Author Topic: Jesse The Werewolf?  (Read 77199 times)

gryphon340

• Mechanic
Re: Jesse The Werewolf?
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2008, 08:46:59 pm »
She almost too young to drool, beside she got Mercy's shop boy wrapped around her finger almost as tight as her Father.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2008, 08:52:56 pm »
She almost too young to drool,

Juliette was about 13 remember! And I hate to tell you but I started drooling in grade 3 ;D.

beside she got Mercy's shop boy wrapped around her finger almost as tight as her Father.

She is young and female. She may like Gabriel alot but she will definitely notice the wolves. You drool without being serious about it you know ;)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

OTenshi

• Mechanic
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2008, 08:56:32 pm »
After being kidnapped by them, and seeing what some did to her father I seriously doubt she has that many dilusions left about their lifestyle.
I think I'm allergic to seriousness.  I seem to break out in hives every time I try it out.

The Deposed King

« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2008, 07:48:17 pm »
Yes, although having Mercy be the one who knew might have been the one thing that kept him from flipping out.  Her effect in that situation could be attributed to either side of the arguement.

Adam knows that if he's over protective he could cause a rift with his daughter.  In most cases he probably couldn't restrain himself as he's the sole parental person looking out for her and he basically would have to act and once he started to act would over react.

But with Mercy his potential 'mate' dealing with part of the situation, he can avoid the sort of over protectiveness which might start driving his daughter out of his life, while at the same time have someone he trusts monitoring the more sensitive parts of the situation.  And of course having Mercy act as more of a parental/mother figure to his daughter, helps tie her more closely to himself and his family.  Showing a lack of trust in mercy is more likely to harm both his relationship with her and his daughter than anything else.  And he had other avenues of discovering what went on as needed.

The Deposed King

alan

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2009, 03:09:53 pm »
I think if Jesse was Changed she be to stubborn to die without a huge fight.  And i dont think Adam could stop her from wanting to be Changed because she's just like him.  If it came down to it and she was old and starting to die perhaps Adam would change his mind because the threat of losing her to the Change was less hurtful then letting her die slowly from old age.  If he had a way to save his only child i think he'd do it.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2009, 03:21:35 pm »
By that point there will be a good chance she won't be his only child.

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2009, 04:07:25 am »
I can't see Adam agreeing to let Jesse change.  It would have to happen as an attack that Adam couldn't stop, or behind Adam's back.  Once the change happened and she was going to live, well, he might short-term be angry, but would get over it fast.  He's old enough to have seen his contemporaries age and die, and he won't want that to happen to his daughter.  I don't think he would go beserk about the change.

However, he might lose it totally if the change failed.  It fails most of the time, and women are more likely than men to die. 

Supposing it succeeds, I wonder if Jesse would be dominant or submissive, or how dominant she'd be.  She manages to stand up to Adam's rage over the incident Gabriel saved her from, where the teenagers from her school attacked her.  That would take a lot of fortitude, especially for a kid.

Regarding speculation I've seen on the other threads about Jesse/Samuel, I don't think she'd be the right mate for Samuel.  Aside from all of the age considerations, Jesse is exasperated with her father's protectiveness.  I think he'd try to treat Jesse the same way, and it would make her unhappy. 

I'd love to, eventually, after the whole Mercy and Anna series end, see a series around Jesse.  I think, 10 years from now, she might do pretty well with Ben.  Jesse needs to grow up and Ben needs to heal.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2009, 05:58:28 am »
Jesse's personality is frankly more Coyote, less wolf, so I wonder how that could work out, on the dominance issue.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

The Deposed King

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2009, 08:39:15 am »
Jesse's personality is frankly more Coyote, less wolf, so I wonder how that could work out, on the dominance issue.

It seems to me the very change of becoming a were wolf and then later being in a pack structure, mean that if you were a round peg going into things.  You will be forced through their square hole.  So even if you were originally without sharp edges or sides, the square hole you're put through shaves off your smooth even surface and you end up more appropriately were-wolf personality looking.

She'd be changed by the experience that's a given.

The Deposed King

alan

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2009, 10:38:04 am »
I think, 10 years from now, she might do pretty well with Ben.  Jesse needs to grow up and Ben needs to heal.

Ohhh, I never thought about that fully.  That'd be interesting, but would Adam let her and him?  I mean he knows that Ben is an *ss would he let her be with him?  Or even let him turn her?

IvyBRT

• Tinker
    • Book Reader Times
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2009, 03:34:31 pm »
Hmm... I don't think that they will change Jesse in to a wolf, but I do think that she will end up with a wolf as a partner. ;D ???

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2009, 03:41:24 pm »
I think, 10 years from now, she might do pretty well with Ben.  Jesse needs to grow up and Ben needs to heal.

Ohhh, I never thought about that fully.  That'd be interesting, but would Adam let her and him?  I mean he knows that Ben is an *ss would he let her be with him?  Or even let him turn her?

Think about how Ben seemed almost hurt that Darryl, Adam and Mercy all wanted to keep Jesse away from him.  Obviously, Ben has deep issues.  Adam said that being a wolf would give you time to deal with issues, or time to destroy yourself.  If Ben deals with his issues and becomes a better person, why not?  Obviously, this would have to happen much, much later in the series.  Ben has certainly come a long way so far, from suspected rapist, to a man who stopped rapes, took a bullet and put himself in harms way to save others, and made himself vulnerable to help Adam and Mercy after the attack.  He's improving. 

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2009, 02:45:23 am »
Hmm... I don't think that they will change Jesse in to a wolf, but I do think that she will end up with a wolf as a partner. ;D ???

Given that according to Freud we are prone to pick partners that remind us of our parents that sounds probable. :)
What ever he will be, I guess she is prone to pick the alpha males, which should lead to an interesting relationship where non is willing to bow down.
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

The Deposed King

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2009, 09:57:40 am »

Given that according to Freud we are prone to pick partners that remind us of our parents that sounds probable. :)
What ever he will be, I guess she is prone to pick the alpha males, which should lead to an interesting relationship where non is willing to bow down.

Freud was a quack.  He advocated the scientific principle(his great contribution to psycology) without really practicing it himself.

But sure she's likely to pick a more dominant than submissive personality for a partner.  An alpha?  Doubtful, there just aren't that many out there and the ones that are are generally much much older than her and the chances of forming a genuine relationship are low.  A future alpha?  Mucn more of a possibility.

The Deposed King

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2009, 09:18:22 am »
I wonder if Jesse will become a werewolf.  I wonder what Adam and Mercy's reaction would be if she asked to become a werewolf.  Such a risky proposition...

Can’t see it happening. Jesse seems sure of herself to a point. She’s a human chameleon, she’s got some insecurities she’s hiding from, but becoming a werewolf is way to permanent. But why do you think she’s hiding?