Author Topic: [Mercy #4] Bone Crossed Discussion  (Read 155261 times)

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
Re: Bone Crossed Discussion
« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2009, 10:07:31 am »
Ah, I see.
Well, I think the idea of Sam hiting on Mercy was creepy enough if you follow it through but far as I recall nothing actually happened so we can count that as a lapse.
But hitting on Jesse would be nothing short of suizide (not to mention immoral). :D

Though, I guess it becomes more difficult to build out sound morals as immortal among mortals.
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

SiFiFan

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #196 on: February 13, 2009, 12:06:15 pm »
Question - On page 295 the oakman tells Mercy that (the fairy staff) "..follows you because it owes you service. And because it likes you."

Can anyone explain why the staff owes her service? I don't remember Mercy doing anything special for the staff, it just started following her around.

Anyone know the answer?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2009, 12:12:02 pm »
Maybe because she helped the fae?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2009, 12:17:59 pm »
Killing Tim? - the staff was with the fae that was murdered, and Tim was one of the people behind the killing.
Or it sees Mercy as a worthy master- in the stories the stick only turned against the people who took advantage of it. Mercy has been referred to as a hero I think its attracted to that. Also she is worried for its safety while she was at Blackwood's  house and I bet it never had a master who felt like that before ;D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2009, 12:26:14 pm »
Actually, didn't the staff start following her around while she was investigating the murder that Zee was charged with? I figured that the staff liked that she was trying to help the fae.

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Temari

« Reply #200 on: February 14, 2009, 12:24:14 pm »
I agree with Kate - the first time it met her was very early on, so perhaps it was acting on her thoughts and intentions?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2009, 09:55:44 am »
I think that is right about the stick- Nifty raised a really good point about Mercy being pure hearted and Uncle Mike has reffered to her as a hero - so perhaps the stick is also attracted to those traits as well. Lugh from the legends sounds like a hero and perhaps Mercy reminds the stick of him maybe :D

I forgot to mention this in one of my earlier posts! But do you think we will see more of Courtney. Although she paid for the paints and the labour for her graffiti - I dont think that is the last we will see of her.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2009, 10:04:04 am »
I think Courtney will continue to make trouble.  Unless or until someone sits her down with that damned video.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2009, 10:08:04 am »
That is what I was thinking :( - even though there is clear evidence that Tim killed Austin which he admitted to the tape.

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2009, 10:27:50 am »
I think Courtney will continue to make trouble.  Unless or until someone sits her down with that damned video.
And even that may not help, if she's stuborn enough she will find other ways to lie to herself and make the world conform to her view.
I guess it may well be that we will encounter her again in league with some radical group, why she could even go and hook up with Adam's ex. :D
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2009, 11:15:16 am »
And Zee's lawyer and her group. . .
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2009, 12:07:16 pm »
Patty did say shes got more plans for that lawyer and especially high profile Mercy is getting from the fallout from Tim and being linked with Adam. I think they are definitely targets from a hate group like them and I can see Courtney adding fuel to the fire so to speak.

Temari

« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2009, 01:35:33 pm »
I agree. I think Courtney won't attack again directly but will stir up trouble elsewhere.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2009, 03:44:44 am »
I forgot about the lawyer in Iron Kissed! If that many enemies did not mean more books I would feel sorry for Adam and Mercy :D
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #209 on: February 16, 2009, 04:06:11 am »
I know poor Mercy especially- I bet Adam or Sam for that matter wouldnt be happy that Mercy actually told her who she was to that lawyer.
But I wonder how the John Lauren society will regard the werewolves - will they consider them as a threat or just monsters.