Author Topic: Mercy and the Aging Question  (Read 78174 times)

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
Re: Fairy Brew?
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2008, 04:14:33 am »
Would you really trust the vampires to tell her the truth on this?  Stefan might but...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2008, 04:18:11 am »
Perhaps Stefan protected Mercy by not saying anything- perhaps it was like ignorance is bliss especially since he didnt tell the Seethe that she was a Walker.
Perhaps in Bone Crossed he will tell her more about her abilities- Patty did mention that Mercy will discover a new ability although that will be more of a side step than something new or powerful.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

raion

• Grease Monkey
  • Everybody laughs in the same language ; )
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2008, 08:47:10 am »
Maybe but I doubt that. I think they will have their hands full with damage control in Bone Crossed. After all Marsilia found out that Mercy killed Andre and that Stefan had a hand in hushing it up :-\

Konrad

• Grease Monkey
    • My booklog
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 01:23:08 pm »
In addition to 1) possible walker longevity and 2) fairy healing drink (we already saw lycanthropy treat age as a disease) there's also 3) the blood sharing with Stefan in Blood Bound.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2008, 03:15:14 pm »
Hmmm. It would be interesting to see how or if the fairy brew affects her long term. I'm more inclined to think not, besides strengthening her natural aversion to loss of control anyway :D.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2008, 04:19:34 pm »
I'm with you, Artangel.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2008, 09:48:48 pm »
hmmm, do we know how long stefan is in the usa? cause walkers only exist there, I think... right?

Anyway, I think it would be interesting to see if the fairy brew 'left' a surprise

GW  WK  WH

houndwhisperer

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2008, 10:14:26 pm »

In addition to 1) possible walker longevity and 2) fairy healing drink (we already saw lycanthropy treat age as a disease) there's also 3) the blood sharing with Stefan in Blood Bound.
I've been brooding over that blood sharing with Stefan. I don't quite trust his reassurance about no mind control, that still leaves other side effects possible that might crop up in Bone Crossed. And I wonder just exactly what his "loving words" in her ear were. I want to know!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2008, 04:05:41 am »
Oh I forgot about that Stefan's specialty was calling a person. But I doubt that he would use it against Mercy and perhaps her immunity will help her although I think her will power is just as strong. But I dont think Stefan's power has the same allure or affect that Adam has which sometimes affects  Mercy  subconsciously.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Timesdragonfly

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2008, 02:35:12 am »
Oh I forgot about that Stefan's specialty was calling a person. But I doubt that he would use it against Mercy and perhaps her immunity will help her although I think her will power is just as strong. But I dont think Stefan's power has the same allure or affect that Adam has which sometimes affects  Mercy  subconsciously.

ahh... but isn't that because subconsciously Mercy wants to follow him? Maybe now that she isn't fighting her feels for him, she'll be better able to resist the effects he has on her.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 01:18:27 pm by Patti L. »

PurpleMoon

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Mercy and the Aging Question
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2009, 11:00:40 am »
what about the chance of Mercy being changed?? I mean, in the insides they are all the same and she being a coyote and all, she might have an even better chance of survival...Bran offers to all in aspen creek the chance right? one month before thanksgiving.... as a last resource she could take the risk of the change so she wouldn't die of age and be with Adam...that would be so cool! lol...

''Amazing who you can meet in an Elevator..''
Big Al - White Witch, Black Curse

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2009, 08:38:56 pm »
Patty's said that it's unlikely.  Mercy may not be human enough for the change to take on her.

Cole

• Grease Monkey
  • Der Teufel ist ein Eichhörnchen
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2009, 09:11:02 pm »
but remember magic is finickey around her the change could be changed giving her the abilities of a wolf yet she keeps her coyote form as well as not have to change with the moon  so she can still have children and she would gain the reaction to silver possibly

There is no place like /~

Linnea

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2009, 02:58:38 pm »
Some of the fae have been having odd reactions to Mercy when they meet her.  They seem a bit surprised by something they see.  Mercy tells us she's a walker, but it seems to be second-hand knowledge, and no one else she knows seems to have ever actually met another walker before.  I'm going to just toss this out there, but it's possible that Mercy is not even really a walker.  Added with her father's mysterious origins, it seems possible that Mercy's father is actually the Coyote, making Mercy more like a half-fae or half-god, with extra juicy longevity.

~Linnea

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2009, 03:03:46 pm »
Lol!  Funny, and interesting.  Might take it to the "Bone Crossed Spoilers" area from this point, though.