Author Topic: [A&O #1] Cry Wolf Discussion  (Read 70394 times)

Demi

• Grease Monkey
Re: Cry Wolf Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 09:33:40 am »

Enjoy reading!

I am a little envious, but i made it trough the last month,
i will get trough the last few week´s.
Really exited!
Addicted to the tales from the Bard of Hurog

Triakel

• Tinker
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 12:52:16 pm »
*gloating*
I'm back from the country, and I just popped by to say Cry Wolf was SUPER DUPER MARVELOUS GREAT and every other thing you can think of.
*content sigh*
I've already re-read it!
hehehe

No, I'm gonna stop being smug, and do the "cheer up" thing. Think of it this way. If you haven't read it yet you can savour still having it to read, if you know what I mean?

Hugs
Triakel
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government... you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

me

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 04:13:42 pm »

No, I'm gonna stop being smug, and do the "cheer up" thing. Think of it this way. If you haven't read it yet you can savour still having it to read, if you know what I mean?

That's just mean! I have to get to the book store and see when I can get a copy in Canada. I had to order Iron Kissed and Blood Bound from the States so it took a WEEK longer :'(. Oh well. Glad you enjoyed it Triakel!

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 04:30:31 pm »
me, where are you in Canada? You can pre-order Cry Wolf now at chapters.indigo.ca I'm in AB and have had not bad luck finding the books on the release date.
Hurog Means Dragon.

mimi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 07:49:24 am »
ARGH!  I posted in the Ask Patty section, then realized you were here as well and that you're in Sweden ;).  Yeah, I wish I were in Sweden now, too!  Glad you've enjoyed it; I'm sure I will too, once I get my hands on it.

Faellie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 04:13:03 am »
Murder One is the business.  I got my copy of Cry Wolf from them last week, and was carefully not mentioning it in case it caused trouble.  But given Mike's kind and understanding words about foreign release dates, I feel able to admit it now.

Cry Wolf is a wonderful book.  I love it.

Fonseca

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 10:50:11 am »
Just got off the phone with my local Barnes & Noble. He said that though the book is listed as July 29th, it has no lay down date.

That means that as soon as the store receives its weekly (probably) shipment from Ace (Penguin Putnam), they can put it out instead of storing it in the back room until the 29th.

So call your local store. You might get lucky and be able to get a copy sometime mid next week - maybe even Friday this week. Just depends on when the store gets it shipment.

Tambayo

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 12:10:18 pm »
NL has it already (was in Amsterdam today) Date stamp on pricesticker said 30/06, so looks like Europe got theirs realy early?

emmad

• Tinker
    • JDK Lodge
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 12:33:40 pm »
I use www.bookdepository.co.uk a bit as has free international shipping.  Works out cheaper even though the books can be slightly more expensive.
Checked and they don't have Cry Wolf in stock but went from there to www.abebooks.com and they do with lots of different options.  Also look like they offer free shipping too.

Jessica

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 03:02:04 pm »
I ordered a copy from Powell's and it has an estimated arrival date of July 22.  They show 25 copies (minus one for me!) in their were-house. 

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 03:40:12 am »
www.bol.de has it listed as readily available, ordered it today.
On Amazon it still has a 'can be preordered' status.

Edit: According to bol it's on its way, so I should have it by tomorro or Monday the latest. Yay!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:28:27 am by Gerd D. »
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

Demi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 03:44:21 am »
Edit: According to bol it's on its way, so I should have it by tomorro or Monday the latest. Yay!

That would mean i would have mine next Monday!
When i talked with their Telefonservice, they were not sure.

Thank you for the information!
Addicted to the tales from the Bard of Hurog

Temari

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 04:03:10 am »
How annoying! Murder One has been told that the orginal 100 books that they had were released early by mistake, so when requesting more they were told they would have to wait.

So... I've now ordered through abebooks, who say the book will arrive in 1-2 weeks. Hope it does.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 07:33:47 am »
I got the same message Temari- But I spoke to one of the staff yesterday and she said that new books should arrive next Tuesday. I will be getting it there because my original order was through amazon US, which I cancelled. I still dont know why Amazon UK is saying the book wont be available until October the 9th and this is US edition  :(
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Temari

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 11:49:22 am »
Well - they said that to me too. But when I pushed a bit they said they hoped they would be there next Tuesday....
Whether I call again on Tues and order one if they have come in is another question... nothing wrong with having 2 copies  :)