Author Topic: Charles & Anna Discussion  (Read 44033 times)

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
Re: Charles & Anna Discussion
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2009, 12:54:14 pm »
heh, actually I pretty much agree. I was just trying to get Midnight Wolf to join in the discussion and not just do a drive-by post. :D

Most people want to be needed. Now that Anna knows she is an Omega and has an alpha who values that, she has a place in the pack other than doormat and will end up being a much valued member. That should help her self-confidence immensely. Add in her growing trust in Charles and their personal relationship and the fact that Charles has said how much help she will be, and I think she will find her footing.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2009, 05:11:33 pm »
After reading the blurb that Mike was nice enough to post for us, I wonder how much time has passed between the two books because Anna already seems a lot better in that little snippet.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C Clarke

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2009, 05:39:45 pm »
I think it says they've been married two weeks.

Nope. It says it's the third week in December... I can't remember the date CW ends.

It also says it's a few weeks.
Only with her, only ever with her, did Brother Wolf settle down wholly. And a few weeks were not enough time to get used to the miracle of it — or to keep him from being too stupid to ask for her help.

It's still pretty early on.

edit: I went back and reread.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 05:49:32 pm by Avarel »

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2009, 07:01:56 pm »
Charles and Anna have known each other a little less than a month.  In the mini novel that starts the series, Alpha and Omega, Anna has just gotten off work on Thanksgiving Day. 

Cry Wolf takes place over a week or so. 

Hunting Ground starts the 3rd week of December. 

(I hope Hunting Ground covers their first Christmas together.) 

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2009, 07:06:50 pm »
Thanks cav

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2009, 11:22:49 pm »
You're welcome.  I'm so excited about Hunting Ground.  I just read the books about a 2 months ago.  I live in North Dakota on a dead end dirt road.  About half a mile down the road from me, the road flooded and washed out, so the only way out was helicopter, boat, or to hike through 200 feet of thigh deep, fast moving FREEZING water for 6 weeks.  (I hiked out 3 times...)

After the first week or 10 days, I ran out of stuff to read and started buying audiobooks and ebooks.  They saved my sanity. 

I downloaded Bone Crossed on audible first, quickly realized it was the middle of a series that sounded interesting, so I went back and downloaded all of Mercy and Alpha & Omega ebooks to read. 

I like the Alpha and Omega series just a little bit more than the Mercy series.  I love them both, but Charles and Anna just seem to resonate more emotionally with me.  They're more focused on each other, more aware of each other, more attracted to each other.  Not necessarily physically, but just drawn to spend time together.  I can't see Anna stalling Charles for several years like Mercy has, or after they started dating, avoiding him for 2 months.  She needs to be with him.  They seem to need each other more and fit together better than than Adam and Mercy.  Anna knows her own mind a little better, never has to stop and consider whether she wants Asil or Bran or Hank or Boyd or anyone else, she knows from the first day that she wants Charles. 

wantabadamlover

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2009, 06:40:33 pm »
You're welcome.  I'm so excited about Hunting Ground.  I just read the books about a 2 months ago.  I live in North Dakota on a dead end dirt road.  About half a mile down the road from me, the road flooded and washed out, so the only way out was helicopter, boat, or to hike through 200 feet of thigh deep, fast moving FREEZING water for 6 weeks.  (I hiked out 3 times...)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's amazing.... im glad your home and you stayed safe..

I LOVE both couples , right now im a mercy adam lover cause it took so dang long for them to finally come together... But we will see after book 2
" I meant to get the blanket between us"

opramum

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2009, 08:14:38 pm »
And the partnership only gets stronger in Hunting Ground!     
Esteemed member of the SOOGA

BigMama

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2009, 03:51:45 pm »
Hunting Ground really brings to light what a true partnership it is becoming between Anna and Charles. They are really two sides of the coin and are beginning to work together in an extremely special way. I love the development of the relationship between them and the special bond that is brought by the extra dimension of their wolves.
Words in the heart cannot be taken. Dorfl

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2009, 09:30:11 pm »
sorry i was off for so long... life got in the way...

On Hunting ground now.... I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEED it... i couldn't put it down...  bOuNcY

I must admit to thinking about the wolf behind the story but i could never think of the real deal....

and i will stop my rambling before it gets off topic...

PS I think i'll search a bit on the Arthurian legends... a bit more than the films at least.... maybe I'll read that book i got last year on those romances... O)
*gallops away as silently as she can.... "So off topic..." she whispers shaking her head* 

BigMama

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2009, 01:44:38 pm »
Doing the jillionth reread of Hunting Ground. I really like the part where Charles tells Anna that they are a match: he to her and his Brother Wolf to her wolf.  I get the idea that he feels that they compliment one another in a special way--each makes the other stronger.  Also, I like that the reward Anna achieves through her fullfilling of the Grey Lords quest is true love. Since she was able to achieve it in spite of them, I suppose her reward is fulfilled.  :-LOVE
Words in the heart cannot be taken. Dorfl

Linnea

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2009, 11:39:53 am »
I just finished rereading Hunting Ground and I was struck by how unhelpful Anna's gift was in the situation at the barbeque rib place.  In my earlier speculations, I imagined that Anna could walk into a room and just make everyone calm down and start braiding flowers in each other's fur, singing Kumbaya.  I actually liked that she tried it and it didn't work out like that.  It would make for some boring books if a character could just walk into a room and make all conflicts disappear.

~Linnea

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2009, 11:42:13 am »
Not to mention how it made things worse in the actual meetings! being the same; good observation, Linnea.  And true; how little action would there be if that was what happened!
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.