Author Topic: Kirsten Britain  (Read 38455 times)

Suzi

• Grease Monkey
Re: Kirsten Britain
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 03:38:33 pm »
I doubt if she will speed up, cos if I remember rightly, she gave up the day job between Green Rider and First Rider's call.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 11:22:54 am »
Oh... That's disapointing :'(
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Janilee

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 12:38:57 pm »
Just read that the fourth book, Blackveil, has been sent to the publisher.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 02:10:21 pm »
Thanks for the info! It's good to have a title, at least :)
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 07:19:30 pm »
I still haven't gotten book 3.  How is it compared to 1 and 2?

Janilee

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 12:21:38 pm »
It has been a while since I read it. I remember enjoying it. Enjoyed the plot twists. Vaguely remember being ticked off at the nobleman from court who was in love with her. Can't be more specific than that.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 12:50:16 pm »
I liked book 3 a lot. I think it's definitely worth reading. It's less convoluted than 2 was, I think.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 01:39:59 pm »
Thanks Janilee and Cerulean I will move it up on my wishlist.

odile

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 10:09:20 am »
There' s a new book  bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY didn't know :) :) :) :) :) :) looking now, thinking,  waiting for delivery....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:12:53 am by odile »

SilverWolf

• Tool Wrangler
    • My DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 10:55:47 am »
Kristen updated today:

http://kristenbritain.com/news.html

Of special note is at the end (emphasis by me):

And now for the real news. Drumroll please! I've acquired a publication date for Blackveil: April 2011. I know it sounds like a long way off, but in publishing time (which is a little like geologic time), it is not. There is all that production and marketing stuff that needs to happen between now and then. In the meantime, you can bet your booties I'll be working hard on the fifth Green Rider book! Yay!
"She walks, you leave together, pockets full, debts paid. She sings . . . you leave alone." ~Love Never Dies

"16-year-old Lareina and her sister are in the wrong dimension and don’t know it." Fingerprints by R.C. Lewis

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 02:25:58 pm »
Finally! I need to find my copies of her books sometime this year and re-read. I'm not sure at all where they are.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

SilverWolf

• Tool Wrangler
    • My DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 02:09:15 pm »
Another new update:
http://kristenbritain.com/news.html

New Publication Date
        May 4th, 17:44

Yup, new news. Our wait for Blackveil is now slightly shorter. It is now scheduled for February of 2011. My editor tells me that's what I get for writing such a tight book! I'll, uh, let you know if this date changes.... :-)
"She walks, you leave together, pockets full, debts paid. She sings . . . you leave alone." ~Love Never Dies

"16-year-old Lareina and her sister are in the wrong dimension and don’t know it." Fingerprints by R.C. Lewis

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 12:57:13 pm »
Blackveil just showed up on Amazon.com for me with a handy cover picture and everything. I've just pre-ordered it.

Jazzlet

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 10:14:26 am »
 bOuNcY :D

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 03:08:04 am »
can't wait for that book! I'm glad I started reading her books when book 3 was out already, or I would have gone crazy. years of waiting inbetween books is not good for my sanity :D

GW  WK  WH