Author Topic: [A&O #1] Cry Wolf Discussion  (Read 70234 times)

fyreesper

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Cry Wolf Discussion
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2008, 09:53:51 am »
darn it, I always seem to miss the chats...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2008, 11:23:51 am »
Fyreesper, you can always arrange one yourself!  Several of the regulars can't be on during the weekend, and you could catch all kinds of unexpected people by declaring a M-F date and showing up.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Suzi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2008, 11:34:15 am »
 :D :D :D :D

Thanks to a commment by Midangel last night,  I got a copy this morning. Three guesses to what I've been doing today, and the first two don't count.

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2008, 04:12:05 pm »
Well I missed the chat so I am waay behind the power curve but have to say something anyways  ;).  I could see why this book was difficult to write because we had already gone past these events in Tri-Cities so going back in time and not contradicting or forseeing what was happening must have been really hard.  I know a few times when I was reading I had to remind myself that this happened between the books instead of after the last I had read with Mercy.

I really liked how Patty was able to let us see some of how Bran is able to be the Marrock and that Mercy really only saw mainly one aspect of his personality.  I also enjoyed how Anna and Charles still had to get used to each other despite the wolves having made their decision in Alpha and Omega.  It was also interesting how different Anna's interaction with the Pack vs Mercy's interactions.  Now I can't wait for the next one!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2008, 06:34:21 pm »
Now that you mention that, I'm ready to re-read.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2008, 06:36:52 pm »
I have been re-reading this weekend. :D
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
  • To live is to dance, to dance is to live.
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2008, 04:12:27 am »
Gerd, after the Review on the Dear Author website
http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2008/07/21/alpha-and-omega-and-cry-wolf-by-patricia-briggs/
Mrs. Briggs posted a few comments on that subject. See comment # 49.
Very interesting! I think your idea about it is pretty much spot-on...

ETA: Title modified. Elle
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:53:49 pm by Elle »
Check out my aspiring-writer's blog: http://mylinesmylife.blogspot.com/

Demi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2008, 08:49:55 am »

Finally i got it . Loved it.
I am happy  :) going to reread now.
Addicted to the tales from the Bard of Hurog

Demi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2008, 09:16:01 am »

I loved it. It was worth waiting for it.

My english is not good enough for details, but
the praise that had been written so far, is what
i would write if i could :)

Now i have so much more questions, i have more insight
of the personalitys of some people in the books too.
I thought it was a beautiful romance, and anna is a heroine
that can stand beside Mercy on her own. I truly like her a lot.
After reading this my sight towards Leah changed a bit, i understand
her more. Bran is still my hero, i loved to see more man, and less
almighty big Alpha. Charles... well i let´s say he is the one for me.

Now this expert at the end leaves me waiting again, but i know
it will be worth it, as it was everytime before.

Thank you Mrs. Briggs, Bard of Hurog,

for another amazing book of yours.
I am looking happily forward to the next.

greetings

Addicted to the tales from the Bard of Hurog

opramum

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2008, 01:24:14 pm »
Gotta reread too.  Just devoured it, late at night, first time!
Esteemed member of the SOOGA

bingomzan

• Grease Monkey
  • Wolf link is the ultimate werewolf!
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2008, 07:45:51 pm »
The book was so good i finished it in about 5 hours and stayed up until 3 in the morning reading it.

I loved everything about it and especially the facts we find out about bran and how not nice he really is.
***BONE CROSSED IS AMAZING!***   ***MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS THE FAE WALKING STICK!!!***

Important Event Log
***Patty's books are ANTIQUES***

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2008, 11:07:57 pm »
I couldn't resist anymore, I bought the e-book and read it in two days at work... now I have to wait to re-read it as book....

It was great!!!!!!!!! I loveeeeed it and let's just say that... ah, the characters became alive, I could almost see Anna and Charles (Big fan of Native Americans I was but now... between Adam and Sam I pick Charles....)

And even though I feel sorry for Leah, well she did know she could never be anything more than a substitute for Blue Jay Woman to Bran, I wouldn't compromise, but that's me....

And Sam... It gave me a new perspective in Moon Called and Blood Bound...

I loved the book, when is the next again?  :P

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2008, 05:20:10 pm »
I lent my book to a friend, after having reread it, and now I want it back!!! Wish she'd hurry up with it. *sigh*

jenglows

« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2008, 04:10:31 pm »

Just got back from Colorado where I didn't have any internet access for almost 2 weeks!  I've been dying to discuss this book,  I loved it!!   Anna is fabulous and  I really enjoy getting her thoughts and being able to compare to Charles interpretations of the situation.  I think writing from both perspectives is so much more interesting.  It gives the reader a wonderful window into each character.

Okay,  must go unpack  so I'm just going to lay out a few of my main comments ...

- the flesh & blood pack bond  bit creeped me out! yuck.
- Samuel is my man  ;) and I was thrilled that he was in this novel and I hope that his presence in both series continues ;)
-  getting a glimpse at the history of Bran & Samuel  And Bran & leah was amazing!  It  began to answer some of my most burning questions since reading Moon Called.  Those characters are so interesting to me.
- I love that Anna is getting her confidence back and stood up to Leah the first time she met her
- I can't wait to read more about Sage and the rest of the Marrock's pack!  Loved Tad in Birks and tie-dye! He belongs in Portland ;)

tsmith10

« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2008, 10:26:46 am »
Having bought and read Cry Wolf yesterday, I could not wait to say how great I thought it was.  I read the novella associated with it, and eagerly awaited the book following the story to arrive.  I immediately fell in love with Anna all over again within the first chapters of the book.  Before reading the book, I knew some of the reviews had been pretty harsh.  Not having read the Mercy series (though I have all of them in my TBR pile and have given them as gifts), I wondered if the story would be limiting not knowing many of the characters already.  My worries were unnecessary as the book was well-written, describing so much, fitting along nicely with the short story in the series.  For one, I actually enjoyed having the story start off right where the first left off.  I was enthralled from the beginning, wondering and worrying about both Anna and Charles.  I was glad this was done, because I feel so much character development would have been lost by skipping over to when they've had time together after just going through what they've been through, especially on Anna's part (again, I had not seen Charles before the short story, so that may be why I was biased towards Anna).  The opening scene with her and her old pack was full of tension, and I immediately became engaged in the story.  I loved the background stories found throughout the book, the side characters (Asil was awesome, as was Sage, who made me smile each moment she turned up, and Walter), and many other little aspects that made the book wonderful.  I want to say more, but do not want to put up spoilers in a review.  So, I feel like Patricia Briggs did not disappoint, but as always met the high standard I have grown accustomed to after reading her earlier, non-urban fantasy novels.  Thank you!