Author Topic: Patricia Briggs Audio Books  (Read 31261 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Patricia Briggs Audio Books
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:33:39 am »

Welcome to the Patricia Briggs Audio Books thread.

This is specific to Patty's audio books only but not limited to genre. As of now there are audio books available for:

Bone Crossed
Cry Wolf
Hunting Ground
Dragon Bones and Blood (pending)

This is the thread to discuss all aspects of them. Narrators, publishers, release dates, expense, etc. :)

We do also here at Hurog have a more general audio book thread that pertains to other authors and you can find it here:

AudioBooks(Tapes, CD, Digital Download)

Elle - Books Mod
(Returning you to Has' wonderful post. :) )

I came across this at another board!

Bone Crossed is also up an audio book and its read by Lorelei King who does the Stephanie Plum books which is great because she is fantastic on that!

http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/products/ProductDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&productID=BK_PENG_001187&redirectFlag=
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 07:11:19 pm by Elle »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
Re: Patricia Briggs Audio Books
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 11:09:33 am »
I came across this at another board!

Bone Crossed is also up an audio book and its read by Lorelei King who does the Stephanie Plum books which is great because she is fantastic on that!

http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/products/ProductDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&productID=BK_PENG_001187&redirectFlag=

I can't tell...  Is that CDs or is it only downloadable to, like, an iPod or MP3 player?

I listened to the sample.  It's good!!  And it gives you several minutes' worth.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 11:15:52 am by Nifty »
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 11:10:59 am »
I think its MP3/download- Cant see any CD orders at all.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 11:16:26 am »
I think its MP3/download- Cant see any CD orders at all.

Well, shootamonkey!!  We're not all technologically advanced.  Hmph!!
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 11:19:19 am »
I prefer CD's for audio books- great for back ups :S

But downloads are instant- hopefully they will release the CD's soon.

BlackCat13

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 03:36:01 pm »
Has, thanks for letting us know about this. I usually perfer to have a audiobook on actual CD, but after looking it over I have purchased the $7.49 plan and received my free audiobook in return ('Bone Crossed'!). That plan also gives you 30% off all other audiobooks and a $10 off coupon for use within 14 days (and I can use both of these together to get 'Cry Wolf' for only $9.58 plus tax). This plan is only good for three months before the price escalates, so you might want to cancel within the first month.

As for the audiobook, after you download the websites software and link it to iTunes, you can burn it to a CD (through iTunes), listen on your computer, or download on to almost any MP3 player. The only complaint I have is that the burned CD's just end with no warning when you listen to them. There are no stops like most tape/CD audiobooks. When you burn it using iTunes, there are only two files to start with (each a little over four hours) which will split into eight discs. Thus the no stops or bookmarked places. :(

On to the actual audiobook, first off let me say that I am extremely happy that 'Bone Crossed' is available on audio and I absolutely cannot wait for all the other books to be available as well. These are absolutely perfect for my driving, as I never get tired of reading anything of Patricia Briggs and I can finally listen to them as I drive. ;D

Also, while I am very happy that these books got such an accomplished reader as Lorelei King to narrate them, after having listened to Lorelei King's work in the Stephanie Plum series, she seems to have inadvertently carried over quite a bit from her reading of Stephanie Plum. A few quirks I noticed is that Mercy sounds nearly whiney at times (like her reading of Stephanie Plum); also her voice for Stefan sounds just like Zee at the oddest times (so it can get confusing), and a rather funny quirk is that Adam tends to sound almost exactly like Joe Morelli. ;)

However, I would still definitely recommend purchasing this book on audio; and I am still very happy with my purchase! :)

BlueMtn

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 07:55:04 pm »
I just saw on Audible.com that HUNTING GROUND will be released on audio on 8/25 also!!  bOuNcY  Wooooooot!!!    It didn't say who the narrator is, I'm hoping it is still that smexy voiced Holter Graham! :D

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 11:31:24 pm »
 bOuNcY Audible.com just listed Hunting Ground in their upcoming releases, with a release date of August 25, same as the paperback bOuNcY

I'm so glad, I knew the audiobook would come eventually but I was afraid I'd have to wait a few months.  I love audiobooks, and I think I'll be up at midnight to download this one.   :D :D :D :D :D :D

Vinity

• Mechanic
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 06:56:07 pm »
I call your  bOuNcY and add 2 more  bOuNcY Surely it will be Holter again. Dang, this really makes me insanely happy LOL

BlueMtn

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 07:07:53 pm »
Yes, I had to restructure my buying with this great news -  I thought I'd have to WAIT to hear it, so I had kindled it.    Now I have canceled Kindle and I'm going to listen!!   Then I ordered the paper book for my keeper collection!     bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY

I'm such a GONER! :-\

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 06:20:21 pm »
I just got the audiobook.  I love audiobooks, and I had read the book before.  Still, I listened to it while I was cleaning and stuff over the last few days and it was awesome.  I love the reader.  Highly recommend!!!   

avalonia69

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 08:11:50 am »
Blood Bound is now up on audible too...am happy Lorelei King is still the narrator.

demauro

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 12:34:41 pm »
I would love to see your books out on audio!!  I enjoyed reading them and know my daughter would as well.  But as she is blind, audio is the only way she can enjoy all the books I can get for her.  Like the books by Kim Harrison and Karen Marie Moning...I know she would love yours as well!!  Please see if audio is a possibility for you.  Thanks De

Vinity

• Mechanic
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 08:29:00 am »

bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY I've been waiting for this

HUROG!!! Wow, the actor they have reading looks like the artist rendering of Ward. 

CONGRATS Patty on Hurog finally being available on audio!!  bOuNcY bOuNcY

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 08:37:29 am »
When fandoms collide! Wow...I'm looking forward to hearing that. Thanks for the heads up, Vinity!
Hurog Means Dragon.