Author Topic: Those strange ideas that pop into your head. . . What would happen if?  (Read 121807 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
What would happen if Bran discovered some werewolf writing fiction about werewolves, and incorporating real points of information?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Those strange ideas that pop into your head. . . What would happen if?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 10:22:29 pm »
Hmmm... I'd like to think that he would ignore it. After all, no one really would believe it was anything /but/ fiction. He might even see it as a way of easy werewolves into society. Though if it was casting werewolves in a bad light, he'd undoubtably get angry.

Which makes me wonder how werewolf fiction that was written before werewolves came out was treated when they did. Think some of the authors might have been accused of being werewolves themselves? Do you think werewolves and vampires might have become more or less popular characters for books when they fae came out? And would you think the fae would have become more popular in fiction?

Louve_des_bois

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 02:33:43 am »
Your strange idea, is it not the plot of a short story? I cannot remember where I read it, it is was something like the servant of a vamp, writing about his master etc... Needless to say the Vamp master was NOT impress.

But if I were Bran I would try to control the Visual media, Hollywood etc... Nowadays people WATCH more than read. A little vidoe on YouTube and hop! your reputation is destroyed.

I would be interested to hear more on how Bran manage/lead/direct. he seems to have an efficient informations network. Does he have spies? Does he blackmail? Who is his intermediare?
Charles is an enforcer and Sam a healer.
So does he do his under-hand dirty work himself or does he employ werewolves, faes, vamp?

Somehow I do not see werewolves being very capable of politics and delusions, except for Bran.

Great strange idea!  ;D

Litwolf

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 04:30:27 pm »
I could actually see Bran taking aside werewolves who have connections (authors, editors, screenplay writers, directors, etc) and encouraged them to portray werewolves in a good light. There are a lot of movies and books in which werewolves are creatures who kill in cold blood and without thought. Right before werewolves came out into the public eye, Bran might want a best selling book/movie in which the werewolves are gentle and heroic.

Fiction is one thing though. Do you think, once werewolves came out, Bran might encourage someone (maybe Adam since he's being used by the Marrok so much) to write a memoir/autobiography? 'My Life As A Werewolf: Adam Tells All'! ^_^

*I survived the Great Chat Room Explosion of 01/24/09 AND 01/31/09! Did you?*

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 05:01:35 pm »
Not a bad idea!  If a fictionalized version of such a thing had come out ahead of the 'comeout', it might have made the whole 'tearing a certain low-life limb from limb' thing less of a problem.

On the other hand, women who get PMS probably, if someone told them that being a werewolf leaves you about as edgy as that, would probably get it a lot better than most other men would.

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 01:59:15 pm »
On the other hand, women who get PMS probably, if someone told them that being a werewolf leaves you about as edgy as that, would probably get it a lot better than most other men would.

Imagine, having finally the possibility of getting revenge on the dreaded question "are you in those days?", that would acquire a whole new meaning speaking of werewolves... ;D
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Victorymon

• Auto-Zauberer
  • It wasnt me this time... I swear!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 11:17:02 pm »
hmm... the idea about a book or a movie let me think about something else...
I think the werewolves just need some good public relation

the idea about sending one single wolf to a school so every child can see him/her is nice... but its just one little school for the begin

maybe a big campain would help. telling the people that werewolves are friends, not hunters

OK, they need to make it proffessional. Not that, in the end, thousands of humans are looking for werwolves to ask them: please change me, I want to be one of you!

...but I thing a publicity campaign would be better than a book or movie... or maybe the combination of all...

I readed a book about the queen of vampires, here known as betsy, and there a young human makes a book about her. it was a bestseller, everyone wanted it... and the vampires just asking her: are you crazy telling the humans about us?
Hey everyone, watch this, I´m an Artist: http://victorymon.deviantart.com/

bphall76

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 08:50:22 pm »
There's a scene (I think in Cry Wolf) where Anna asks Charles if there's a book she can look all this stuff up in and Charles suggests that she could write one. What if Anna did write a handbook for new werewolves?  How about "Being a Werewolf for Dummies"?  (I like the Dummies books)

Victorymon

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 12:04:53 am »
I writed a shortstoy once about a new werewolve... it was a story about his first night going out with the rest of the pack and what happens to him... when someone write a book it would be like that:

stuff like: dont smell on everything, especially not in garbage cans
you may walk through the mud but you will regret it

oh, and dont forgett: dont eat a rotten rabbit!

I think it would be stuff like that... including infomations like: check your misk collection for stuff you cant hear any longer
perfume and cologne might be good for humans... but your nose dont like it
dont eat everything just because you liked it as a human
stay away from alcohol

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
I just had another of those thoughts.
Mercy isn't going to be mauled and or otherwise have a werewolf attempt to change HER.

But, just from when Charles was born, we know there have been werewolves on the North American continent for over 200 years.  Do you suppose that some time in the past, some OTHER walker might have had a werewolf attempt to change her or him?  What would the results of that have been?  Hmm hmm hmm.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 09:40:59 am »
Interesting... very interesting :D
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Victorymon

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 12:37:00 pm »
hm... very interesting...
if Merci would become a werewolf... would she still be able to change into her coyote-form? or would it be really easy for her to change into wolf-form? or would she not be affected by the moon?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 05:00:01 pm »
What would happen if . . .  Mercy ran into some coyotes while she's out running?  Now she may be smelling of werewolf as well as coyote.  And since she's using the pill, she may smell pregnant too.

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 05:02:15 pm »
Oh my what a concept.

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 12:52:46 pm »
Ew, ew, and EW again!
Howl more, whine less