Author Topic: Mercy and the Aging Question  (Read 78274 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: mercy growing older while sam/adam still young and studly?
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2007, 04:22:11 pm »
Aw, now I feel all fuzzy! 
Not warm, unfortunately.  I've got a heating snafu at my place, & I had to go forgo heat where I am to heat the smaller space where I closed Canny in.  She had a poopy butt problem & I had to give her a half bath, so she needed the warmth to dry in.  Now she's on my lap, sleeping the sleep of the pooped out pussy cat.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2007, 04:24:23 pm »
aww that is so cute, i understand that problem, my puppy tends to have it more

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2007, 04:33:35 pm »
Well, this is her own fault, in a way.  She swallowed a string, & it was coming out, which is enough of that topic.  Mercy. Mate.  Age.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2007, 04:37:21 pm »
mercy, adam, alpha - normally has many mates (bran and wives is example) - would he really care if mercy kept getting older?  does he care as much as sam?

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2007, 08:27:55 pm »
OK, couple of things. 1) Patty has said (somewhere, will find if I must, don't ask me to annotate) that Sam has never met another walker and that he is only speculating about the possibility that he and Mercy could have children.  2) We don't know what Bran knows.  He could know everything (I think he does) or he could know nothing (you know nufink!!)  Can you tell it's paper time?  3) I think Patty has said somewhere (where is that *%#@ quote (yes, it's paper time again)) that Mercy will age differently than a human but she will age (weres remain static)

I think that the weres accept on a certain level that their loved ones will grow old and die.  Some probably find the time spent together worth the eventual pain and others don't (the whole crazy thing).  So even if Sam feels that Mercy will age normally, his desire to mate her and have children (ok that sounds kinda dirty) is not necessarily heartless or mercenary.

As for the kids, 1) he thinks that some could be born were and 2) he probably supposes that those born human would want to be were.  I think Patty also says somewhere (ok, I'll find these quotes after the papers are written) that Sam believes in the age of modern medicine, his children will have a better chance for survival.  Not sure if that in general or during the change.

Oh, one other thing.  All we know about Sam and Bran is that Sam was born to him before his Change, so Bran did not necessarily Change Sam.  I always figured they were changed at the same time.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2007, 10:28:27 am »
thats interesting you bring up some good points jenniwee, its paper time for me too but i maade myself finish before i got online here  ;)

courtesy of Has

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2007, 04:26:36 pm »
Well, when they're 20 pages long finishing is a whole other ballgame.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
Re: Re: mercy growing older while sam/adam still young and studly?
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2007, 09:28:43 pm »
Here's another thought that may have been brought up somewhere else, but that I'm going to throw out here now anyway:
Even children of Mercy's that aren't either were or walker when they're born MAY be more amenable to accepting the change to were.  Anyone read Wen Spencer's 'Ukiah Oregon' series?  Like the children of a 'breeder'.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2007, 12:49:10 pm »
hmmm thats a really interesting idea, i've never read that but it sounds like it could be possible

courtesy of Has

Timesdragonfly

• Tool Wrangler
Fairy Brew?
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2008, 05:21:07 pm »
I was thinking about Adam and Mercy and how it's sad that Mercy is going to get old while Adam won't. Then I was thinking about the amount of that drink Tim made Mercy take. I was wondering if there would maybe be some long term effects... extra emphasis on the “long” there. ;) What do you think?

Ellyll

• Pack Member
Re: Fairy Brew?
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2008, 05:41:32 pm »
Mercy doesn't know much about walkers.  We don't know how she ages yet.  She might have a really long lifespan naturally. 
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Timesdragonfly

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2008, 06:05:18 pm »
could be... I seem to remember it saying somewhere in the first book that she didn't look her years, but I could be wrong.

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2008, 10:05:08 pm »
And we also have to keep in mind that Mercy's kind of resistant to magic in general, so the effects of the brew might be somewhat diluted... ;)
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008, 02:20:59 am »
And she threw most of it up- so I doubt its in her system- also another factor that the cup changed its nature and when Tim forced her to drink - its aim was to force Mercy under his will. While she didnt  drink as much when she drank under Adam's hand to heal her wounds. But its an interesting theory and you never know it could have an affect.
But I'm with Ellyll and Timesdragonfly that although Mercy isnt immortal- I do think she has a longer life span and Austin's brother also described her as a girl who was raped rather than a woman- so I think from that Mercy definitely looks younger than she is.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008, 04:00:37 am »
shouldn't the vampires know a bit about that? I mean, know your foe or something like that ;)

GW  WK  WH