Author Topic: Stefan and Mercy  (Read 22723 times)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Stefan and Mercy
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 02:10:51 pm »
I can see him feeling confused.

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 10:44:27 am »
It would be interesting if he had to choose between Mercy and Marsillia though- Now that would be angst and torture for Stefan but I have a feeling if the crunch has to come he would choose Mercy.

You know I'm not entirely convinced that he would pick Mercy. I think the vampires like the wolves need to be with their own kind/own people. And Mercy's not one of Stefan's people, nor does she want to be. She's his friend nothing more. So if push came to shove, I think he'd pick Marsilia.

Lorikeet

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 03:14:47 am »
Hi,
first I have to say: I'm new here. (Hi to everybody) I've read all the Mercy Books (bone crossed in english the other ones in german). I hope I will not make too much mistakes, for english is not my native speech.

And now I will start to discuss  ;)

No I don't think he would pick Marsilia any longer, because what she had done to him in a short time was now once too much. She abused him in a cruel way. The only friendly thing was, that she hadn't kill his sheep/people. Marsilia herself is no more the same Vampyre as she was. Thats what we heard often from Andre and others. So I think feelings for Marsilia began to change in Stefan. Perhaps he starts his own seed, because isn't there a vacant place now (Blackwood is dead!)?

Greetings

zallin11

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 08:27:35 am »
Does anyone know if this will be more clarified in the fifth book?
Because, i am still confused over his feelings for Mercy...it seems like his love for her goes pretty deep and not in a friendship way...personally he is actually my favorite character in the series because he always stands by the ones he cares for and battles constantly his true nature. I just hope to read much more about him...

It would be terrible if he were put in a situation where he has to chose between Mercy and Marsilla, since the honor for them is not in the same realm of emotions

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 10:38:29 am »
Does anyone know if this will be more clarified in the fifth book?
Because, i am still confused over his feelings for Mercy...it seems like his love for her goes pretty deep and not in a friendship way...personally he is actually my favorite character in the series because he always stands by the ones he cares for and battles constantly his true nature. I just hope to read much more about him...

It would be terrible if he were put in a situation where he has to chose between Mercy and Marsilla, since the honor for them is not in the same realm of emotions

Me too! There's more to find out about Stefan - he's still a mystery. And he sticks to his guns.

I wouldn't like to se him choose between Mercy and Marsilia - everything he feels, everything he is will be a mass of confliction, but on his honor I still think he'd pick Marsilia - she was there first. But if Mercy was killed (by the vampires) he'd go off his rocker.

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 12:47:34 pm »
I think Stephan does like Mercy.  :)
Dangers bring fears, and fear more dangers bring.

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 01:32:23 pm »
I don't think he would stick with Marsilla.  I think he would try to defuse the situation but ultimately, I think he would side with Mercy.  She helps him remember his humanity and I think that is extremely important to him.  Plus I think that since Marsilla destroyed most of his people and threw him under the bus, he will be less likely to take her side should there be some risk to someone he views as good (Mercy).

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 02:57:56 pm »
That is a good point and I hope it is right. It might be a disaster if he has to choose though.
Dangers bring fears, and fear more dangers bring.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 11:19:06 pm »
Just doing some re-reading of "Bone Crossed", and it occurred to me, beyond Stefan's regard for Mercy as a person, one he's got some kind of crush on, that (after also re-reading from "Frost Burned" and "Blood Bound") while Marsila may crave werewolf blood, there seem to be some vampires (beyond The Monster's ability to share the traits of those he feeds upon) who crave walker blood.  Stefan... kept his link to her, much to her displeased discovery in "Frost Burned", and twice, once in BB & again in FB, Wulfe comments on wanting to taste her blood.

Opinions?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 01:49:39 am »
I'm half agreeing with you Patti that it is some sort of attraction to walker blood. This would not have been discovered until the vampires came to the new world.

I do believe Stefan is attracted to Mercy beyond her supernatural blood. But the blood could also be a bonus.

I am also wondering about vampire flirting. :-\

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 11:26:10 pm »
I believe Stefan likes Mercy because she is Mercy like all the other paranormal people. I can follow the idea that the vampires are attrected to Walker blood  :)
[/url]

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 11:48:28 pm »
I agree. Also if I remember correctly (which given that i haven't had my morning coffee yet which could put things in doubt:))  in river marked, coyote said that he remembered Stefan when he was being introduced. Also stefan said he hadn't fought any walkers in a long time. Could it be that as Stefan fought with other walkers he had this attraction to their blood as you said.

Also another thought that has just come to me is Mercy is Coyote (almost) daughter. Does this mean her blood is stronger? (Stefan having already tasted it which formed a link.) The same can be said about Wulfe. In blood bound Mercy bled on his chair and then in frost burned he said "I've always wanted to taste your blood from the source".  This sound like to me that her blood is addictive. But then Wulfe does like to play his games.

Either way Stefan does appear to value their friendship. I think deep down he does like her as more than a friend but he knows its hopeless because of Adam and the wolves.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 08:19:01 am »
I think it is - and Stefan knows it is - hopeless because he's freakin' dead, and Mercy is alive.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

butterfly_sarah

• Tool Wrangler
Stefan and Mercy
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2015, 05:27:36 pm »
Am I the only one who wants Mercy and Stefan to be together? :-' But I know that would never happen seems like her and Adam are pretty solid,, but here's hoping...

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2015, 12:55:42 pm »
I wouldn't mind if Stefan and Mercy were an item for a time, especially after Night Broken. I actually feel bad for Stefan, but seeing the nature of "the vampire" I probably shouldn't.