Author Topic: Strange Brew | Seeing Eye Discussion  (Read 35975 times)

Fairyfreak

• Grease Monkey
Re: Strange Brew | Seeing Eye Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 08:20:52 am »
Book Smugglers in their review mentioned that Tom was in the A&O series. I've missed him though and not sure if that was typo because I haven't run across him yet. So keep an eye out for him. ;) Not sure where it falls in the timeline.

I think he was mentioned in the first Charles & Anna book...an example of different types of gifts that mates have....something about a blind mate of a werewolf can see when he's in the same room.  That's what I remember, anyway. 

lagiscae

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 08:29:04 am »
Hi,

this is my first post and I hope you wont eat me.

And just as I was writing this I see Fairyfreak's post in which this idea is also mentioned, but as I already looked it up I post this too.

At first I thought the story would give something away regarding Silver Borne and I was a little dissapointed that it didn't.
However with all of Mrs. Briggs stories one can't really be dissapointed, for I loved those characters immediately and as always it was over too soon.

But this pairing, a blind witch and a werwolf are not mated yet but if you consider the end of the story it seems very likely that they will in the future.

So the blind women can see when she touches the wolf. And that reminded me of something in Cry Wolf.

When Charles explained mating to Anna, he gave an example for a mating bond.

So I just had to read the book again and find the part.

'One of the wolves in Oklahoma is mated to a blind woman. She can see now, as long as she's in the same room with him.' Cry Wolf p. 150

So is it the same couple? The problem as you can see is the fact that Seeing Eye playes in Seattle and the couple mentioned in Cry Wolf is in Oklahoma.

On the other hand two mentioned pairings that have gained nearly the same ability through the mate bond?

Hm, what do you think?

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 08:38:43 am »
I do have to re-read Cry Wolf, but it could be that the Seattle wolf after the mating went to another pack?
after all changing packs isn't something that doesn't happen.... I guess it doesn't happen usually but it does happen.... :D

lagiscae

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 08:56:31 am »
I thought so too, but Hunting Ground is playing in Seattle if I'm not mistaken. So why introduce new characters that will have no part in the upcoming book?
I can't believe Patty would be so cruel  ;)

In Seeing Eye Tom is second in the Emerald City Pack. Maybe in Oklahoma he could now be alpha of his own pack.

And so in Hunting Ground he could be one of the wolfes to attend the meeting because he was from Seattle and knows the local pack.

Am I even making sense anymore  :D

Argh speculations, speculations, I can't wait for the book.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 03:41:48 pm »
I'm enjoying your speculation. :) Welcome to the boards!
Hurog Means Dragon.

katy

• Mechanic
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 04:36:42 pm »
Just got the book and read the story today!  Happy me...  ;D ;D ;D

I thought about the mention in Cry Wolf, too, but in any case, I do hope we get to see more of this couple.  I don't think Patty ever writes a character who doesn't have too interesting a story to fit in a single short story! 

It was interesting to me that this is the first story in this universe where the characters aren't closely tied to the Marrock in some way -- yes, as second in his pack, Tom has likely met the Marrock, and Moira is clearly aware of him, but neither of them are his family.  I'll bet the Marrock will be keenly interested, though if Tom and Moira do end up mated -- a very dominant wolf and a witch...

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 04:59:05 pm »
I really enjoyed it.

But when he threatened her with revealing witches weren't just fakes, it sounded like the wolves were already out but the novel timeline places it well before MC.

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 12:10:02 am »
I needs it.... but I have to get money in the card 1st... and for money i need to work... why so cruel the modern economics? O)

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 07:10:00 pm »
I hope they're in Hunting Ground as side characters.  I don't think that it's the same couple mentioned in A&O.  I can't imagine why the cop and the witch would want to move to the Dustbowl. 

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 05:00:27 pm »
It's in the mail!!! So hopefully I get it soon bOuNcY
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 07:38:50 pm »
 :-LOVE :-LOVE :-LOVE
Thank you Patty for another awesome story! I loved it!!  bOuNcY
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

caerali

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2009, 03:53:54 pm »
I dunno cavaliergirl, I think it is the same pair that Charles mentioned earlier.  The offical timeline puts "Seeing Eye" really early on:  http://hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=646.0

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2009, 04:21:39 pm »
I hope they're in Hunting Ground as side characters.  I don't think that it's the same couple mentioned in A&O.  I can't imagine why the cop and the witch would want to move to the Dustbowl. 

I dunno cavaliergirl, I think it is the same pair that Charles mentioned earlier.  The offical timeline puts "Seeing Eye" really early on:  http://hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=646.0

I asked and was given this answer, "Seeing Eye takes place about a year before the events of Moon Called. We'll see Tom and Moira in Hunting Ground and they're an established couple by then." It can be found here, http://hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3060.0
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 11:16:36 pm »
 :o now i need to get this anthology as well... darn my empty purse...

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 01:51:35 pm »

I dunno cavaliergirl, I think it is the same pair that Charles mentioned earlier.  The offical timeline puts "Seeing Eye" really early on:  http://hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=646.0

I asked and was given this answer, "Seeing Eye takes place about a year before the events of Moon Called. We'll see Tom and Moira in Hunting Ground and they're an established couple by then." It can be found here, http://hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3060.0

Doesn't Charles tell Anna that the werewolf with the blind mate live in Oklahoma?  And it's been a month or two since I've read Strange Brew, but wasn't that set up in the northwest, Washington state?