Author Topic: Charles & Anna Discussion  (Read 43886 times)

alan

Re: Charles & Anna Discussion
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2009, 12:33:33 pm »
Dude!  Im am such a dominant then!  WOOT!!  Not the killing part but the rest, i normally don't talk at all unless i have to or im with people i know really well...weird.  I like Bran's nature, and the way you describe it is a lot better then mine.

wolverine

• Mechanic
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2009, 12:37:48 pm »
Dude!  LOL  I"m not saying all quiet people are dominants...rather I was explaining how Bran knew all that he did! LOL
you are too funny.  Of course, I"m not saying your not dominant.....but better be careful what you wish for.  The only other thing that bugs me about wolf packs, the girls take rank from the males....yeah, I know, but it still irks me.

alan

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2009, 12:42:42 pm »
No i completely agree, i think that women can be dominant too.  In fact i know women who can make alpha men cry for them mama's, i think that Bran should have like a secret pack for women to be the dominant one and have him be like testing to see if he should risk letting other women be alphas and what not.

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2009, 10:50:01 am »
I just worry that Anna's Omega nature might hold Charles back when he wouldn't normally.  It may put him (and inadvertently her) at a much greater risk.  I think it was an unspoken reason of why he didn't originally want to take her after Walter in Cry Wolf

"he didn't originally want to take her after Walter in Cry Wolf"  that I think (in mumble opinion) was not the case, he didn't want to take Anna to the hunting expedition in the mountains because he didn't want her to experience any more violence when she already had too much of it. (Plus I would guess subconsciously  I guess he wanted her safe under his father's protection. after all the 'frozen' wilderness expedition could become too much of a risk for his mate as he saw it...)

Also, as stated before... Anna's wolf wouldn't be too opposite from her mate... and I guess there wouldn't be too many wolves she wouldn't have been able to help... ;D

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2009, 05:15:49 am »
I really love this book :D. But I think most readers don't give Anna enough credit, sure she's been though alot but as proven she is a great mate for Charles because she also is very protective of those she love and is quite capable of handling her own. When in Chicago she saved Charles as well as he had saved her. Also she had proven herself again in the caverns with Mariposa. She does seems to be quite fragile but I think there's alot more to Anna then everyone thinks and as for the mating bond I believe that will come with amazing gifts as we know she will have some of Charles magic. I really can't wait to see what all it will bring.  ;)

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2009, 09:13:55 am »
I wonder if Anna not being able to have children will play a role in the new book or any future books now that they are married...??
Given that the series seems to be a lot more focused on relationships this question will certainly pop-up but this would be awfully soon, they barely know each other. :D

Although it does depent on how old Anna actually his?
I guess mid-twenties?
Give her a few more years before she starts worrying about the fact that she can't have children of her own, unless Charles was itching for some pups, that is, but I guess he had enough time to adapt to be smarter than torpedo his marriage with such issues this early on.
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

alan

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2009, 10:40:41 am »
I really love this book :D. But I think most readers don't give Anna enough credit, sure she's been though alot but as proven she is a great mate for Charles because she also is very protective of those she love and is quite capable of handling her own. When in Chicago she saved Charles as well as he had saved her. Also she had proven herself again in the caverns with Mariposa. She does seems to be quite fragile but I think there's alot more to Anna then everyone thinks and as for the mating bond I believe that will come with amazing gifts as we know she will have some of Charles magic. I really can't wait to see what all it will bring.  ;)

Woot another Anna fan! ;D

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2009, 07:51:16 am »
There's something  else about Anna as well. She can resist the influence of all Were as well. She may be tied to the Marrok by pack magic, but she can still resist his orders. She prove that with Charles in Cry Wolf when he tried to send her away.

That's the second greatest gift a Omega Wolf has. They are the peace keeper's of any pack. They can't be ordered, controlled or any thing like that.

Leo had to inflict torture onto Anna in order to get her to be under his control. He knew that wasthe only way to control and make sure she stayed under his control only.

Guenivere

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2009, 08:45:40 pm »
There's something  else about Anna as well. She can resist the influence of all Were as well. She may be tied to the Marrok by pack magic, but she can still resist his orders. She prove that with Charles in Cry Wolf when he tried to send her away.

That's the second greatest gift a Omega Wolf has. They are the peace keeper's of any pack. They can't be ordered, controlled or any thing like that.

Leo had to inflict torture onto Anna in order to get her to be under his control. He knew that wasthe only way to control and make sure she stayed under his control only.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Leo's torture was primarily meant to keep his mate from seeing Anna as a threat and wanting her killed like all the other females that had been in his pack.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2009, 09:13:21 pm »

Actually, I'm pretty sure Leo's torture was primarily meant to keep his mate from seeing Anna as a threat and wanting her killed like all the other females that had been in his pack.
Well, he had her deliberately brought in to keep his mate calmer, saner, and the only way he could do that was by making Isabella into Anna's protector, and by making both of them think she was a simple submissive.  If Isabella had realized that Anna was an omega, she'd have killed Anna just like the other females in the pack.  If Anna had realized what she was - and I think Leo must have forbidden those few wolves who figured out what she was to tell her - she could have left, even with the pack bond, and there would have been Isabella rampaging around again, and the Marrok breathing down their necks.  As indeed was the case by a few pages into "Alpha and Omega".
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

alan

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2009, 10:52:46 am »
The whole situation makes you wonder if it was done to Anna, how many others are there?  Does anyone else think that Anna's situation could affect Bran connection to his son because Charles knows Bran didn't see what was happening for three years?...does that make sense?

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2009, 11:51:14 am »
I don't think so. If nothing else it will be allot easier for Charles with Anna by his side.

BigMama

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2009, 02:34:54 pm »
I'm of the opinion that the union of Ana and Charles will make both stronger and better. I don't see that there will be that much conflict between them. We have already witnessed in Cry Wolf the effect that Ana has on Asil and Bran when at their worst. I believe that Charles realizes that his "gift" will enable him to be able to save more of his friends from death. I envision their working together as a unit for the good of the pack. IMO, the only real conflict may come as Ana tries to find her place in the pack and continues to overcome the past and move forward in her new life.
Words in the heart cannot be taken. Dorfl

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2009, 03:19:28 pm »
Also Anna has proven to be a perfect fit for Charles. She is making him appear less dominate and frighten to the other wolves. As long as she is there with him.  He is relax and easy going. Also I think Sage is going to have fun teasing him along with Charles brother.

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2009, 12:13:08 am »
Also Anna has proven to be a perfect fit for Charles. She is making him appear less dominate and frighten to the other wolves. As long as she is there with him.  He is relax and easy going. Also I think Sage is going to have fun teasing him along with Charles brother.

No that's not exactly true. She only helps his wolf be tranquile when the need occurs, having her around all the time doesn't take from his dominance. I'm pretty sure she can choose who needs her help. Like in the church when she confronted Asil she help him and Charles was there but it had no affect on Charles we know because when Asil touches her face Charles growls. And after they defeat the witch she only needed to soothe Bran and Asil once again Charles is not affected so no she will not cause her mate to become less dominant by any means. If anything he will have to step up a notch and make sure everyone in the pack is safe and treated right, which he will have to be more dominant than ever. She is there to help him keep the wolves safe and in line and to prevent unnecessary dominance fights and help new members make it through the transition.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 12:21:30 am by Nikki211 »