Author Topic: Will we ever see other were animals?  (Read 7557 times)

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
Will we ever see other were animals?
« on: July 27, 2007, 06:20:34 am »
Hi Patricia!
I still haven't had the occasion to tell you I really love your Mercy's books, so I'll say it here.  :) And thank you for finding the time to answer our questions, we really are one curious bunch...  ;D
But let's get to the point: are there other wereanimals in Mercy's world apart from the werewolves? I have to admit I have a thing for felines, the bigger they are, the more I like them, and something like a werecougar or weretiger would certainly be magnificent...  :-[ Maybe that's the reason I have all fat cats: I'm trying to turn them into little tigers!!  :D
So, thanks in advance for your answer!  :)

Margherita
(Giorgio's second in command or your #1 female italian fan)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 02:07:16 pm by Elle »
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: What about other wereanimals?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 08:23:55 pm »
Yes, there are other wereanimals -- or at least shapeshifters.   I'm not sure about the attachment to the moon.  Before I bring any on, I'll do some more research.  I am sure some of them will come into play before I'm finished.  The best known fox shapeshifters are, of course, Japanese Kitsune -- though there might be others <grin>.

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: bid for a moose walker....
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 08:36:51 am »
I think a moose-walker would be scarier than a werewolf . . .  Not saying I'm going to do it but . . . wow.
Patty

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Werebears
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:17:41 am »
<Grin>  I like the UK covers too :)  Someday when Mike has a lot of free time (not for a while) I'll have to get all the foreign covers up.  I just got the French translation of Dragon Bones in the mail yesterday -- and wow. 

There are other shapeshifters, of course.  But I'm not sure which ones will show up.  I can tell you that not all walkers are coyotes.    A lot of the fae, for instance, have other forms.  I don't think (don't hold me to this) that my other shapeshifters will just be werewolves who turn into deer or elephants.  They'll have their own issues/culture/magic. 

Best,
Patty