Author Topic: [A&O #1] Cry Wolf Discussion  (Read 72193 times)

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
  • To live is to dance, to dance is to live.
Re: Cry Wolf Discussion
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2008, 08:40:30 pm »
Cry Wolf arrived in the mail today, phew!

*in a voice like Lucy yelling at Charlie Brown*
WHERE DID YOU ORDER IT???? HOW CAN WE OTHER GERMANS GET OUR TREMBLING HANDS ON IT ASAP??????
Check out my aspiring-writer's blog: http://mylinesmylife.blogspot.com/

Jessica

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2008, 10:43:16 am »
My copy arrived yesterday and has been consumed.  Hooray for Powells!

http://www.powells.com/biblio/62-9780441016150-0 

Tambayo

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2008, 11:42:20 am »
Cry Wolf arrived in the mail today, phew!

*in a voice like Lucy yelling at Charlie Brown*
WHERE DID YOU ORDER IT???? HOW CAN WE OTHER GERMANS GET OUR TREMBLING HANDS ON IT ASAP??????
Try emailing www.abc.nl
It's in their store although the website lists it as not yet published.

fyreesper

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2008, 11:48:00 am »
I feel like a bookstore stalker waiting for Cry Wolf, hunting through all the local and chain bookstores in the area!

munkee

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2008, 01:55:46 pm »
I called my B&N and they're like, uhm, no, it's not slated to come out till the 29th, ma'am.
all in that "you should know better voice"

this coming from the store that has been NOTORIOUS for not actually being big enough to GET deliveries on time.
oh I'm annoyed.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2008, 05:11:25 pm »
I went into the B&N in Downtown Seattle where I used to work on Sunday, just in case.  Their computer said the same, I checked the shelves just in case (no joy), and then I stopped in the Borders a few blocks away, because I've seen several times when they got their shipments faster than the B&N.  I suspect they're nicer to the reps from the distribution companies.

Oh, I forgot to say, Borders didn't have it in either.  Maybe Saturday after work, "Women in Leadership" training, and the birthday party for my quasi-brother-in-law.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:30:54 pm by Patti L. »
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

ppbwashu

• Tinker
  • God, thank you for moving me to wine country!
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2008, 07:27:57 am »
I stopped at The Bookworm on my way home from KGH yesterday, and picked up Cry Wolf and In Odd We Trust, Dean Koontz first graphic novel about Odd Thomas.  I still don't plan to read either until I get on the plane Tuesday morning, though, 'cause I just got Blood Noir in the mail yesterday, and I don't like to carry hardcovers on planes.

BTW, I really think that Patty should mention The Bookworm in one of the Mercy novels.  ;D
Find what you love and do it!

luvstraberries

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2008, 09:16:25 am »
NO WAY!!!   :'(  Boo hoo sobbing over here... I am on pins and needles to get my aching hands on Charles and Anna!!

My BN will give me a call when this is ready to be picked up, I thought that was great and now I hear this!!

BIG SIGH   ::)... Tuesday can't get here quick enough!  I'm going to run over during my lunch hour!!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2008, 11:06:19 am »
I got my copy of Cry Wolf today- :D
So if anyone in the UK cant get hold of the book- I definitely recommend Revolution books at Abebooks/ they are also known as Langton Info service.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Stevie Marie

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2008, 01:41:33 pm »
Ok... I am soo happy to have gotten my hands on this book on the 22nd. I didnt expect it till this weekend and got a email from my local barnes and noble to tell me to come in and get it. I absolutely LOVED the  book. I am on pins and needles for the next edition.. and I especially like the preview of the next mercy book... cant wait for that one either...
Stephanie Bray-Voorhes

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2008, 04:26:24 pm »
got at 1024am finished it by 1830pm, and made econmic goal too. The raises more questions( too spoiler to place here). PLus I have the hymm stuck in head I don't remember all words.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2008, 07:02:48 pm »
Everyone there's a thread for Cry Wolf discussion in this section. It's pinned at the top so discuss away if you'd like. :)
Hurog Means Dragon.

therhoda

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2008, 08:26:40 pm »
Okay i got this and gobbled it UP. I was really more distressed by the except at the back than this story. February is WAY to long to wait for this.

i have to say that the Characters in this book were interesting. The fact that as most of us have suspected there was SO much more to Bran than anyone would have suspected. the arch type os Asil as The Moor interested me. As did the witch blood lines.  I do wonder if the power behind Bran and Asil is a blending of being a werewolf and strong witch blood. then with the except i got to thinking about creepy boy and vampires. It could be an interesting power base to consider.

*goes back to gibbering for more BC* Which i am interested in seeing is an actual hard back, that has to be exciting for Patty

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2008, 12:52:44 am »
Loved the book, especially the fact that it reads quite different than the Mercy books.

Anna's past gave me some trouble, that certainly was a less fun part to read but most important to the understanding of Anna's character who I grew to like a lot for being not as happy-go-lucky as Mercy tends to be.

The juxtapositoning of Anna's & Charles's thoughts and feelings was great, especially as both in their own own way, while not always being perfectly reasonable, make perfect sense.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 01:59:00 am by Gerd D. »
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

ForGetMeNot

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2008, 07:54:11 am »
 ;D

It's here in NL !  I'm on my way to get my copy !

Come on bus just get here already, if it wasn't so freaking hot here today I'd walk to the bookstore.