Author Topic: [Mercy #4] Bone Crossed Discussion  (Read 155233 times)

Letitia

• Mechanic
Re: Bone Crossed Discussion
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2009, 08:53:40 am »
:D - definitely join us in the books section lhasser!

You will have to direct me on where to go - still getting used to navigating around the forum.
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-        "MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT."
    ¸.·´   .·´¨¨))     Adam Hauptman, Moon Called
  ((¸¸.·´  ¸.·´ -:¦:-                                               -:¦:-

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2009, 09:26:20 am »
I think as long as Mercy doesnt take the stick for granted I think it will be okay. I think the stick will cause something with the pack! She is co alpha and I wonder what the pack and matebond will also be affected. She is a coyote after all and they attract chaos and mayhem :D

Hm. You know, the stick causes sheep to have twins. Maybe it will cause the pack to start having twins? :D

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2009, 09:49:03 am »
Uh, maybe Mercy is going to have twins. xD

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2009, 09:55:03 am »
How about weresheep :D

-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2009, 09:55:13 am »
Uh, maybe Mercy is going to have twins. xD

Well...Mercy was a "sheep," at least for a little while.  While she and Adam had sex, at least, she was still Stefan's "sheep."  (The blood-bond between Stefan and Mercy was broken at the end by Blackwood's feeding on her again.)
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2009, 10:36:08 am »
You know thats a really interesting point- its like Mercy is at the centre of all these type of bonds and magic- vampire/werewolf/even fae with the stick and the cup. They all affected her but what if she somehow affects them back in some ways. Blackwood fed on her to gain control of ghosts, and I wonder if Stefan got a temporary boost in powers about that.

The interesting developments is definitely going to be the pack and the mate bond though :D

-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2009, 10:40:32 am »
I just wanted to acknowledge that Sam needs a bit of good news on the romance front eventually to prevent a very ugly descent into despondency and madness.  Since he deserves better than that, consider the fairy godmother duly summoned, with her magic wand fully charged.

Which was just perfect, Mike.  (Hence the startling glomp.  ;) )  For the rest of it, I've never been disappointed by one of Patty's stories yet, so I don't expect I will be this time.  Just think how boring it would be to read stories where you already know how they're going to turn out!  :)

On a totally separate note, about the walking stick.  Was I the only person who thought it might have healed Mercy after Blackwood beat her up and she thought he might kill her?  She was holding the stick for a long time, and then she was much less badly hurt than she expected to be. 
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2009, 10:42:35 am »
Was I the only person who thought it might have healed Mercy after Blackwood beat her up and she thought he might kill her?  She was holding the stick for a long time, and then she was much less badly hurt than she expected to be. 

Oh...I credited the mate-bond for that.  Werewolves heal quickly, so I thought that Mercy was picking up on some of the pack-mojo through the mate-bond, and that was why the bruises were fading even as she watched them.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2009, 10:49:18 am »
That is what I was thinking Nifty!!!

Or it could be the vampire blood- but I think Mercy might use the pack bond/mate bond in a similar way that Mariposa shared with Asil's mate.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2009, 11:03:25 am »
I was thinking too it was the vampire influence both Blackwood sucking on her neck and Stefan. *shivers*
Hurog Means Dragon.

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2009, 11:08:15 am »
I was thinking too it was the vampire influence both Blackwood sucking on her neck and Stefan. *shivers*

Well...the only reason I didn't think it was the vampire influence was that (my understanding was that) Blackwood severed Stefan's bond with Mercy when he started feeding off her again (the 2nd time).  And Mercy severed Blackwood's bond with her when she killed him.  So at the end of the book, she's no longer tied to either vampire, and is only tied to Adam and the wolves. 

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2009, 11:16:07 am »
But it could still be a factor though because she fed from the blood- it more like a cell regeneration thing?
This is so a question for Patty - but I bet we get the evil grin lol

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2009, 11:45:20 am »
Yeah, count me among those who thought she healed faster because she had just taken in Blackwood's blood. But the other possibilities are intriguing as well.

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2009, 12:40:07 pm »
Maybe it has been a mix of all three?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2009, 01:36:18 pm »
I found a really interesting link that explains who Lugh is in mythology - also the job interview is great! :D

http://www.godchecker.com/gotw/007_lugh.php