Author Topic: Mercy and the Aging Question  (Read 78079 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Mercy and the Aging Question
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2015, 10:03:11 am »
Well, I don't think Patty has that in mind, but she didn't have Tim's actions in mind in "Iron Kissed", and look what we've got! 
She does enjoy "playing with her imaginary friends", so she'll be trying to avoid that.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2015, 10:32:21 am »
 :o Really??? WOW I didn't know that and hmmmm I need to be careful for sure from now on when I read her books because Tim's aggression against Mercy have made me cry like a baby the first time I read it :-[ , and also now I skip it when I re-read that book  :-' :-' :-' but I make sure to enjoy every single time his death, that always cheer me up a lot

lonewolfPhila

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2015, 10:53:24 pm »
The way I understand it is there's really no way of knowing how long Mercy can live. What I mean is according to the story line the vamps made it a point of making sure walkers didn't die of old age. Her half brother is pretty old and still kinda youthful looking. I like that Mercy doesn't have immortality the way weres do and her body vulnerable. It makes her truly heroic. She's not going to shy away from doing what needs to be done because someone might hurt or kill her she'll always risk it all. That's better then finding some sort of immortality through pack magic or something else. Sure Adam might out live her but she might out live him too. It's not like being a werewolf means Adam is the favorite in the live a long life contest.The way I see it is the weaker the hero seems the better it is when they prevail. Loved ones just die sometimes it's part of life and I like that Mercy doesn't let something like certain death for killing Andre at the hands of Marsilia stop her from killing him anyway. Not that she got killed for doing it but she thought they would kill her and that fear didn't stop her it never does. That's one of the things I really love about Mercy. 

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2016, 02:35:23 pm »
Mercy mentioned Adam looking like someone mostly in their early twenties and that seeming to be typical of there werewolves, but I believe she looks exactly like what she is, someone who's in their thirties. I forget how old her brother Gary was said to look, and at what age Mercy will stop at if she is going to live longer. I also wonder why werewolves are strong, heal quickly, stay young looking which age is reversed and are pretty much immortal when Mercy's species seems to have none of those things? Questions about their beginnings I guess and how exactly they came to be so power of creatures.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2016, 10:18:22 am »
The way I understand it is there's really no way of knowing how long Mercy can live. What I mean is according to the story line the vamps made it a point of making sure walkers didn't die of old age. Her half brother is pretty old and still kinda youthful looking. I like that Mercy doesn't have immortality the way weres do and her body vulnerable. It makes her truly heroic. She's not going to shy away from doing what needs to be done because someone might hurt or kill her she'll always risk it all. That's better then finding some sort of immortality through pack magic or something else. Sure Adam might out live her but she might out live him too. It's not like being a werewolf means Adam is the favorite in the live a long life contest.The way I see it is the weaker the hero seems the better it is when they prevail. Loved ones just die sometimes it's part of life and I like that Mercy doesn't let something like certain death for killing Andre at the hands of Marsilia stop her from killing him anyway. Not that she got killed for doing it but she thought they would kill her and that fear didn't stop her it never does. That's one of the things I really love about Mercy.

Agreed.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2016, 11:27:11 am »
Thirded; with the proviso that - I think in River Marked - it mentions that while werewolves in general look in their early to mid twenties, the responsibilities Adam has, and his care for them, make him look 10 years older, so he looks younger when Mercy gets him to herself on the honeymoon, when he sheds that... for a while.
He needs Bran to teach him how to look unconcerned.

Mercy, like the rest of us, could be hit by a runaway car at any time (Gee, like Joe OldCoyote?) and die tomorrow; if she stays (ha ha ha ha ha) away from scary stuff, she could in theory live over a century, like half-brother Gary, but who expects that to happen?

Right.

Probably - probably, given Gary - she'll look about the same age she does now, barring scars.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.