Author Topic: [Mercy #4] Bone Crossed Discussion  (Read 158615 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Bone Crossed Discussion
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2009, 08:45:39 am »
*buffs nails/talons modestly*
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Letitia

• Mechanic
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2009, 09:43:39 am »
i did get the impression that walkers had a longer lifespan, but it could have been the blood exchanges.

I like the thought that they are granted a longer lifespan, cuz I want Mercy to be around for a long while, and have a chance to spend a long time with Adam.  ;D

I think Walkers probably could have as long a lifespan as weres, if not for two things: 1) They seem to be loners by nature, no packs to speak of, and 2) They have a knack for finding trouble and causing trouble just as their wild kin.

Mercy obviously fits into the second part but she has found a pack to be a part of... So, her odds at a long life are improved. :)
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-        "MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT."
    ¸.·´   .·´¨¨))     Adam Hauptman, Moon Called
  ((¸¸.·´  ¸.·´ -:¦:-                                               -:¦:-

Letitia

• Mechanic
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2009, 09:45:38 am »
Yeah, for sure. Sam needs someone, a family, someone who can be what he wanted Mercy to be. But then again, I wonder how that could be done without seeming sort of deus ex machina. But we must trust in Patty.

*smirk silently*

Don't smirk silently! If you know something, Patti, please PM me!!!
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-        "MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT."
    ¸.·´   .·´¨¨))     Adam Hauptman, Moon Called
  ((¸¸.·´  ¸.·´ -:¦:-                                               -:¦:-

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2009, 09:47:58 am »
I'm accidentally privy to something I'm not sure about the ethics of repeating, but I have my flaws, I smirked.  *hides head in shame*

I adore Samuel.  That was a cruel smirk.  Now I'm hanging by my thumbs.  :'(  ;) :D
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2009, 09:52:46 am »
Ditto! And we don't even know if we will find out in the next book! I'm guessing Patty maybe slipped something in when she and Mike had supper with Patti? In which case... maybe Patty slipped it in on purpose so Patti can tell us!
Buahahahaha!
Like I can't rationalise things >:D
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2009, 10:24:34 am »

Regarding Sam, I just want to cuddle him and never let go. My gosh, who saw his pain when he was looking at what 'could' have been his. I hope someone comes along soon, and makes Sam happy. He really needs it.

Not to be spoilerish . . . but Patty's got someone very nice all picked out for Sam.  Don't know if there's little wolves in the future, but she's VERY long-lived, so he needn't be alone again.  And now, I'll shut up before Patty biffs me.  Just thought you should know.
Where's my super-suit?

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2009, 10:37:48 am »
* GLOMPS startled Mike *   :D

Oh, thank you so much, now I can rest my thumbs - the hanging was killing me!  :D 

Sam's my favorite (I know, we're not supposed to have favorites  ;) ), and I'm so glad Patty's taking care of him.  ;)
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Midangel

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2009, 10:41:58 am »

Regarding Sam, I just want to cuddle him and never let go. My gosh, who saw his pain when he was looking at what 'could' have been his. I hope someone comes along soon, and makes Sam happy. He really needs it.

Not to be spoilerish . . . but Patty's got someone very nice all picked out for Sam.  Don't know if there's little wolves in the future, but she's VERY long-lived, so he needn't be alone again.  And now, I'll shut up before Patty biffs me.  Just thought you should know.

You just made me Squee out loud (and I hate sqeeing) which resulted in me spluttering with my cold and sore throat. :D

All I can say is YAY and add myGLOMPS along with Ellyll. Plus, I hope Patty doesn't biff you.  LOL

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:39:26 am by Midangel »

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2009, 10:43:51 am »
Oh My
Mike you so made my day with that little tidbit - thank you!!!!
Another GLOMP  ;D  :-*

I bet, we get to know about Bran's problems in the Anna novels. :>

Yep that is what I was thinking. I just got the feeling that he was really exhausted and even though rape aftermath and the fallout out of that especially since he regards Mercy as a daughter it would take its toll on him but I think its more. Bet Leah is being naughty perhaps???

Another thing - I also realised something else about Bran and Mercy. I think I raised this with Midangel - I think Bran wasnt as controlling to Mercy as he could be because I think he loves and cares for her as a daughter but also because I think he likes her independent spirit and spunk like the same way as Adam. He can appreciate that he can be himself around her and he knows that she knows what he is really like.
Another thing - Bran asked Mercy to leave to protect her from other wolves who would have realised the same the thing as Sam did. Thats going to cause trouble and alot of tension in the pack- and Sam did state he wanted to claim her before another older wolf did.

-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2009, 10:49:20 am »
Uh, that is great news, thx! ^-^

And yes, I think so, too. Because of Mercy being an insider but still an outcast it is easier for Bran to relax.

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2009, 10:57:45 am »
Bet Leah is being naughty perhaps???

Grrrrr....Leah.   >:(  Grrrr....

(And yay!  Happy news about Sam!  Woot!)
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2009, 11:30:35 am »
Oooo! Thank you Mr. Mike!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Midangel

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2009, 11:41:13 am »
Bet Leah is being naughty perhaps???

Grrrrr....Leah.   >:(  Grrrr....

(And yay!  Happy news about Sam!  Woot!)

I'll add in my growls too! I want to shoo her away from Bran.

x11tech

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2009, 01:16:13 pm »
I have to admit I was kinda disappointed that we didn't get to see the smexy event with Adam and Mercy. I would have loved to read the scene when they were making love. But hey, perhaps next book. :D

Comment intended for the author (Patty):

There is already another author out there who treats all her characters as sex toys.  I'm not opposed to an occasional sexual interlude, but if it becomes anything more than that, I'm going to have flashbacks to another series I already left (in one book I understand one of the books starts with and goes on for an extended amount of time about a single encounter...  no plot at all except related to the drama surrounding who's schlepping whom.)

So, this is the one thing I hope we don't see an excess of in Mercy's stories. 

Edit: And to be honest, I'm fine with "fade to black" treatment.  I don't need the sexual interludes in my books to make them feel "more real" to me.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 01:24:57 pm by x11tech »

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2009, 02:41:57 pm »
Thanks Mike! I'm glad to know Sam's going to get someone. I just hope Patty manages it so it doesn't feel too much like she's just doing it to make us fans happy.