Author Topic: The Grey Lords  (Read 16728 times)

raion

• Grease Monkey
  • Everybody laughs in the same language ; )
Re: The Grey Lords
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 07:19:42 am »
Cool picture, I can see why it made you think of Namane ;)

I might be wrong about this but I just remembered that "girl" that Mercy and Zee met at the first of the murder scenes... was´t she a Grey Lord as well? Not that that says much with the glamors you really can´t juge the danger a fea poses by their appreance :-\

I like the idea about the Grey Lords controling the elements... now it depends which system is used in the Asian countries they have a metal element, but I don´t think that Zee is a Grey Lord. I think it is more likely that he knows some of them personally and therefore respects them.

The Grey Lords are doubtlessly powerful, they inspire fear and respect and they are ruthless. I also just thought, Zee said not to mention a Grey Lords name because that would enable them to listen in to the conversations.... does that only work for the Grey Lords or can all more powerful fea do that?

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 07:28:36 am »
I think the girl Zee and Mercy meet is another council member, not a Grey Lord.  I think Zee or Uncle Mike say somewhere that the Grey Lords have not really noticed what is happening on the rez and that they would like to keep it that way.

The sea-man Mercy sees UnderHill is a Grey Lord, but until she meets Namane, I think that's it.  I'm sure Zee isn't a Grey Lord, because Mercy and Tad mention that he fears them.  Why would he fear them if he is one?

I think the power of naming things generally applies to all powerful beings, though how powerful, I'm not sure.

Bithalynn

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 01:04:22 pm »
Hi, I'm a newbie here, and I know this topic isn't very current, but I'm re-reading IK (I lost count of how many times I've re-read this series) and had an interesting thought about this. I'm wondering if, because of his peculiar talent, Zee might be outside the fae hierarchy. In Cry Wolf they talk about how being an Omega puts Anna outside the normal pack rankings and hierarchy. I wondered if the fact that Zee has a talent that is really rare among the fae might have a similar effect on his standing....

I'm probably really reaching here, but it just seems like Zee is a little outside all the other fae stuff. That may just be because he likes humans more and is more willing to put himself out on their behalf... Like I said, just a thought that had occurred to me.

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 05:17:48 am »
hi bithalym...

I think that also Zee's apparent interest for humans (he even married one, so his son is part human) might isolate him a bit from those fae who don't want contact with the humans....

all in all, I don't know if there is a hierachy that could be compared to that in a pack

GW  WK  WH