Author Topic: Secondary Character Discussion  (Read 21604 times)

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
Re: Secondary Character Discussion
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2009, 12:01:46 pm »
Yes I understand the fact about the ranking of the most dominant, but they each have something to contribute that is useful to the Marrok. Like Anna she will now place an very important role in the Marrok's pack as a peacemaker one who can help keep the wolves in the Marrok's pack to be safe and help cut down on death caused by dominance fights. I just assumed he had his reason for the way some of the things are ran because of the statement Charles made to Anna in CW.

"Anna, don't trust to easily." "If you decide to take da up on his offer to leave, remember he seldom does things for simple motives. He wouldn't be as old as he is, wouldn't hold as much as he does, if he were a simple man. He wants you for his own use."

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2009, 12:03:00 pm »
Yes, that's true, but it's separate from the dominance issue.
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

ShadoWolf

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2009, 05:37:08 pm »
Right. I was speculating about Tag being third in the Marrok pack, not in North American dominence. Though I wonder if now that Asil isn't just waiting to die, he might care more about his pack status.  He already thought to offer himself (rather than Tag) to go investigate the Cabinets in the place of injured Charles.
In regard to dominence... I wonder if Mercy's list took Asil into account? He showed up in Aspen Creek fourteen or fifteen years before CW, which was probably after Mercy left and definitely after her foster father would have been telling her of the ranking.

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2009, 07:00:34 pm »
According to Mercy in BC she was sent back to her mother when she was 16 by Bran. Also Mercy's favorite person to tease int he pack is Tag. Those two have a rather unique relationship to one another.

As for Anna's status. Even tho she is outside of pack positions. She is second because of Charles stats in the pack. Remember the women of the pack inherit their positions from their mates. No female is allowed to be an alpha.

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2009, 08:00:05 pm »
As for Anna's status. Even tho she is outside of pack positions. She is second because of Charles stats in the pack. Remember the women of the pack inherit their positions from their mates. No female is allowed to be an alpha

Your right an female takes her position from her mate, But if her mate is an alpha that makes her the alpha female of the pack. And with that position since she draws her strength from her mate every wolf in the pack must obey her unless her mate says otherwise, Like when Bran told Sage to go meet Anna, and Leah tried to override that authority by telling her to leave. At least that is how it's suppose to be in a normal pack, But in the Marrok's pack Charles and Sam seems to out rank Leah, as we seen in Moon Called she submitted to Sam when he found out that she was hunting Mercy. And in CW when Sage dared her to come back when Charles was home, she said that she would have loved to seen that. And now that Mercy is mated to Adam she is the Alpha female of that pack which she made very clear when Darryl's mate who is second tried Challenged her authority on the way back from meeting with the seethe.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2009, 08:16:45 pm »
I don't think it's so much that Charles or Sam outrank Leah, (although they do have more natural dominance than she does) it's the fact that she's going counter to what Bran would want, and they all know it.  If she persisted in hunting Mercy, and Charles couldn't have stopped her, he could, and would, have thrashed her himself and hauled her in front of Bran, saying why.  She would very possibly, mate or no, have been executed for murder herself at that point.  THAT was why she submitted to Charles.  And it increased her resentment for all of them, Bran, Charles, and Mercy.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2009, 08:19:16 pm »
I thought it was sam, not charles.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 08:20:18 pm »
It was Sam. Patti's brain is mush from working too hard tonight. :D
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2009, 08:28:41 pm »
*splot*
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 08:29:55 pm »
Ooh, my memory worked for once. :)

ShadoWolf

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2009, 09:52:13 am »
But would Mercy's list have taken
Asil
into account?  My thought was that his last pack was not North American, thus he would not have been in Mercy's list.  Charles said Asil is "plenty dominent" and was "unamused to find out that [Charles] really was more dominent than him."

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2009, 02:46:28 pm »
But would Mercy's list have taken
Asil
into account?  My thought was that his last pack was not North American, thus he would not have been in Mercy's list.  Charles said Asil is "plenty dominent" and was "unamused to find out that [Charles] really was more dominent than him."

I think the only way to know that for sure is to ask our hostess, Patty. You could post it in teh "Ask Patty" for this series.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.