Author Topic: Iron Kissed -- RE: Pack influence on Mercy's Choice  (Read 50600 times)

jenglows

Re: Iron Kissed -- RE: Pack influence on Mercy's Choice
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2007, 12:32:29 pm »
yeah, but he might just be angry about her choice.  Neither of them is going to like being told "No, I like the other guy".  I think there is potential for a bit of nastiness no matter who she chooses.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2007, 12:58:50 pm »
Quite true, witness Adam's ex.  Shoot, humans being what they are, (& all weres started as humans) ONE person can cause nastiness for him/herself!  But it still won't help them.
If Sam did that, it's entirely possible that Mercy, having made her decision to throw in with Adam, would partner him in driving Sam off, even killing him if they had to.  I doubt it would come to that, but if it did, I could almost see it.
Really, I think that if she should choose Adam, she might call Bran & ask him to come ride herd on Sam, or even take him away, at least for a while.  And I think she'd make that call before she made her choice public, just to prevent those problems.
Again, that's just me, off the top of my head.  Oh- or is that just off my head? ;)
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2007, 01:15:38 pm »
I totally agree with you Patti- Although I feel Adam is the best choice. I don't think that this will be the end of the love triangle and do you think Sam is going to give up on Mercy if she chose Adam, especially if he sees her as a lifeline. I have a feeling things will definitely get more interesting after Iron Kissed. ;)
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2007, 01:28:06 pm »
 :o Now that's got a good likelihood of being true!  Yes, it will continue to be interesting after IK, & may escalate in some ways.
Giving up - well, that's kind of iffy, in my opinion.  I think that, at least on the higher surface levels, Sam would -if he's not chosen, mind!- act the gentleman.  He wouldn't be pressing close, kissing her, etc.  He'd move out of her trailer, unless she moved in with Adam & rented the whole thing to him.  But he'd be around the edges, watching them.
And a lifeline can keep you from drowning just by giving you something to keep your head above water, even if for some reason you don't get pulled aboard the boat right away.  Sometimes you get pulled onto a different boat.  I think that that's what I'd hope for, for Sam, if he's not Mercy's choice.
(I'm very pleased with that analogy, by the way. 8) )

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2007, 01:35:39 pm »
Also another thing to consider which i forgot to put in my previous post is that Sam has lived for a very long time and although he has issues - He has never given up. And I don't think he will with this, if Mercy chooses Adam.
Also both Patty and in the first chapter of Iron Kissed  Mercy have stated that Sam is a patient predator. I think that Adam and Sam are going to clash despite Mercy choosing one of them because they both want her badly and if one of them is rejected its just going to make things even more tense. I don't think either one would give up easily on her even though custom may dictate it.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2007, 01:44:25 pm »
You're right, Has.  And human nature would make them do it even though it might very easily drive Mercy away from BOTH of them.  Sometimes you wonder about the committee that designed humanity, don't you?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2007, 02:00:41 pm »
Yup especially when human nature is cruel and selfish. Funny enough I watched The Invasion yesterday - it was an average remake but what hit me was the point the film makes about humanity and our nature. Yes there are bad and negative aspects but there is also passion, joy  and love. Sometimes you have to take and accept the bad with the good and I suppose you can't change it because its impossible. To do so wouldn't make us humans and I bet that is going to be a factor with Sam and Adam although they have werewolves instincts they are also humans. Its definitely going to be interesting how this all plays out especially along with the looming problems with the vampires and perhaps the fae.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2007, 02:49:44 pm »
wow all this really makes me unable to wait any longer! whichever one mercy chooses, the other will not give up.  he'll sit behind on the sidelines and wait for his chance. like you guys said sam is a patient hunter and adam is an alpha so he is used to manipulating the situation into his favor, so either one will be sneaky while at the same time gentleman-like about getting mercy back.

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2007, 04:59:13 pm »
I think Jessie could also help decide who she chooses.  I'll post more later, but right now I cant get whats in my head into words :(

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2007, 07:34:16 pm »
I'll post more later, but right now I cant get whats in my head into words :(
I hate when that happens. ;-P

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2007, 10:46:12 am »
LOL  I still cant really get it into words but...I'll try :(

Mercy might feel like Jessie would be an added responsibility and that if she and Adam has a child their child would get the back seat because of how protective Adam is of Jessie.
Or she could feel the exact oppostite and love the idea of being able to have a closer relationship with Jessie.

Still not really what Im thinkin, but its as close as I can get :(

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2007, 11:24:06 am »
it sounds like it could go either way with jesse's influence too

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

jenglows

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2007, 03:16:25 pm »
Jesse seems to be a very mature and stable teenager, I really like her character in the books but...
 I don't think any step-mom/step-daughter relationship is without tension- even when everyone involved is well-intentioned ;).  There is a lot of potential stress in the Mercy/Jesse situation that will make things harder for them if she chooses Adam.  (the pack problems with Mercy, Jesse's Crazy mom, Adam as a protective father & Jesse as a teenager … et cetera).

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2007, 03:45:55 pm »
I think there will be more tension with Adam's ex than with Jesse if Mercy goes with this choice. The potential for drama is there especially if Mercy could offer Adam things that his ex couldn't give.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2007, 06:34:13 pm »
I agree with Has, I think that while there would step-parenting issues, the bigger issue woudl be Jessie's mom, I can't remember her name. I think that Jessie and Mercy would get on pretty well, or as well as any teen and parent get along. I like my stepmother, and compared to my other sibs, I didn't give her a hard time but...............I was a teenager. 'Nuff said. :D

I do think a major sticking point for Adam and Mercy, besides his control issues :P, will be Mercy and the pack. We have seen how she and werewolves get along, and Mercy definitely has a contrary streak. If she and Adam married, would she be expected to abide by pack rules, woudl she be given some leeway since she's a walker, and just how accomodatign would Mercy be? :D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 06:47:25 pm by charmed »
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.