Author Topic: Strange Brew | Seeing Eye Discussion  (Read 34410 times)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Strange Brew | Seeing Eye Discussion
« on: February 04, 2009, 11:42:50 pm »
Released July 9, 2009. This is a short story set in Mercy's World. Unfortunately, the quote from Patty is gone now because of the crash and I can't remember where on the amazon site it was located. Has, you posted in that thread didn't you? Hopefully you'll be able to find the quote.

Until we do this is what I remember. It's called "Seeing Eye", is set in Seattle and has a werewolf in it. :D Here's the cover.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:36:51 am by Elle »
Hurog Means Dragon.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Re: Strange Brew | Seeing Eye Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:42:23 am »
Found it - it was in the discussion page in one of the threads!

<grin> The short story in Strange Brew is set in the same world as Mercy and the Alpha and Omega series. The anthology is all about witches and so is "Seeing Eye". It's set in Seattle -- and it has a werewolf in it.
Best,
Patty

http://www.amazon.com/Hardcover-What-the-Heck/forum/Fx15VL7YLU6DDK3/Tx1CMZWCVUUH8S4/1/ref=cm_cd_et_up_redir?_encoding=UTF8&s=books&asin=0441016766&newContentNum=71&store=books&cdSort=newest&newContentID=MxAX06HFNO4B9W#Mx3EITPZJ92K5JX
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:56:25 am »
A bit more information from an interview that Patty did:

(the Strange Brew story is) about a witch and one of the wolves from the Emerald City pack, so that’s a little easter egg.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 09:38:02 am »
Found a bit of info on the short story:

From Publishers Weekly Anthologist Elrod (My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding) taps into the urban fantasy craze with a mixed bag of wizardry, mystery and glamour. The best include Patricia Briggs's wistful Seeing Eye, wherein blind witch Wendy Moira Keller helps werewolf Tom Franklin search for his missing brother, and Jim Butcher's funny Last Call, which finds wizard Harry Dresden hot on the tail of Meditrina Bassarid, a wicked wine-loving maenad who wreaks havoc in a Chicago bar. In Rachel Caine's romantic Death Warmed Over, Holly Anne Caldwell, a resurrection witch, falls in love with Andrew Toland, a corpse from 1875, while Elrod's Hecate's Golden Eye tells of a 1937 hunt for a curious family gem. In Charlaine Harris’ “Bacon,” a beautiful vampire joins forces with a witch from an ancient line to find out who killed her beloved husband. Though not particularly groundbreaking, these tales will easily keep paranormal mystery fans entertained.

Source

Also a bit of info from the Chapters.ca synopsis:

In ''Seeing Eye'' by Patricia Briggs, a blind witch helps sexy werewolf Tom Franklin find his missing brother-and helps him in more ways than either of them ever suspected.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 09:01:24 pm by Elle »
Hurog Means Dragon.

Rob

• lovebird
  • Grease Monkey
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 08:15:31 pm »
*cue the kid in a candy store expression*

Jim Butcher and Patty Briggs in the same book?!?!?!?! My inner bookworm is jumping up and down like a 2-year-old on a serious sugar rush.....ouch....and screaming even louder than a kid who's had their candy taken from them......

......the only thing better would be to have Mercy and Harry Dresden in the same story!!!!  Impossible, I know...but as my man Quixote said: "To dream the impossible dream...."
Proud member of the Maulers Union Local #182.

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 09:11:22 am »
  ;D ;D ;D Just received my copy this morning. Can't wait to read it tonight when I get home from work.
I just love Patricia work. 

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 11:40:59 am »
Just finished it, and it was fantastic! Patty has come up with
a great new pairing and I desperately want to read more of their adventures.
Hurog Means Dragon.

pfyffe

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 01:49:00 pm »
Just read this short yesterday and I agree that it's a terrific new pairing. Does anyone know if Patty is planning to feature them in a series? I looked all over her site but couldn't find much mention besides the books page that lists the book the story appears in.''

8)

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 06:59:51 pm »
I do wonder if they will appear in Hunting Ground
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 09:39:47 pm »
I would love to see them in Hunting Ground. :D
Hurog Means Dragon.

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 10:37:53 am »
Charles, meet Tom, Tom, Charles.

I think they will meet.

what is the timing of this story. is it before moon called?

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 02:09:02 pm »
Book Smugglers in their review mentioned that Tom was in the A&O series. I've missed him though and not sure if that was typo because I haven't run across him yet. So keep an eye out for him. ;) Not sure where it falls in the timeline.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 02:20:40 pm »
If he's the second in the Emerald City pack, maybe we'll see him in Hunting Ground?
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 04:59:15 pm »
Witch  stops bads guys
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 06:04:56 pm »
ooh... a good witch, maybe she can teach Charles some stuff, or at least give him some pointers.

a shaman witch werewolf. :D