Author Topic: Jesse The Werewolf?  (Read 75308 times)

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
Jesse The Werewolf?
« on: December 04, 2007, 06:05:36 pm »
i dont think jesse would want to be one after seeing all the bad the weres did when they kidnapped her.  i think she won't want to be one

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Jesse The Werewolf?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 06:20:36 pm »
In spite of the years of good memories, and the were who rescued her?  And her dad?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 06:23:29 pm »
yes, i think it will be a while before whe even thinks about it after what that one wolf did to her.   she is definitely scarred.  especially seeing what were's have done to her friends also (warrren) and how they act (warren) when they loose control - she must have heard some of it

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Talking_Mouse

• Grease Monkey
  • Never underestimate the power of words.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 06:33:01 pm »
Adam may also counsel her not to become a werewolf until/unless she has found a male who is high enough in dominance to make he life in the pack enjoyable.  Being owned sexual by the alpha, as a unmated female, is not what I think Adam would want for his daughter. 

She may also not think the risk/reward ratio is that good.  More females than males die instead of becoming werewolves, so her risk there is high.   She also will not have her father's protection, unless he is her Alpha.  I doubt that, now, she wants her dad as her Alpha.  For any American teenager having her father being able to give a command and she has to obey it would be the pits.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 06:42:04 pm »
Fortunately, this probably won't come up for quite some time.  Don't forget, Jessie's a very smart, generally rather normal girl.  She (emotional scarring aside) knows she has time.  She can do all the 'normal' stuff for 30, 40, 50 years, *then* get changed.  And she won't have her mothers regrets of not being able to have children if she has children before she lets herself be tied to some male were.  And then there she'll be, a mom, grand mom, maybe a great-grand-mother, looking 20ish, no arthritis, no osteoperosis, so chance of having a child unexpectedly, or catching a disease from whoever she might manage to see before she's tied to whatever male were -- if the revolution hasn't come, and the mating thing can be put aside.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 06:46:41 pm »
true, but by then the world may know about vampires and not be accepting of any type of preternatural creatures so she may not want to get the rest of her  family involved in that more that she has to because of her dad

then of course there is her mom who, in my opinion, wouldn't allow her to become a were period

courtesy of Has

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 07:02:54 pm »
40 years from now (although legally in 5 or so) she's not going to be able to prevent it, unless she does something to extend her life too.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 07:17:55 pm »
thats true too, and jesse doesn't exactly stick by her mom as much as her dad

courtesy of Has

Pink Elephants

• Tool Wrangler
  • The Pink Elephant Mafia Rules the World
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 08:15:49 am »
I think she might do it just to tick her mom off.

But then not because she is a smart girl. The hair might be her way of rebeling though. I know it would drive my mom nuts.
And now to the feast of Capulet, where Romeo is doomed to meet his Juliet. And where, in a scene of timeless romance, he tries to get into Juliet's pants.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 10:49:23 am »
i hink thats probably as far as jesse will go with her rebelion, i don't think she will really try to become a were with all the consequences

courtesy of Has

Pink Elephants

• Tool Wrangler
  • The Pink Elephant Mafia Rules the World
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 11:03:49 am »
She might tell her mom that she was going to become a were tho just to spin her up.
And now to the feast of Capulet, where Romeo is doomed to meet his Juliet. And where, in a scene of timeless romance, he tries to get into Juliet's pants.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 01:43:30 pm »
I don't think Jessie will do anything so drasatic just to get a rise out off anyone. She's too smart for that. Furthermore, she's too mature for that. She may decide to attempt the change when she's older, but I don't see that happening for at least a few more years.

But then, who knows what may happen in the net couple of books that may change her mind.

There are several scenarios I can think of in which the only way for her to live would be for her to give up her human existance.
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 04:41:21 pm »
ohh interesting developments, that could be a possibility

courtesy of Has

berneynator

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 03:25:44 pm »
And then there she'll be, a mom, grand mom, maybe a great-grand-mother, looking 20ish, no arthritis, no osteoperosis,

Is it specifically stated that old people, when changed, age backward to a peak state? I thought their cells kept regenerating perfect copies of what's already there, but if what's already there is damaged...

Also, on the topic of Jesse wanting to change- I have trouble seeing Adam going for that. He obviously loves her a lot and would be devastated if she died, and not very many women successfully make the change. As I think the 4th most Alpha/dominant male in the US, even if she tried to get someone else to do it she'd probably have a lot of trouble. I also can't see her making the change as a rebellious gesture- she's a smart kid, and taking chances with your life over your curfew or not being allowed to go far away for college is just stupid. She can wait her mother out, and I don't get the feeling she's really rebelling against Adam, even if she enjoys shaking him up once in a while and helping Mercy drive him nuts. On the other hand, if she did decide to make the change and found someone willing to help her, she's smart and strong and willful- exactly the kind of qualities you seem to find in someone who successfully makes the change.

Litwolf

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 05:20:25 pm »
So far, we've never seen Jesse's thoughts about living so close to her father's Pack. Sure, she's been caught in the middle werewolf problems (getting kidnapped by the wolves in MC, at the very least) and she's seen the violent lives the Pack leads (Warren getting very badly injured in BB) but we've also seen her to be very relaxed around Adam's Pack. Jesse said she went right up to Mac when he was in wolf form (a wolf she didnt know) and pet him. And, whenever she talks to Mercy about her being able to change into a coyote, I always get the feeling she says it in a wistful way, wishing she had a power like that.

But Im getting slightly off track.

My point is that she is very at home among werewolves. Obviously, this comes from having an Alpha for a father and, therefore, she is always surrounded by the werewolf way of life. Being able to see both the pros and cons of being a werewolf, do you think Jesse would ever consider attempting the Change to werewolf? More importantly, do you think Adam, her father, would ever let her make her own choice or would he outright refuse to let any of his wolves Change her?

I dont know if she would actually go through with it but I could see this being an issue in a later book; something to inspire a girl talk with Mercy and Honey, maybe?

*I survived the Great Chat Room Explosion of 01/24/09 AND 01/31/09! Did you?*