Author Topic: [Mercy #4] Bone Crossed Discussion  (Read 158553 times)

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
Re: Bone Crossed Discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 02:01:23 pm »
You know that was probably her luck. If she hadn't left them, maybe he would've gotten her earlier and without her having Stephan and the Walking Stick for self-defense.. 

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 02:05:37 pm »
Yep definitely!!!
Especially since he was on a lookout for another walker!
Did anyone get the impression that the walkers have a longer lifespan or was it because of the numerous blood exchanges?
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Howl~n~Growl

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 02:46:38 pm »
i did get the impression that walkers had a longer lifespan, but it could have been the blood exchanges.

I like the thought that they are granted a longer lifespan, cuz I want Mercy to be around for a long while, and have a chance to spend a long time with Adam.  ;D
"Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form" - Alexander Skarsgard

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls" - George Carlin

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 03:47:17 pm »
 I like how we were able to learn more of Mercy's abilities, that of being able to control ghosts.

I also thought much of the dialog was just amazing. I mean who else was laughing their head off when Mercy and Adam were talking abuot Medea, every time. ^_^

I like how we're able to see that Adam's ex-wife hurt him, so he was feeling a little vulnerable himself.

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 06:16:44 pm »
For instance- Blackwood has he got ties with the wolves in The Marrok. Has Bran got a traitor? Gerry and his plans and the tranq darts. Tag - Please I hope hes not a traitor. How did he know about something so personal?
Yeah, I think it was mentioned that Blackwood had a ghost spying on the Marrok's area. Gerry came to him because of his reputation with weapons, but he sent Gerry away with no memory of the conversation (according to Blackwood himself, who certainly isn't a reliable narrator!). So I don't think there's a spy in the Marrok's camp. (But I could be all rose-colored glasses on this.)

The vampire with bloody hands- he was definitely more creepy out of all the vamps. Has he got a similar ability as the grandmother vamp?  And it looks like he was using Estelle and Benard to gain access to the Seethe and Marsillia knew it because they wouldnt be able to hold it together. And then her betrayal towards Stefan - it was definitely heartwrenching. Like the Weres it looks like the vampires need those ties and healthy ones to be healthy. I think Stefan's ties to his menagerie and to Mercy and other humans helps him to keep his humanity if that makes sense.

I got the sense that the bloody gauntlets somehow connected the vamp to the truth chair, so that he would "feel" the truth of it and not rely on Wulfe's pronouncement. But yeah, he seemed a scary dude and definitely was up to something. I felt bad for Stefan and, curiously, for Bernard. Bernard did have the best interests of the seethe at heart, and I wonder if Stefan's loyalty will bite him in the butt eventually. Marsilia's nutters.

That scene with Sam was also heartbreaking and that made me concern because it really looks like that Sam was going to lose it even though Mercy felt he was going to be alright :(
Yeah, for sure. Sam needs someone, a family, someone who can be what he wanted Mercy to be. But then again, I wonder how that could be done without seeming sort of deus ex machina. But we must trust in Patty. :)

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 06:24:34 pm »
I wonder if Mercy will ask Sensi Johnson to teach her Nagita kata for use with the walking stick? What does the Oak tree mean a new alliance for her, more spy by the fae, or is Oakman just hanging around to repay him. will the Oakman teach Mercy more about the walking stick and it's maker?
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 06:25:45 pm »
Yeah, for sure. Sam needs someone, a family, someone who can be what he wanted Mercy to be. But then again, I wonder how that could be done without seeming sort of deus ex machina. But we must trust in Patty.

*smirk silently*
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 06:28:46 pm »
I wonder about the oak too, was that the oakman, or somehow did he transplant the tree that had told him Mercy would save him?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 06:32:27 pm »
I believe that the sapling IS the oakman, Zealith.

Kravbeast

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 06:34:38 pm »
Just a short note to say that I loved this book...BUT I wanted more loving between Mercy and Adam. The only thing I am dissapointed with is that my book will not be autographed because Ms. Briggs's tour is not coming to my state. :'(

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 06:35:32 pm »
I believe that the sapling IS the oakman, Zealith.

That's what I thought, too, Patti.

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 06:39:44 pm »
I didn't even think of it until gryphon340 mentioned it.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 06:51:40 pm »
I hope the oakman will teach her more about the stick and He who made it.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 06:59:23 pm »
I think if who ever had written the book knew about the fae who'd made the stick they would have mentioned it.

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 07:02:58 pm »
Lugh is a pretty major figure in Celtic mythology, actually. But that's a good point. Maybe they didn't know who made it.