Author Topic: [Mercy #4] Bone Crossed Discussion  (Read 158447 times)

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
Re: Bone Crossed Discussion
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2009, 12:53:13 am »
I just loved the interaction between Adam and Mercy. Still teasing in places, but also very caring and tender... and I just adored Adam for how he dealt with Mercy's panic attacks and issues.

How he brought her into the pack was a great moment, IMO... it just shows how much he loves her, he got so scared he didn't think of pack laws or anything else, he just wanted her to be safe and his.

GW  WK  WH

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2009, 02:05:12 am »
I know!!!!

I wonder if Mercy's Coyote effect will have any interesting repercussions as well in the pack bonds. I didnt expect her that she would actually join the pack itself but it does make sense in a way. And I wonder how other wolves outside the pack will feel about that as well because they are all linked via Bran. And I bet Leah and a few others arent happy about this at all- would Adam and Bran have to deal with the fallout from other wolves? Other than dealing with the tension within his own pack.

I also wonder what type of  bond gift they are going to share as well. I bet its something really surprising and interesting ;D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
  • To live is to dance, to dance is to live.
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2009, 02:10:33 am »
Oh, yes, I never thought of that, but I think Leah will be royally pissed!!! :o Not only can Mercy have kids, she's now part of the pack(s), which makes her even more Bran's daughter than she was before, sort of. Leah will absolutely resent that!!
Check out my aspiring-writer's blog: http://mylinesmylife.blogspot.com/

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2009, 02:22:59 am »
Ohhhhhh explains why Bran looked tired and exhausted because I bet she gave him a piece of her own mind to him about that!
And I think that is Leah's main resentment towards Mercy - yep the possibility of having werewolf children because then she might as well resent human women as well if that was main reason. But the main reason is that Bran LOVES Mercy like his sons and he doesnt allow alot of people to get close to him like that. Its something that Leah cant have and hates Mercy because of that as well as her being a coyote!

Its funny but when Mercy talks to her mother about Sam and being an outsider because she felt like one herself - shes not one anymore and she never really was. And I loved Adam's explanation about other weres facing prejudices inside the pack but then we all have that in families. :D                                                                                                                        
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 07:37:56 am by Patti L. »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2009, 05:12:55 am »
Whew! I finally finished it without succumbing to the spoiler thread!!!

I agree that this book had a entirely different vibe. Adam and Mercy both were so much more relaxed and real to me. I don't think any of us could maintain that state of perpetual "tension" without snapping so it's good to see that they've gone a bit 'loosey goosey'.  :D

Her naked behind wiggling in the air was more than amusing. I wasn't disappointed with the love scene at all. I thought it was sweet and tender, as it should have been after her rape. I love that he's helped her create new memories to override the horrible ones. That's what healing is all about, eh?

I got a huge kick out of the 'Wait, I'm in the middle of a revelation" line.  :D That, and the 'thank you' speech she gave Adam. Both made me love Mercy just a little bit more for realizing the gifts in her lap.

I do feel that the poor girl has been brutalized physically more than any of us could possibly stand without ending up a bit, 'wabbit.' I hope she gets a substantial break before Patty sends her on another adventure. It'd be nice for them to have a little stretch of 'happy and quiet' before the next drama.

Thank you, Mike, for the reassurances that Sam will find love. I don't think I could survive his mental breakdown. I LOVE SAM SOOOO MUCH!!!! (Crying like Holly Hunter in Raising Arizona)

Also, I think it was an interesting tidbit that the mate bond could be disolved........(pursing lips and thinking of Bran and Leah)  :-X
Damn it, I am pleasant!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2009, 07:22:28 am »
Hey, I had an amusing thought.

Now, be aware that I haven't actually had a chance to finish reading the REAL version yet and get the 'Mercy, the walking stick, lambs' thing in its entirety. 

Nonetheless, it struck me that Patty Briggs has some influence in that department too. 

Because,

wait for it,

this board is full of twins too!
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Letitia

• Mechanic
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2009, 07:24:39 am »
Hey, I had an amusing thought.

Now, be aware that I haven't actually had a chance to finish reading the REAL version yet and get the 'Mercy, the walking stick, lambs' thing in its entirety. 

Nonetheless, it struck me that Patty Briggs has some influence in that department too. 

Because,

wait for it,

this board is full of twins too!

*confused* Huh? I think I missed something...
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-        "MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT."
    ¸.·´   .·´¨¨))     Adam Hauptman, Moon Called
  ((¸¸.·´  ¸.·´ -:¦:-                                               -:¦:-

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2009, 07:29:40 am »
Ah, an in joke, I'll have to get it into the "Tribal Knowledge" area. Basically, several of us here, because of perceived similarities, have declared each other long lost twins.  I'm twinned to charmed, Has and - is it Good Mazoku? have declared themselves twinned, and so on.  Sometimes there are 3 or more of us in one twin pack!  :D

Letitia

• Mechanic
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2009, 07:31:53 am »
Aah - I see, I see. How sad to be untwinned.  :P
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-        "MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT."

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2009, 07:34:42 am »
Keep posting, especially in the book recommendation area and Patti's Place, that's where you're most likely to find your lost twins!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2009, 07:35:18 am »
Pssst I can claim you if you want! :D

better go back on topic :S

I wonder if the stick will use those lamb/flock elements since it seems to crop up so much. In many ways Mercy is in charge of a flock right? :D

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2009, 07:38:28 am »
I like how Mercy is developing a relationship with the fairy walking stick. It's like it's a little puppy that's following her around. A very helpful puppy. :D
Hurog Means Dragon.

Letitia

• Mechanic
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2009, 07:43:59 am »
Pssst I can claim you if you want! :D

Yay! Now I know how Mercy must have felt!  ;)

I like how Mercy is developing a relationship with the fairy walking stick. It's like it's a little puppy that's following her around. A very helpful puppy. :D

It is the cutest walking stick I've ever heard/read about! I just hope it doesn't get a mean streak in it as it did with past owners. She has no flock of sheep, but she does have a pack of weres.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2009, 07:50:16 am »
:D - definitely join us in the books section lhasser!

I think as long as Mercy doesnt take the stick for granted I think it will be okay. I think the stick will cause something with the pack! She is co alpha and I wonder what the pack and matebond will also be affected. She is a coyote after all and they attract chaos and mayhem :D

Demi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2009, 07:51:33 am »

Not to be spoilerish . . . but Patty's got someone very nice all picked out for Sam.  Don't know if there's little wolves in the future, but she's VERY long-lived, so he needn't be alone again.  And now, I'll shut up before Patty biffs me.  Just thought you should know.
Thank you so very much for this!!! I was worried about him. Thank you!
Addicted to the tales from the Bard of Hurog