Author Topic: Strange Brew | Seeing Eye Discussion  (Read 35972 times)

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
Re: Strange Brew | Seeing Eye Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 02:19:36 pm »
i really liked this story.tom and moira  are interesting and likeable.

GW  WK  WH

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 06:41:09 pm »
I hope they're in Hunting Ground as side characters.  I don't think that it's the same couple mentioned in A&O.  I can't imagine why the cop and the witch would want to move to the Dustbowl. 

I dunno cavaliergirl, I think it is the same pair that Charles mentioned earlier.  The offical timeline puts "Seeing Eye" really early on:  http://hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=646.0

I asked and was given this answer, "Seeing Eye takes place about a year before the events of Moon Called. We'll see Tom and Moira in Hunting Ground and they're an established couple by then." It can be found here, http://hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3060.0

Doesn't Charles tell Anna that the werewolf with the blind mate live in Oklahoma?  And it's been a month or two since I've read Strange Brew, but wasn't that set up in the northwest, Washington state? 

I don't have my copy handy but I'm not worried. I trust Patty's info, and she was the source for the info above, so I think we can expect she knows what she's talking about. Once we read "Hunting Groudn", we may have more info. :) Or maybe not since they are peripheral characters, it soudns like.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2009, 07:02:55 pm »

Doesn't Charles tell Anna that the werewolf with the blind mate live in Oklahoma?  And it's been a month or two since I've read Strange Brew, but wasn't that set up in the northwest, Washington state? 

He did say that and I just read it that there is a werewolf with a blind mate in Oklahoma and that doesn't rule out the fact that there's another werewolf with a blind mate in Seattle.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2009, 07:21:17 pm »
Yes; the OK couple have the 'see if he's in the same room'; Tom & Moira seem - so far as we've yet seen - to have to be touching, and there's the 'he's my familiar' element, too.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Artemis

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2009, 12:40:25 pm »
I read it & I loved it. It's a great story; Patty delivers the goods as usual. I am really loving anthologies lately and have bought several. Am looking for "My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding" right now. Short stories are almost a lost art, since a lot of the magazines that used to publish shorts are out of business.

And ...  I read "Hunting Ground," and Charmed is right, they are in that book and they are not just background, but supporting characters with a major scene, and they are AWESOME!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 09:03:53 pm by Elle »
We learned more from a three-minute record than we ever learned in school ...

"No Surrender," Bruce Springsteen

mystify

• Mechanic
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 11:33:45 am »
I had a copy of Strange Brew on hold at the library and it came up the same day I got Hunting Ground. I read Hunting Ground first but it was nice to be able to read Tom and Moira's story right away. I liked it.

caerali

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 07:53:18 pm »
I loved it too I only wish it had been longer.  But then, it wouldn't be a short story. /sigh :)

I.Can.DEW.it

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2009, 10:11:10 pm »
I loved this short story.  Oh, and quite frankly... this is the best anthology that I've read.  Usually, I really like 2-3 stories, feel ambivalent about a few more, and then hate a few.   This time around, I liked all of them.  High marks for all of the stories. 

crazyoldman

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2009, 08:39:35 pm »
hard to find fault with such a esteemed group. i had not read your works before so i was very pleased to read seeing eye. i ask if you plan to bring this team together again. I enjoyed the witch and werewolf (0);)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 08:44:49 pm »
This thread tells you a bit more about Tom & Moira:
http://hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3060.0
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

MidnightsAngel

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 05:31:55 pm »
Just read "Seeing Eye" and thoroughly enjoyed the story. I was wondering if you might at sometime in the future consider continuing with the story line? I would love to read more about Tom and Moria.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2010, 05:36:09 pm »
Hi MidnightsAngel, Patty answered this question recently in an interview.
Marianna G.: I loved your short story in the anthology “Strange Brew,” do you have any plans of writing more about Moira and Tom in the future?

PB: They make an appearance in Hunting Ground, and I may pull them in for bit parts in future books, but I have no plans to write a whole book (or series of books) based on them.

The interview can be found here.

charmed, books mod
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

MidnightsAngel

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2010, 05:48:59 pm »
Thank you ...   :)

grik

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 08:47:24 pm »
The Wendy Witch character in Strange Brew is very interesting.  I hope you revisit her and her Werewolf sometime in the future.

Brittany

• Grease Monkey
  • Omega Wolf
    • blog
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 09:04:36 pm »
Both Moira (Wendy), the witch, and Tom, the werewolf, in Strange Brew play pretty main characters in the second Alpha & Omega novel called Hunting Ground. I loved them! :D
Women are the bloodthirsty sex. We get the reputation, but it is only because the
women stand behind us, and say, Kill it. Squish it. — Ric Postinger (Hunting Ground)