Author Topic: Suggestions:  (Read 92872 times)

OTenshi

• Mechanic
Re: Suggestions:
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 05:09:32 pm »
What about pens (ballpoint kind)?  I think you can do assorted designs if you buy in bulk, which I would assume would be best if you were selling them.  You could do some with a wolf howling, some with "don't make me show you my lamb" or some such.... catchy little phrases or pictures and the Hurog.com url on them.
I think I'm allergic to seriousness.  I seem to break out in hives every time I try it out.

Litwolf

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 06:47:53 pm »
What about pens (ballpoint kind)?  I think you can do assorted designs if you buy in bulk, which I would assume would be best if you were selling them.  You could do some with a wolf howling, some with "don't make me show you my lamb" or some such.... catchy little phrases or pictures and the Hurog.com url on them.

:D  Oh wow, 'dont make me show you my lamb' cracked me up. Thank you, thank you so much!  ;D

Whats the chance of getting shirts for dogs with the Mercy Garage logo on it? I only dress up my Papillon for warmth because of her thin fur, I usually dont like people dressing up their dogs unless its Halloween, but that would be totally adorable!

*I survived the Great Chat Room Explosion of 01/24/09 AND 01/31/09! Did you?*

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 06:49:51 pm »
OMG.

"Don't make me show you my lamb" Has got to put on something! That is hilarious.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008, 06:52:12 pm »
And "I have an ancient walking stick."
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Talisman Maker

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2008, 03:38:35 am »
And then there's a very different Alpha and Omega at <www.jamesavery.com>

That's actually really cool!

Pens are a good idea, but I think for shipping purposes, it might be a bit expensive.  How many pens would you buy at once?  You would be paying $3.00 S&H for a $1.00 pen...doesn't quite make sense.  Maybe as chachkies for Cons tho...

Negativity is not healthy.  Eat some Phish Food and smile!

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2008, 06:51:33 am »
Here's a silver lamb that's not very expensive.

http://www.100silver.com/p-27370-ch-1798-sterling-silver-sweet-baby-lamb-charm.aspx

Bet these folks could do all kinds of nifty stuff.
Damn it, I am pleasant!

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008, 08:05:26 am »
Pens and similar items are nice, but I tend to think of them as giveaway items rather than something people would want to buy.  I could see doing a high-end pen with one of the cool sayings proposed here, but I'm not sure how many people would want to shell out relatively big money for a pen that's going to get battered anyway.

As an aside, when Patty first started publishing I was inordinately proud of here (and I still am).  When she went to do signings I bought her a very nice Waterman pen.  For the next several books, it got to be a tradition -- she'd get the first books in the mail, and I'd go shopping for a fifty to sixty dollar pen for signings.  Then we noticed that they didn't really write any better than a $5 pen, they were heavy, and they get chewed up riding around her purse with keys and loose change.  Her hands fatigue fairly quickly with a heavy pen, so she went back to cheaper ones.   Not the ten-for-a-dollar stick pens, but something like a Pilot or a Uni.   

I think that, when I make more kitsch, I'd like something that is worth more than it's shipping cost, so people don't feel like I'm taking advantage of them.  That's important to me.   :P  I might, however, look into something like this as a giveaway.  We could use some good chotskies. . .
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 08:07:15 am by Mike Briggs »
Where's my super-suit?

ladyj

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2008, 11:17:06 am »
I really like the coffee mug idea or the one for large sodas (though they were all good ideas). I would buy these right now if they were available. Maybe in large letters it could say: Patricia Briggs on one side and all her series names on the other or wrapping around the mug in a random order.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2008, 11:36:34 am »
That's a nice idea, LadyJ!  I think that as long as we're having fun with the items, we should also be letting people know where the fun comes from.  To be blunt, advertise.  I wear my hoodie half to death, and try to make the logo visible when I can, tell people it's from a book series, try to mention the author.  Author name is important; "Oh, I'm looking for a series with a woman main character, something about werewolves" leads to Kelley Armstrong, as like as not.  But "I'm looking for something by Patricia somebody about a woman main character and werewolves" is far more apt to lead to these.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

OTenshi

• Mechanic
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2008, 02:53:54 pm »
Well, I have to agree with everyone on the pen idea, it isn't realistic.  What about buttons, then?  Same sayings, only on a spiffy little round (generic shape therefore cheaper) button to pin on things?
I think I'm allergic to seriousness.  I seem to break out in hives every time I try it out.

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2008, 02:58:13 pm »
I like the idea of the giant soda mug with the names of the books! We could add dragon pics, a coyote paw, a mask (? I haven't read Masques)... something from Hob's Bargain? I really like that idea!

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2008, 04:32:17 pm »
I like the idea of the giant soda mug with the names of the books! We could add dragon pics, a coyote paw, a mask (? I haven't read Masques)... something from Hob's Bargain? I really like that idea!

I like that too, and i love the lamb saying. I'd buy that one :D
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Omega

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2009, 07:07:29 pm »
hey i was thinking today idk where to put this exactly but you know how your talking about jewelry and whatnot what about making a lamb necklace similar to the one mercy owns??

tangent

• Tinker
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2009, 10:16:22 am »
Pins!  Mike, Pins!   They can go on a hat, a backpack, business suit  :D whatever.  <pinpeddlers.com> 1 800 841 8691 wholesale, does lots of custom designs for dive shops, ski resorts, museum stores etc. as their main business.  The pins can be one color or ornate,  one size fits all, they are light and easy to ship, and very durable.  Let's see, for ideas there's the pawprint tat, the garage design, book titles, or a special pin for forum members to wear at signings, conventions, etc. so we can spot each other.   #1516 is a little lamb, BTW.

tangent

• Tinker
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2009, 10:20:28 am »
Oops -- forgot #15705 --there's already a Welsh dragon, too. <pinpeddlers.com>