Author Topic: Charles & Anna Discussion  (Read 44030 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Charles & Anna Discussion
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2009, 06:30:13 am »
You've just contradicted yourself, Omega 303;
Charles is not affected so no she will not cause her mate to become less dominant by any means.

is IMMEDIATELY followed by
he will have to be more dominant than ever.

is immediately followed by
to prevent unnecessary dominance fights and help new members make it through the transition.

So, MY take on this, and go ahead and blow me out of the water too! ;D  I's ignorant.
is that yes, Anna can, to some extent, control her Omega effect.  And Charles and his brother wolf can ignore/brush it off at perceived threat.  Charles' dominance, and how much he has to enforce it?  The amount he IS dominant won't change, but the amount he has to enforce it is apt to go down as the Omega effect cuts down the number of were-people who go crazy or push their dominance fights to the killing point.  That's the whole idea of Omegas.  In packs.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2009, 06:42:20 am »
Sorry buy I was trying to find a way to word what I was trying to say. LOL  :D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2009, 07:37:55 pm »
Sorry buy I was trying to find a way to word what I was trying to say. LOL  :D

We all are; keep trying, and eventually you'll get it into words that even I, with my odd literal mindedness will understand.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2009, 03:35:43 pm »
Spock?  Artie Johnson?

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2009, 04:40:19 am »
I think Charles appeals to most of the other wolves in a better light now that he has Anna by his side. He is still scary to them and feared, but Anna is the gentle presence that tears down some of the tough image of him.

It's like having a friend that is a tough motorcycle honcho with all the trimmings and then meeting his wife who is this small petite woman who looks all domestic and such. Anna's presence takes away the feared and scary part of Charles when people met him now. She sorts of blind sides them.

Also Anna with Charles by her side makes her feel wanted and love and helps her self image now. She went from being scared and not really enjoying who she was, to be loved and wanted by someone that would do any thing for her.

Plus, Bran knows Anna will help him with some of the other wolves that will need her support and care. He is always looking for a way to help his children. (meaning the other wolves),   

wantabadamlover

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2009, 06:09:36 pm »
Ok I LOVE this series as much as the mercy series..LOVE love,love it!!

here's my question: when she reaches back to grab Charles hand their mating took place..What made it happen?
Sorry if its obvious for everyone but i just dont see it clearly.HElp Help me...
thank you..
also a charles lover too now.. :-*
" I meant to get the blanket between us"

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2009, 07:41:54 pm »
What happened was Anna accepted her love for Charles and trusted her own feelings for him. It became not just the wolf but her human side as well.

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

wantabadamlover

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2009, 07:53:01 am »
thank you.................  ;)
" I meant to get the blanket between us"

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2009, 05:56:06 am »
I think Charles appeals to most of the other wolves in a better light now that he has Anna by his side. He is still scary to them and feared, but Anna is the gentle presence that tears down some of the tough image of him.

It's like having a friend that is a tough motorcycle honcho with all the trimmings and then meeting his wife who is this small petite woman who looks all domestic and such. Anna's presence takes away the feared and scary part of Charles when people met him now. She sorts of blind sides them.

As an enforcer Charles has to keep up his reputation as being the more dominate wolf. But Anna's presence is reqiured to help him deal with rogue wolves, therefore  a lot of more wolves who will be saved from exercusion and there will be less fighting. Just because Anna is Omega doesn't mean she always uses her abilities. She doesn't always have to soothe Charles, if she did it would change his very nature. I think she would only use her abilities if Charles manage to lose control but now that he's found her that is probally unlikely. But like Charles said something even an Omega cannot help. I do think though that the other wolves see a difference in Charles, but they see him as a better enforcer, And as a less stressful and agitated person. The more dramatic changes or only seen by the people who are closes to him, But even then something he only show to his mate, like to more playful part of him.

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2009, 06:10:07 pm »
What I was trying to describe, is the fact you have this very dominate wolf, with a wife that isn't very dominate. When you see or met Anna. She's like something you wouldn't expect a dominate wolf to have as a mate. It sort of throws people off when they met the two together.   

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2009, 05:27:11 am »
Throwing in my own two cents:  In a few months or a year, in their timeline, this may be true, but in the timeframe we've seen, there hasn't been time for any of the mellowing or re-envision you're talking about to happen. 
Plus, as Tamora Pierce mentioned in "The Emperor Mage", many people will take their first impression of you and fossilize it, never changing it when you change.

Midnight Wolf

• Tool Wrangler
  • American. Originally from WA state. Living in the
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2009, 02:21:47 pm »
Its pefect they balance each other out so well

American. Originally from WA state. Living in the UK. Married. Goth. Gamer. Book worm. Library Volunteer. Metal head. First ever car a VW

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2009, 02:26:05 pm »

really? In what way?
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

cavaliergirl

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2009, 08:40:57 pm »

really? In what way?

Charles was a lonely, older wolf who had given up on finding someone.  He's very wrapped up in his job, which forces him to be somewhat removed from the pack, from relationships.  With Anna, he finds someone to help him relax, ease the torment his job causes him, give him peace, play with, and take care of. 

Anna seems happy to be needed.  She also craves the safety that being with Charles provides, both the feeling that he won't hurt her and that he will protect her from harm.  He gives her a home, a place to settle down and make friends and a pack family to belong to. 

I agree with Midnight Wolf, they balance each other out pretty well. 

berryblu

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2009, 10:35:58 pm »
Anna also likes being useful, being needed for herself.  Now that she's discovered what she truly is, I can see her settling down and helping anyone and everyone around.  :)  It will make Charles' job so much easier.  And probably Bran's as well, especially with the problem werewolves.