Author Topic: Iron Kissed -- RE: Pack influence on Mercy's Choice  (Read 50397 times)

Jerseybean

• Tool Wrangler
Iron Kissed -- RE: Pack influence on Mercy's Choice
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 06:04:46 am »
ok so Mercy chooses both Adam and Sam in the next book.  Wouldn't that make things even more unstable, choosing one then changing her mind so soon?  Won't everyone think she's just as likely to change her mind again?  :-\

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 12:56:06 pm »
pick both? just because she makes two choices doesn't mean she changes her mind.... It might be that the second decision is just related to the first.... Like she chooses (for the sake of an example) Adam, and then has to make another choice about directly connected with that. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 01:00:42 pm by Spryte »
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 01:00:36 pm »
I think Jerseybean is referring to the fact that Patty said that Mercy chooses someone in the middle of the book and then changes her choice at the end of the novel...  :)
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 01:01:52 pm »
dang.... that has a lot of potential for mayhem... (Spryte gnaws lip and hopes she picks Adam in the end.)
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 04:44:23 pm »
I'll have to check the chat, but I thought all that Patty said was that Mercy makes one decision in the middle of the book and a second at the end.  That does not necessarily mean choosing both.  I thought it probably meant choosing not to be with someone, then choosing to be with someone else.  Does that make sense?

jenglows

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 05:25:47 pm »
  I thought it probably meant choosing not to be with someone, then choosing to be with someone else.  Does that make sense?
yes, I interpretted it like that also.  I was thinking more like she chooses someone and then decides that it won't work by the end of the book.  That would leave her open for more options in the rest of the series.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 05:40:27 pm »
Hmmm...now I'm all stressed. I was thinking...of course she'll choose Adam.  :-\ I'm gonna go...her first decision is to be with no one, to alleviate the pressure from Adam's pack...but at the end she decides to choose Adam...because, of course, she can't resist him.  :D
Hurog Means Dragon.

jenglows

Re: Iron Kissed -- RE: Pack influence on Mercy's Choice
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 01:08:38 pm »
I think she will most likely choose Adam in the next book ( although I prefer Sam), but I don't think she will be able to stay with him because of the pack business and his inability to stop dominating her.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 03:18:07 pm »
I am thinking she will choose to be with no one, and then something will happen..... or hey, maybe the other way around. Spryte isn't sure what she thinks about this anymore.  ;D

deva

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 01:07:06 pm »
I'm gonna go...her first decision is to be with no one, to alleviate the pressure from Adam's pack...but at the end she decides to choose Adam...because, of course, she can't resist him.  :D

This is my thought as well...but of course it is because I want it to be Adam.  And I am hoping that the second choice isn't to be with neither.  I would like to see her explore a relationship for at least one whole book.  I don't think I like the idea of her choosing to be with someone halfway through the book, just to change her mind and be with no one by the end of the book.  That doesn't give us...I mean Mercy enough time to savor. ;)

By the way, I have to admit that I am one of those evil people who will be reading the end to see who her choice is then settling in and reading the whole book.  There is a very - VERY - slim chance that I will just read it from the beginning and not take a peak at the end.  But I doubt I will even make it out of the store without taking a peak.

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 03:07:25 pm »
Gah you people!  :: shudders away from your taint ::  Seriously, there's something deep-level wrong with hearing that people do that...Its like,..................Hmm ok I can't think of anything that probably doesn't break some decency rule at this board.   ;D
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

jenglows

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007, 03:58:00 pm »
:o :o I can't understand why anyone would want to skip to the end! :o :o  Blasphemy!!!!  Don't you want to have a chance to agree with her and understand why she chooses?  What if you skip to the end and it's not who you think? Will you be irritated during the whole book because you know the ending and haven't given yourself a chance to enjoy her expeirence?  ???

DeDanann

• Tinker
    • Pooka's Tales
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 11:56:18 pm »
As far as reading the end of the book first...I do that, I'll admit.  There are three main reasons why.  The first is that I'm a writer myself and have enough time restrictions that I can't always just drop everything and sit down to read the books straight through.  I even skimmed Harry Potter.  Like, all seven books.   :-[

The second reason is that sometimes reading someone else's books has a weird effect on me--I sit down to read and get maybe a chapter or so into it, and then guilt hits me like a sledgehammer because I'm not working on my own book, so I have to put the other writer's book aside and rush to the computer to assuage my slacker complex.  (Or something like that, anyway!)  So if I want to ever know what happens in someone else's book, I have to skim and get my reader's fix before I throw myself at my keyboard.

And then the last and probably biggest reason is that...umm, I just succumb to my need for instant gratification.  I'm weak.  Weak!  Spoilers, spoilers, come to me.... ;D

jenglows

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2007, 08:14:21 am »
I guess everyone has their own style :) and all t hat matters is your enjoment of the book.   I'm rabidly anti-spoiler, for me the enjoyment of reading the story as it unfolds is everything.  I won't read a book or watch a movie if I know what happens ( historical events are excempt ;) ).  It just ruins the expeirence for me.

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2007, 11:14:31 am »
There was a time (more than nine centuries ago...I was still a little mazoku...) in which I couldn't help myself but sneak a peak at the end of the book...like, always...then I read the end of a book in which one of the main characters (and one that I loved...  :'() died in the middle of the book...I was so sad during all the book I kept hoping I hadn't read the end.  :-\ And so, I stopped doing that. Nothing better to get burnt to stop a bad habit. Now, I have an invincible force of will and never read the end: to make-up for this, I read books in a matter of hours!!  ;D So, you see, I still get a chance to enjoy the book while waiting a minimum amount of time to know what will happen.  ;) Yes, I got to wear glasses for this, but they add up to my charm...at least, this is what I hope...you know, when light reflects on the lenses, I seem almost clever...  8)
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.