Author Topic: Bone Crossed Prints (ALL GONE)  (Read 24162 times)

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
Bone Crossed Prints (ALL GONE)
« on: November 04, 2008, 08:22:49 am »
Prints are Now Available

The prints arrived yesterday, and they're gorgeous.  I was a little worried about how they would manage to reproduce the deep, almost luminous, blues of the sky.  Daniel was a little worried about that as well, which is why he went to several printers trying to get it just right.  Obviously, he found one that could do it.

The overall dimensions are 18" x 24",  and the image measures 13 3/4 inches by 19 7/8 inches.  Each is signed by Daniel in gold ink.

These are not a limited edition printing, so you won't see any "#538 of 5000" type inscriptions.  Actually, Daniel said he's gone that route before and doesn't think it benefits either the artist or the collector.   However, that does not in any way diminish the quality of the prints.

So, as promised, the sale price is $50, plus $7 shipping.  I have no idea what overseas shipping might be.  It's usually at least double domestic, but let's call it $10 if you're outside the US, and I'll cover any shortfall.  We're still trying to get a P.O. box, which has become very difficult in our hyper-secure paranoid world.  After all, anyone who wants to disguise their physical address must be a (gasp) terrorist, right?   Until we get a P.O. box, we can only accept payments via PayPal (briggs@hurog.com), but I'll be happy to hold prints pending payment if you need to send it some other way.

Since I only have ten of these, I'll put people's names on the list as they're claimed.  I seem to remember getting at least one other message from someone who wanted one, but I can't seem to find it . . .

• 1 Charmed
  • 2 Kate
  • 3 Elle
  • 4 Has
  • 5 Howl-n-Growl
  • 6 ebooklover
  • 7 Rob
  • 8 Snoopy
  • 9 Ann
  • 10 ArtAngel

Edit:  This photograph looks a little strange.  I put a pen in the lower right to give a sense of scale, but the light was pretty strong, so it's got a very dark shadow . . .   At any rate, the prints look better than my photo, but at least you can see how big they are.  :P

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 10:56:01 am by Mike Briggs »
Where's my super-suit?

Howl~n~Growl

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Bone Crossed Prints AVAILABLE
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 08:47:50 am »
oh, could you please hold one for me...I don't have pay pal, but I really want one.

Howl~n~Growl
"Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form" - Alexander Skarsgard

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls" - George Carlin

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:47:34 am »
w00t! I have to figure out how to do the paypal thing... but I'm working on it.

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 11:07:27 am »
Add me too please.  I also need to figure out the whole paypal thingy.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 07:21:50 pm »
Mike! Gorgeous. :D It's like an early Christmas, I can't wait!
Hurog Means Dragon.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 12:26:19 pm »
That is absolutely beautiful! But I'll have to wait until the next set. I think it will have to come out of my book budget!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 10:59:37 am »
OK, sorry for the delay.  I'm mailing out four of these today:
  • Charmed (name formerly withheld!)
  • Kate
  • Elle
  • Has

Two more are spoken for, so let me know if you want one of the remaining prints. . .
Where's my super-suit?

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 02:13:35 pm »
** spins around in happy dance**
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 06:34:22 pm »
Superb! Thanks so much, Mike!

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 06:35:48 pm »
Thanks Mike. :)
Hurog Means Dragon.

Rob

• lovebird
  • Grease Monkey
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 07:30:24 pm »
AHH!!!  (can't believe I only just noticed this!)  Can I still get one?
Proud member of the Maulers Union Local #182.

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
  • To live is to dance, to dance is to live.
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 10:24:46 pm »
Dang, I missed it, too!!

That is absolutely beautiful! But I'll have to wait until the next set. I think it will have to come out of my book budget!

Will there be a next set?? I'm absolutely chafing at the bit to get one (they look so stunning, it's great of you to organise them for us, Mr. Mike), but right now I can't possibly afford it. *sniff*
Check out my aspiring-writer's blog: http://mylinesmylife.blogspot.com/

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 11:21:15 pm »
I hope to have a next set someday soon, but it's taken a long time to get these.   I'm sending a PM with an idea . . .
Where's my super-suit?

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
Re: Bone Crossed Prints (ALL GONE)
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 05:50:22 pm »
Mike -- got the print yesterday and it's beautiful. I'll be hanging it up as soon as I find a suitable frame! Thanks for organizing this. :)

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
Re: Bone Crossed Prints (ALL GONE)
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 01:56:33 pm »
Mine arrived today, I was jumping up and down and bouncing off the walls.  ;D ;D

It looks beautiful, now I need to get it framed, maybe I'll see if Grey has some suggestions.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.