Author Topic: Iron Kissed -- RE: Pack influence on Mercy's Choice  (Read 50592 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Iron Kissed -- RE: Pack influence on Mercy's Choice
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2007, 06:42:55 pm »
Yes, I think you're right.  Mercy's contrary streak is as natural to her & ingrained as the control thing is with werewolves, so there would continue to be friction with the pack.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2007, 03:57:55 pm »
Yep, but she would also take her position from Adam, and that would put her above the rest of the pack and everyone who is below Adam wouldnt it?  And I dont think that Sam and Bran would be a problem because shes like family to them, and they are used to her not listening to them.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2007, 04:15:26 pm »
Check in with some people who are in workplaces where there's a clear chain of command.  Just because person A "has" to obey person B it doesn't mean there isn't friction & petty disobedience. 
Have you ever read Robert Heinlein's book "The Number of the Beast"?  Check out the 'white mutiny' in that!

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2007, 04:26:39 pm »
Nope I've never read that one.  Whats it about?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2007, 04:41:52 pm »
Boy, that's hard to answer quickly.  Basically, he weaves together several of his adult SF books through a scientist discovering a way to move between realities, a bit like the TV show Sliders, except he keeps better control of it.  His daughter, her ex-military & quickly acquired husband, & the scientists ladyfriend who finagles him into marrying her are the crew of the possibility ship.  They discover another race of intelligent beings have discovered the same process & are killing off others who do the same, so they have to run.  They meet Lazarus Long & a lot of his other major characters.

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2007, 04:52:42 pm »
OOOO

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2007, 04:23:54 pm »
i dont think she would have that much of a problem with sam and bran and adam, i think the rest of the pack would really be unhappy following her (being a coyote) and she would know when to behave because like she said - she controls her emotions as to being controlled by them.

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

eyesore

« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2007, 08:51:27 am »
no. i kinda hope she chooses sam. even from the beginning. there's something about him that makes me feel like he loves Mercy a LOT. not just as a broodmare. that he just doesn't want to admit it even to himself because if she chosses adam he'll(samuel) be so hurt. but wouldn't that get under his skin if she and adam have kids?

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2007, 12:16:33 pm »
yeah me too i fell the same about sam, and i think it would kill him (maybe even literally) if he doesn't get chosen

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2007, 03:08:31 pm »
Since this seems to, at least breifly, be turning into a who will she choose thread... I wuold like to say I don't want her to end up with Sam. He may love her, but I think she loves him like an old friend, and is in lust with him, but not it love. I'm not sure if she's in love with Adam either, but she does seem to be leaning more that direction.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2007, 03:11:46 pm »
yes but now that sam has shown his feelings she is thinking about himm more also insteadof just going  to adam - i think either one is great for her

courtesy of Has

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2007, 12:08:36 am »
I think Adam would be healthier for her though.  Hes seems to honestly be making more of an effort to control himself around mercy.  And Sam it seems like just does stuff when he knows that she is going out with Adam.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2007, 09:29:07 am »
that is true but its also because he is a patient hunter and gets jealous of adam and doesn't want to be out of the running

courtesy of Has

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2007, 10:58:24 am »
Given how little (except for the recent crisis situations) Mercy ordinarily interacts with the pack, I wonder how much influence they *can* have on her?  They can, as a group, do some limited magic, but are they united enough to try to use it, if it can be bent that way, to push her whichever direction they'd prefer?

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2007, 04:40:33 pm »
I doubt they could do it without Adam, Warran, Honey (I think she would help Mercy), and/or Darryl (I think he would help her too) noticing.  And if Sam really wanted her as a mate in human and wolf then he wouldnt let them get away with it.