Author Topic: [Mercy #4] Bone Crossed Discussion  (Read 158932 times)

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
Re: Bone Crossed Discussion
« Reply #225 on: February 22, 2009, 11:21:10 am »
Or... now that Mercy is growing in her powers does she have any other hidden talents starting to make themselves known? Like accelerated healing?
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2009, 11:22:59 am »

Does anyone get the impression that a lone vampire is as bad as a lone wolf?

Good point, Pendle; it does seem that way from the examples we've seen, doesn't it?  I wonder if Lily the musician had a period when she was essentially alone, and it's contributed to her problems?

I seem to remember that as soon as Lily rose the vamp that made her was executed and Lily was kept because of her talent with the piano? I had not received the impression that there was any time between her turning and her maker's execution.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2009, 11:27:44 am »
Ohhhh good point about that- Its like she discovers something about her powers or they get unlocked especially when she does something worthy. Maybe this is why the other Walkers have stayed away to see what direction she goes into- like the other walker whose powers diminished because of his past sins.

Although I am not sure if Mercy will have accelerated healing ala werewolves/vamps, but I do think that the pack/mate bonds and the vampire blood helped her to heal.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #228 on: February 22, 2009, 11:31:02 am »
Yeah I'm not convinced that accelerated healing (that fast anyway) would be one of the powers that may pop up now, but I thought it might be an interesting idea.

I like how you took it one step farther though. Isn't there a thread somewhere that says we may find more walkers in book 6? That leaves one book for more powers then one or more walkers reveal themselves to her?
Now I'm going to wonder for a while :D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #229 on: February 22, 2009, 11:39:10 am »
Well I mentioned this before but I think Walkers are able to travel into different realms hence their name- Mercy was able to enter that Fae Lord's realm. I think they have the ability to travel in the dreamworld and perhaps even the border between life and death and they do have a link with dead people. Maybe another reason why the Walkers was hunted is that they may have attacked the vampires when they were dreaming perhaps.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2009, 11:41:15 am »
I forgot that bit about travelling between realms!
Good idea about vamps' dreams though.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2009, 12:11:31 pm »
Could be; I don't remember the references to her that closely.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2009, 12:14:39 pm »
I just realised something about the alpha/pack bonds! Adam uses the bonds to help him heal and Mercy is his mate so perhaps there is something to it because she is the co-alpha!

Meaning that Mercy could now heal faster thanks to the mate bond to Adam? :)

If she has acquired the power of accelerated healing through the mate bond then the aging process should also slow down for her. What do you think? Afterall aren't you meant get some kind of gift through the mate bond?

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2009, 12:16:02 pm »
Lilly's meant to have the mental age of a small child. (I think it said that BC.)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2009, 12:18:01 pm »
She already has; she's getting at least some of Adam's thoughts.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2009, 02:29:08 pm »
If she has acquired the power of accelerated healing through the mate bond then the aging process should also slow down for her. What do you think? Afterall aren't you meant get some kind of gift through the mate bond?

Uhm, that's an interesting possibility. :)
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2009, 02:30:39 pm »
And shes part of the pack as well- and that is the first time a non werewolf managed to join one so I bet that adds to the oomph factor as well ;D

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #237 on: February 22, 2009, 03:16:15 pm »

Does anyone get the impression that a lone vampire is as bad as a lone wolf?
[/quote]

I definately saw that when Mercy was talking to Stefan at Adam's he thought he dreamed the blood tie to her the only one left...

Stefan was one of the few that were strong enough on their own not to live in the seethe, and he thought he was totally alone without the connection of those he fed from and Marsilia his maker or is she really his maker?

Then what of Blackwood as a lone vampire he appears to have gone beyond the rules as well when he took on the powers of the ones he fed from and exchanged blood with

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Tanis143

• Grease Monkey
    • My webspace
« Reply #238 on: February 22, 2009, 06:41:23 pm »

Then what of Blackwood as a lone vampire he appears to have gone beyond the rules as well when he took on the powers of the ones he fed from and exchanged blood with

Blackwood was something other than your typical vamp, hence the name "The Monster". His ability to absorb the powers of those he feeds off makes him more unnatural than other vamps. To be honest, I'm not sure why he was alone, but could you imagine how powerful he would be if he had others he could borrow powers from?

And I too do not think Marsilia's actions were out of character. She does what is best for the Seethe. That is why Bernard was spared but Estelle was killed, she sought to betray Marsilia for the sheer want of power. Yes, she is insane, to a point. But she really does what she can to make sure her own survive. In a way, she did what had to be done to prevent the Seethe from being torn apart by feuding vamps. Would Bran have done the same thing? How many times has it been hinted that Bran has killed the innocent to protect his own? In this aspect Marsilia was actually more merciful than Bran. She elected to severe Stephan's link to his flock instead of just killing them.

The only reason that Stephan did not go back right away was because Mercy was put in danger. Not just from Blackwood (that was actually a side plot, Marsilia had no hand in that at all) but she had a literal death warrant put on her place of business, which by Marsilia's admission is much like her second home as no other vampire save Stephan can enter it. If Mercy had not been involved, Stephan would have returned to Marsilia right away. I think that is one of the reason's why she has such a distaste for Mercy, oh and the fact that she's a walker. But, I think its also been eluded that Marsilia see's a bit of herself in Mercy, thats why she said in another place and time she might have liked her.
Um, I guess this is my sig.......

Tanis143

• Grease Monkey
    • My webspace
« Reply #239 on: February 22, 2009, 06:59:13 pm »
D'oh! I really did not mean steak, I ment stake.... um yeah, I did.... I'm sure. Though death by a rare t-bone would be a good way to go!

I like some of the idea's here about Mercy's powers. I do agree though that Mercy being able to kill a vamp just by telling them they are dead is a bit far out there. But, the one about them being able to cross the realms is something a bit meatier though. Remember the Russian Fae commented on how Mercy broke their rules of going to their realm, but did so in the best interest of Fae, so even they are at odd's on how to view her. I'm thinking that because she has been joined with a wolf pack, she is going to be become something that no other walker has ever been. And what if her and Adam have kids? What will they become? That is another reason I think that the Vamps are so wary of her. If she gains strength from the pack bond, had her own powers grow, she could become one of the toughest creatures in the Tri-city area. She not only has the support of the local wolf pack, but she seems to have at least one of the stronger Fae's at her back, and probably the second strongest vampire as a friend as well. Next book should be really really interesting!
Um, I guess this is my sig.......