoy all the books I can get for her.  Like the books by Kim Harrison and Karen Marie Moning...I know she would love yours as well!!  Please see if audio is a possibility for you.  Thanks De

Vinity

• Mechanic
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 08:29:00 am »

bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY I've been waiting for this

HUROG!!! Wow, the actor they have reading looks like the artist rendering of Ward. 

CONGRATS Patty on Hurog finally being available on audio!!  bOuNcY bOuNcY

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 08:37:29 am »
When fandoms collide! Wow...I'm looking forward to hearing that. Thanks for the heads up, Vinity!
Hurog Means Dragon.

kimluvs2read

• Tinker
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 09:01:18 am »
I have the Mercy series on Audio, just listend to all of them last week! I liked them, the only complaint I have is that Lorilei King sounds much older than she is and not at all how I imagined Mercy to sound. But she still does a great job with doing different voices for each character and she doesn't sound wooden, always great pluses!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 09:57:41 am »
Oh cool about the Hurog narrator - although I had my heart set on Ben Browder but Mmmm :D

alaskanchick

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 09:38:32 am »
I have a job that lets me listen to my ipod while I work and I've been listening like crazy to audiobooks. That's how I was introduced to the Mercy series and I have become a huge fan. I just got through the Aralorn books, but I'm dying to get all her others on audiobook, too! I don't have a lot of time to read outside of work (yeah, I know that sounds funny) and I can only listen to audiobooks there. I'm about to start Dragon Bones, but can already sense I'm going to enjoy it and will be longing to finish the series!

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 03:20:53 pm »
Does anyone know if/when River Marked will released on audio?  I'm a huge Audio fan and really want it as soon as possible.
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 04:15:55 pm »
Hi Dandelionwine!

The audiobook should be released on the same date as the print/ebook releases - which is the 1st of March! Lorelie King is narrating again! Hope that helps!

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 06:21:40 pm »
TYVM Has, I did look around and did some searches before I asked, but I was either being dense or unlucky so thanks again!

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 10:20:52 am »
Well, Audible had River Marked as being available on March 1st, but now it's gone from the 'coming soon' section and NOT on the 'new releases' or listed under the author section either.  I'm of course hoping it's because they're loading it on the site... or something.   *sigh* I'll check later but it's frustrating of course.

highcountryrider

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 10:25:37 am »
My next credit date is 3/3, so I have to wait.  :(

I'm patient, I can do it.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 10:40:56 am »
Well, it's not there yet so you can relax a little Bill!

Vic

• Tinker
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2011, 02:00:26 pm »
I've been stalking audible all day.  Am now feeling a bit audio depression.  Thought Seanan McGuire's latest Toby Daye would be out today only to find out that she was only contracted for the first 3 in audio.  So, no biggie, got ebook shot off email to Brilliance expressing love for series and hope they pick up more.  Then find out that Anne Bishop's Twilight Dawn I was expecting in audio (per a LKH forum post from her late last year about the release) only to find that recorded books has an exclusive on it for library edition!  So I'll probably rent it from them if my library won't get it.  Now it's looking like I won't get this one for commute home either.  I think I need a hug and maybe a nice big glass of wine when I get home!

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 07:24:15 pm »
Hurog Means Dragon.

Vic

• Tinker
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 09:28:10 pm »
Thanks so much for info Elle!  I posted this issue on twitter and you or one of the other mods pointed me to books on board.  Still holding off because I couldn't get audio on my device for commute home anyway and ended up getting ebook until audio comes out in audible.  I saved credit dang it!  :)

Much <3 to this forum, its moderators and its authors.  :)

Don't mind a gal ranting in frustration but thanks for trying to guide me to water! ;) 

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2011, 05:58:54 am »
Check it out!  Audible has a list of the "Best" series out on Audio format, guess who's on it!  I totally agree, but I don't understand why Dresden Files aren't on it too, (ONLY if it didn't displace Patty's spot though!!!).

http://www.audible.com/mc/Perennial%20Listener%20Favorites

Vic

• Tinker
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 03:35:36 pm »
Nice!  I plug all of PB's books on audio to anyone who'll listen.   :-LOVE

Mouse

• Tinker
  • I failed the Turing Test
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 03:37:21 pm »
Dragon Blood is out too!
Yay!
"Just because a promise becomes desperately inconvenient doesn't mean you don't have to keep it." Mercy Thompson in Iron Kissed

Vic

• Tinker
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 12:45:57 pm »
I couldn't find any information on audiobook for Fair Game.  Is that scheduled to be published and released at the same time as hard back?   :-LOVE  I pre-ordered e-book but would rather have the audio if I knew it was coming out at the same time.

Thanks for any info!

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 12:39:23 pm »
Hi Vic, someone just posted on Twitter that Fair Game was available for download on Audible.
Hurog Means Dragon.

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 10:02:48 am »
Has Alpha and Omega (the novella) been made an audio book yet?  I haven't found it online but I might not be looking at the right place.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 04:59:45 am »
The novella is available on Audible, not sure about other sources. 

Frost burned doesn't show up on the "coming soon" list there yet, which disturbs me, but I've found that list not always complete, though I'd really like to hear something from one of the PTB  (Powers That Be) about that just to reassure me (us).

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2013, 08:33:40 am »
I dmed Lorelie King on twitter - and she said she's done the book so it should be out soon but she had no date for release yet.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 07:59:36 am »
OK, I'm officially getting worried now.  Audible still shows Frost Burned as "unavailable"  When you hover it has some standard BS message about books going out of print or never being recorded for audio blah blah blah...  about ready to scream here!!!  If they don't have either the book or a darned (expletive deleted there) good explanation and time of delivery VERY VERY soon, I'm using up the credits I've been saving and quitting them! 

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 08:53:03 am »
I did email Audible and got no information from them regarding the release date. We know it has been recorded and the pub is expecting it out in audio book. It's frustrating though for people hoping to pre-order and listen to it. We know it will be out but we just don't know when it will be out.
Hurog Means Dragon.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 09:06:57 am »
Yes, I also e-mailed them, and called their 'call anytime' number and got no reply to the email as well as nothing from the phone line that didn't show on the web site.  Not sure what exactly what good a phone line does that doesn't provide anything other than what the site has.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 09:16:10 am »
I got both and email reply and a phone call. This is from the email and the phone call was just the same response even though I repeatedly asked them if there was no pre-order available when the release date would be, we'll see though. Hopefully soon, for the audio fans.

We appreciate your interest in the availability of "Frost Burned". We have forwarded your request to our content department so that they may contact the Publisher in hopes of receiving the rights to sell this audio file.

9)

It's a frustrating site to get any information from that will give you a straight answer.

Hurog Means Dragon.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 09:37:09 pm »
I emailed Ann about this too - been getting a few questions on FB. But it may show up on the date of release  - it happened previously with the other audios but for some reason its not available as pre-order and its not the publisher's fault either.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 02:08:27 am »

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 04:51:05 am »
Well of course I'm happy, but what was the purpose of their total lack of info about it?   I so wish there were another affordable source for audio books.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 05:21:27 am »
I have  no idea! But they def need to work on their customer service :P

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 05:23:53 am »
I feel your pain, Dandelionwine. I got nothing but the run around from them when all I wanted was a straight answer. Hopefully they will get their act together. Enjoy the listen!
Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2016, 11:47:08 am »
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Clarebearf8

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2016, 11:26:58 am »
Hello.
I was just wondering why I can only get some of the books on audible in the uk I would really like them all ? Any help appreciated.
Clare

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2016, 01:07:56 pm »
Depends on what the audio book producing companies in the UK are willing to offer in their contracts, I suspect.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.