Author Topic: Jesse The Werewolf?  (Read 77450 times)

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
Re: Jesse The Werewolf?
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2011, 02:54:02 am »
She is too cheerful in my opinion to be a wolf. It is one of her defining characteristics, and it would be gone because of her wolf
Howl more, whine less

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2012, 02:13:43 am »
What if Jesse grew up and moved away, then at some point was attacked and changed into a werewolf, and then turned out to be really dominant (she is a lot like her father, after all,) like, the 5th most dominant wolf in the country, so that the only packs where she wouldn't be the alpha are the Marrok's or her father's.

Then say that, and she doesn't want to move to the Marrok's pack or back to where her Dad would be her alpha, so Jesse ends up as the first female Alpha and the male wolves just have to accept it:D

(There's that whole thing with less dominant wolves not being able to disobey an order from a more dominant one, isn't there? So, if that happened, (Jesse was turned and turned out more dominant,) and the regular male wolves tried to tell Jesse what to do, she wouldn't have to listen.  Yet if she told them what to do, they'd have to do it. LOL
And then they might get irritated and try to 'put her in her place' with a dominance fight, but, after Jesse was attacked in Iron Kissed, by the other teenagers, didn't Adam say "You'll have to start practicing aikido again, then... You're three years out of practice, and if you're only half their weight, you'll have to do better than that." Then Jesse said "Yes" with 'grim determination'. (Iron Kissed, pg 113.)
So, it seemed like Jesse had had training in the past, and was, after being attacked, determined to start training again. If she trains enough to be able to fight off someone twice her size, why shouldn't she win dominance fight too? (If the turning-into-a-werewolf thing happened.) Also, isn't Bran's wolf form fairly small? Size isn't everything. And I think I read somewhere that most packs don't get proper training like Adam's does?)

So, Jesse might get turned, end up really dominant, and so not have to obey orders, then some males (not all) wouldn't like the idea of their Alpha being a girl, so would challenge her, and she'd kick their arses and end up as the first female alpha.
And maybe she'd still be going out with Gabriel? (I like Jesse and Gabriel together.)

If that happened, maybe other female wolves would move to Jesse's pack (especially if they wanted to get away from one of those less-pleasant packs.)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2012, 07:27:39 am »
Difficult.  Interesting ideas, though.

I think that more than one time it's been said "Alpha is more than dominance" and I believe it.

First, I don't know if Jesse would want to be an alpha, given as much as she's seen of how it works in her dad's pack, but it might very well be less of a hassle than either being second (Warren being third, anyone?) or accepting the traditional "if you're unmated, you belong to the Alpha, if you're mated, you take your mate's rank, less .5" 
So she might be an alpha, but I don't see her (and we're talking years down the road, so who knows what other precedents there might be in the meantime?) jumping into Alpha more or less the minute she's changed.  She's in a "Gifted/ultra-smart" program at school, remember.  She's more likely to talk with her alpha, her dad, and Bran, and see about offering the option to other less traditional werewolves to join a pack with her.  Other gay werewolves, females who aren't happy with the traditional ranking, the damaged ones who don't exactly need Bran's help, but don't do well in a 'normal' pack.  Then form the new pack and have some more or less token rank establishment fights, and let it go at that.  If other alphas were offended by it, they would theoretically have to go to Bran for the right to challenge her, wouldn't they?  At least if they're North American werewolves.  What Euro wolves would feel or think or do about it - that's another kettle of fish.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2012, 11:35:48 pm »
I think creating a sort of special-circumstances pack, led by Jesse, for those who don't fit in well in a traditional pack, but still want to be part of one etc, in that sort of situation, could definately be a possibility.  :)

As for those who might be offended by the idea, I don't think they'd be offended quite to the point that they'd feel the need to challenge Jesse, (especially if that might draw the wrath of Adam and Bran), if she wasn't actually part of any of their packs. Because they wouldn't really have much to do with her most of the time, except perhaps for at those Alpha meetings that they do every now and then. But since Adam and Bran etc would also be at those meetings, the offended alphas would probably behave themselves there.
I suspect they might deal with the fact that they didn't like Jesse's position etc by joking about 'Jesse's special pack', and making fun of it, but only amongst themselves (while being careful not to say anything in front of anyone who might tell Adam or Bran.)

Of course, it's possible that werewolf-Jesse-years-in-the-future being really dominant might not be such a big issue as it would be in the present time.
A lot of stuff has changed recently. There was the thing with other packs allowing gay wolves to join after Warren joined Adam's Pack, all the public stuff with fae and werewolves etc.
And then there's the fact that Adam's pack has said females can fight in dominance fights. After that, other packs might gradually follow that example. (And even if some of them don't want to, it might end up as something like some packs allowing it, so more females move into those packs because it's fairer etc, then the few hold-outs have to also allow it, or they loose all their females and it ends up as a sort of non-issue because it doesn't affect any of them in their pack.)
So, in that sort of instance, by the time Jesse is, hypothetically, turned into a werewolf years later and turns out to be really dominant, it might not really be an issue.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:40:07 pm by Itsy-Cat »

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2015, 07:20:22 am »
I think that Jesse doesn't want to be a werewolf...in all this books she haven't ever talked or asked questions in this sense...and to me she is very opinionated young woman so if this is something she is actually thinking about she will be also vocal about it

a not impossible factor is coercion for me: due to the fact that Mercy, Adam and the pack in general have a lot of enemies it can be that to try to save Jesse life Adam try to change her after Jesse have asked for it...like Jesse is attacked by a vampire or fea or some other kind of monster and is in her death bed...they asked her if she want to try to become a werewolf and she say yes...that she prefers to live as a were than die

and for me any case scenario that I could imagine that will make Jesse think about try the change on her own without be in a life/death situation is if Gabriel is already become a wolf in the first place....so like a lot of human mates she will try the change

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2015, 09:20:02 am »
That's roughly my opinion, too, Mellinatre.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.