Author Topic: Jesse The Werewolf?  (Read 77184 times)

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
Re: Jesse The Werewolf?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 04:05:08 am »
I don't think Adam would allow anyone to change his daughter, as Alpha and father his protective instinks would overrule any reasoning there.

I guess being a werewolf and the added bonus of immortality must be tempting at Jesse age. On the other hand you go trough so many changes as it already is in that part of life, and Jesse did more so than some others, that she probably cherishes this small bit of stability that being just human brings. But then again, seeing Mercy's ability to shift to coyote free of any drawbacks ... well, that's certainly a different story.
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 07:20:28 am »
I'm with Gerd. Given the low percentage of successful were-transformations vs. the high percentage of deaths, I think Adam would be right against it.

Of course, whether Jesse would listen to him if she really made up her mind... that's another story.

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 07:27:09 am »
There was a discussion of this earlier on another thread. 
My guess is that barring something life-threatening or old age, Adam would fight it.  Of course, if Jesse got attacked like Anna, say if she was traveling in Europe --!
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 10:23:57 am »
if that happen there not be a eruo wolf left alive. sourched wolf policy.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 12:06:05 pm »
That assumes it's casual or semi deliberate, Gryphon.
If someone like Justin, who turned Anna was unsupervised, though?  I can see a hunt for that wolf, yes, and maybe some general housecleaning of Europe, but no, the Euros would seriously fight back.
Or African, or Asian; whatever.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 12:28:40 pm »
I can see Adam not letting Jesse change until she starts getting old. Then he will realise he is going to lose her and may not be so stubborn.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 12:55:37 pm »
Adam wouldn't care he wipe them out, with a little help from David.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 02:06:14 pm »
I disagree; he knows perfectly well that there are abbarant individuals; it was one such that turned him & David, after all.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 02:07:42 pm »
Overprotactive father, not one left live.
life is terminal

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 05:56:59 pm »
Well, I'm sorry, I disagree.  Control freak Alpha, taking care of his whole pack, deed done, daughter alive & able to join his pack?
Surgical strike is still my opinion.

If she died, I could see the whole Columbia Basin pack getting behind that, but not if Jesse survived.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 06:01:49 pm »
I have to agree with Patti here. (Sorry Gryph :-*) I can see Adam really wanting to go berserk and wanting to kill them all. But I don't think he would actually kill them, hurt them badly yes. But as Alpha he is too much of a politician (for a werewolf) to do anything irreperable.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien

OTenshi

• Mechanic
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2008, 06:25:00 pm »
Normally I'd agree with Gryph, but Adam is fourth strongest alpha in the US.  You don't get to hold that title for as long as he has without stupid amounts of self control and restraint.

He'd have everyone involved with changing her turned into fur rugs, but he wouldn't go all "Scorched Wolf" on the whole continent.
I think I'm allergic to seriousness.  I seem to break out in hives every time I try it out.

OTenshi

• Mechanic
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008, 07:06:36 pm »
E brought up the reaction when Jesse was bullied by humans, and I promised a reply here.  Then I got distracted by customers, so I'm late.

When Jesse was attacked by those punks Adam was already strained by having the 'hole' from Mercy being declared his mate, but not accepting or denying it.  Honey mentioned how he took all of the negative effects on himself, how that left him off balance and not as controlled as he normally was.  I think now that he's getting resilution with Mercy (as implied by the teaser chapter) he would be much better able to control himself.
I think I'm allergic to seriousness.  I seem to break out in hives every time I try it out.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 07:08:23 pm »
Hmm.  Good point.  :D
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 07:11:25 pm »
Also. He was totally pissed off but he did not press the point even though he knew Mercy knew the scent of the kids... so that shows even more restraint